This review is a little late but better late than never. My husband and I stayed at the Black Hawk for our anniversary. We've been to the Dells many times - this hotel was our favorite by far.
What we liked about this place -
Size - smaller than the "Mega" resorts on strip. Has a charm about it.
Clean - Very clean rooms with somewhat updated decor. The new matresses are awesome too!
Location - You can walk from the hotel to get to all the downtown action. Saves from having to find a parking spot and quarters for the meters.
Staff - Very friendly and welcoming. Also, quite accomodating. We arrived early to do the Zip line tour and they let us check in early and drop our bags off so we didn't have to drag all that to the tour.
Price - Very reasonable, especially since we were there in "high" season.
For us, there wasn't anything we didn't like about this place. If you are looking for something with indoor waterpark, etc. this isn't it but it does have a pool and is still close to everything you'd want to do in the Dells.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sealy Encore Plush Beds in all rooms! Choose from 30 different room types, from family to budget, cottages, jacuzzi suites, kitchenettes and two bedroom units. All rooms include Free High Speed Wireless, Fridge, Microwave, DVD/CD player and Reserved parking at your door. Indoor and Outdoor Heated Pools with slides and diving board. Centerally located just 4 blocks from downtown, attraction packages, 24 hour casino shuttle. Family Owned and Operated Since 1945! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Tingo, Travelocity, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com, Priceline and Venere so you can book your Black Hawk Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Black Hawk Hotel Wisconsin Dells
- Black Hawk Wisconsin Dells