“Awesome trip back in time with tottal quality of hospitality from superb great loyal family run ownership.second to none” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Black Hawk Motel

You added Black Hawk Motel to your Saves list
Black Hawk Motel
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   720 Race Street, P.O. Box 15, Wisconsin Dells, WI 53965   |
Ranked #1 of 80 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Beecher, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2010

Hi,I,ve been going to the Dells 30 plus years and I adore the blackhawk hotel the MOST! Rooms are clean,nice size,pools are great,quiet off the main drag,and the family ownership is second to NOBODY! Pops,brad and tina are some of the finest people I,ve ever came in to contact with,even though brads a packers fan!!! I went there for decades as my kids grew up,now im on my own and when I visit to see my boys,I stay at the blachawk for a reason,fairly priced,love the feel of the motel,always clean,and the owners always treat me like family,they are second to nobody,and for the few that complain,heck,i dont know whats with you folks! I will always recommend the Black Hawk to my family and freinds...love everything about the place!!!especially the great and kind ownership,im loyal for a REASON! I,ll be there in june,cant wait! Ken Nagel..chicago il..

• Stayed August 2009

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (216)
  • Polish first
Milwaukee, WI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2010

For quite a few years, when the children were young, we stayed at the Blackhawk Motel. We always had great service from the time we checked in to the time we check out, we usually stayed for 6 nights in a kitchenette. The reasonable rates always allowed us to enjoy the other great values throughout the Dells area. The owners of the Black Hawk, are always willing to share their personal preferences, of other family friendly business, in the Dells area.

• Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
Rockford, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2010

We had a group of 11 stay for the Pokemon regional championships, in rooms 70,71 and 73. The kitchenette was great, we ate most of our meals there, saving us a ton of money. It was the perfect place to gather and just hang out when we weren't at the tourney. Room 71 had a nice big table to play cards at. Our rooms were looked like they were recently remodeled and were extremely clean, the beds were super comfy and there was a ton of room for our crew. We will definitely be back to visit again, possibly with the same crew, since we all had such a fantastic time!!!

• Stayed April 2010
Calgary
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2009

It is always a pleasure to return to an accommodation and be more pleased than the first visit!

A pleasant outdoor pool (there is also an indoor pool but who wants that during the summer?); the 2 queen bedded room was more spacious than our previous room; micro and fridge in each room with an astro-turffed patio to sit on for morning coffee and dinner; a good place to walk the dogs back behind the motel. And by the way, ask for a room at the rear of the property versus one close to the street.

We look forward to our third visit!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
chicago, il
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2009

Dollar for Dollar. Great cost savings. Ice is avilable for coolers. Grill is available for cooking (lighter fluid I found under grill). Free Internet. Service was awesome. Got tickets for Mt Olypus. Reasonably quiet for a family place. VERY CLEAN.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2009

When planning our annual trip to the Dells, I was hesistant at staying at a Motel since we had a bad experience in the past. When we arrived they let us check in early so we can enjoy our time at Mount Olympus. Room was clean and was very well maintained. Staff was very nice and helpful with any questions. I loved the constant barbequing there and we had a nice small kitchenette in our room which was great. The only drawback is that it is not within walking distance to any of the waterparks.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
Madison, WI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2009

I am always tempted to stay at the "kitchy" retro-style motels in the Dells but I have had a couple bad experiences at them...usually that the beds are uncomfortable or the rooms seem dirty. The last two years I've stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn during my husband and my annual Dell's weekend. However, this year I went on Trip Advisor and decided to give Black Hawk a chance. I am SO glad I did! We thoroughly enjoyed Black Hawk Motel! It was VERY VERY clean. The beds are pretty new and super comfortable. Nice flat-screen TV's in the room. The pool area is very retro! We loved it - we actually had the whole indoor pool to ourselves. My husband LOVED the game room with retro-80's video games. It felt like we were kids again! I can see in the summer how it would also be a lot of fun. We'll definitely bring our 3 year old there next summer before she can start begging us to stay at the mega-resorts. Ugh. Anyway, we will continue to stay at Black Hawk and save the $50/night it costs to stay at the Hilton. The bed is just as good (maybe better) the pool area is WAY cooler, and the coffee in the office is yummy! And clean, clean, clean...that's my top priority! Very friendly staff too! I highly recommend!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Black Hawk Motel? Share your experiences!