“Excellent, all the way around.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Black Hawk Motel

You added Black Hawk Motel to your Saves list
Black Hawk Motel
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   720 Race Street, P.O. Box 15, Wisconsin Dells, WI 53965   |
Ranked #1 of 80 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Stewartville, Minnesota
“Excellent, all the way around.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2010

Just returned from a 2 night stay here and I had to review because the place really is a hidden treasure. If you're not into the waterparks and resorts and want a little quiet time, I highly recommend the Black Hawk Motel.

Everything was extremely clean, from the mini frige and micro, to the bathtub and the bed linens.

You really get the feel of a family run, family oriented place. Both pools were fabulous as were the whirlpools and saunas. And again, CLEAN.

All staff the we interacted with were very pleasant, friendly and ever so helpful.

The hotel location is at the end of the downtown area, and a perfect place to be if you wish to explore the downtown area. Shopping and eating all within walking distance.

Highly recommended, we will for sure be returning for our next stay in the Dells.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (215)
  • Polish first
Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2010

This has been my third year to the Dells and once again, Brad and the crew were AWESOME! Stayed again in room 66 over Memorial Day weekend with family in room 63 across the street. The pools are always clean and the game room got more games. We conquered the teenage mutant ninja turtle game with $25 ha-ha. Thanks again for another great year and we'll see you again in 2011!

Toua

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends
St. Louis, MO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2010

I stay here when I travel to see friends in Wisconsin and I love old motels. THIS is the best run, finest mom/pop motel in the country I have stayed at!
The rooms are immaculate and the property inside/outside is meticulously cared for.
Friendly family runs the property and is an excellent location/price for the Dells. My favorite (seriously my favorite) place to stay in the USA! It's not a Hilton - but cleaner and more maintained than a Hilton!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo
Beecher, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2010

Hi,I,ve been going to the Dells 30 plus years and I adore the blackhawk hotel the MOST! Rooms are clean,nice size,pools are great,quiet off the main drag,and the family ownership is second to NOBODY! Pops,brad and tina are some of the finest people I,ve ever came in to contact with,even though brads a packers fan!!! I went there for decades as my kids grew up,now im on my own and when I visit to see my boys,I stay at the blachawk for a reason,fairly priced,love the feel of the motel,always clean,and the owners always treat me like family,they are second to nobody,and for the few that complain,heck,i dont know whats with you folks! I will always recommend the Black Hawk to my family and freinds...love everything about the place!!!especially the great and kind ownership,im loyal for a REASON! I,ll be there in june,cant wait! Ken Nagel..chicago il..

• Stayed August 2009
Milwaukee, WI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2010

For quite a few years, when the children were young, we stayed at the Blackhawk Motel. We always had great service from the time we checked in to the time we check out, we usually stayed for 6 nights in a kitchenette. The reasonable rates always allowed us to enjoy the other great values throughout the Dells area. The owners of the Black Hawk, are always willing to share their personal preferences, of other family friendly business, in the Dells area.

• Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
Rockford, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2010

We had a group of 11 stay for the Pokemon regional championships, in rooms 70,71 and 73. The kitchenette was great, we ate most of our meals there, saving us a ton of money. It was the perfect place to gather and just hang out when we weren't at the tourney. Room 71 had a nice big table to play cards at. Our rooms were looked like they were recently remodeled and were extremely clean, the beds were super comfy and there was a ton of room for our crew. We will definitely be back to visit again, possibly with the same crew, since we all had such a fantastic time!!!

• Stayed April 2010
Calgary
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2009

It is always a pleasure to return to an accommodation and be more pleased than the first visit!

A pleasant outdoor pool (there is also an indoor pool but who wants that during the summer?); the 2 queen bedded room was more spacious than our previous room; micro and fridge in each room with an astro-turffed patio to sit on for morning coffee and dinner; a good place to walk the dogs back behind the motel. And by the way, ask for a room at the rear of the property versus one close to the street.

We look forward to our third visit!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Black Hawk Motel? Share your experiences!