“HIDDEN JEWEL” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Black Hawk Motel

You added Black Hawk Motel to your Saves list
Black Hawk Motel
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   720 Race Street, P.O. Box 15, Wisconsin Dells, WI 53965   |
Offers & Announcements
FREE DUAL WATERPARKS!
Ranked #1 of 72 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Certificate of Excellence 2014
chicago
“HIDDEN JEWEL”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2009

My family and I have stayed at the resorts in the dells area and some hotels, but we were blown away with this place. you can not judge this motel by the saying. I thought we were just going to spend 3 days in some common motel. but to our amazement the place was cleaner then some of the resorts we stayed in that charged us more money for their stinky, dirty rooms. I look forward to spending all our time at the blackhawk next time we are in the dells. rooms are clean, pool is clean indoor and outdoor, they even have a kiddie pool which my son loved. 2 clean playgrounds, and a gameroom.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (225)
  • Polish first
Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2009

We spent one night at the Black Hawk and were very pleased with our room. The furnishings were a little outdated but that said, everything was clean and neat. The bed was extremely comfortable and we would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Burlington, IA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2009

I found this motel from the reviews on Trip Adivisor. The room was clean and had a nice beds. The pillows were flat but that hardly took away from the Motel. It was what I imagine motels were like during the hayday of the 50' and 60's travel when people did it mostly by car. They have an indoor and outdoor pool that was a lot quieter to swim in that the huge water parks in the area. The motel was away from the very busy river district and it was nice and quiet at all times. It was still close enough to everything to be a quick trip to all of the attractions. I would definately stay here again if I return to the Dells.

• Stayed September 2009
LaPorte,IN.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2009

The wife and I spent the week-end in the Dells.This motel is close to the downtown area.We were impressed with how clean the place is.The room was comfortable,and like I said CLEAN!.The pool was great.I highly recomend this motel! And will stay there on any future visits!!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
St. Clair Shores, MI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2009

My daughter and I just got back from Wisconsin Dells yesterday-August 27, 2009. We stayed at the Black Hawk and if you are looking for a clean, convenient, well-priced motel this is the place.! I picked it because of the online reviews and we are so glad we did. My daughter (24) was a little bothered by the neighbors slamming doors until 12:30am and we both could have done without the fabric shower curtain which stuck to you while trying to shower, but, those were such small complaints. The beds, the room in general, pool, grounds etc were immaculate!

• Stayed August 2009
Naperville, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2009

I stayed at The Black Hawk over the 8/21-8/23 weekend. Very pleased with our choice as we have never stayed in the Dells before. I did research and went with my gut on the Black Hawk. This place exceeded my expectations. Very clean rooms. Linens were clean and like new. Bathroom was clean and fresh. Everything was as presented on the website. The grounds, buildings and pool/play areas were inviting and well maintained.
Definately a great choice for those who want to avoid a Mega Resort.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Negaunee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2009

We have stayed at the Black hawk several times now, it is always clean and the owners are very friendly. I enjoy the cozy relaxed feeling, you are able to sit outside you room, the pools are great. This is our choice to stay when in th Dells!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family

Been to Black Hawk Motel? Share your experiences!