“Weekend getaway” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Black Hawk Motel

You added Black Hawk Motel to your Saves list
Black Hawk Motel
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   720 Race Street, P.O. Box 15, Wisconsin Dells, WI 53965   |
Ranked #1 of 79 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
“Weekend getaway”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I've been coming here for the past 10year. This place has always been a great place to stay,the owner have always welcome you with open arms. I love coming here with my family and with the water park pass even better

• Stayed October 2014
TheBlackHawk, General Manager at Black Hawk Motel, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Thanks so much for your review and more importantly for your continued years of patronage for the past decade. Glad you could make a trip to the Dells for a fall weekend getaway! We hope to see you next summer so you can enjoy our outdoor pool and the outdoor waterparks at Noah's Ark and Chula Vista, complimentary for all registered guests in 2015. Thanks again and have a great rest of the fall season! Sincerely, Brad

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (215)
  • Polish first
Oshkosh, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I recently stayed at Black Hawk Motel overnight. I was going to miss my estimated arrival time, so I phoned ahead. The gentleman assured me that my reservation was in place, and he thanked me for calling.

When I arrived, I was greeted warmly. I entered my room and was very pleased. Everything was clean, and the room was very spacious. My queen bed was extremely comfortable. There was a lot of storage space for guests staying a while.

I received a free pass for the water park at nearby Chula Vista resort, as well as a gift card for one of the Dells' fine dining restaurants. If I had arrived between Memorial Day and Labor Day, I'd have received a pass for Noah's Ark as well.

I will definitely recommend Black Hawk Motel to anyone who asks for places to stay. I will also suggest to my own adult children that this might be a great place to visit.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled solo
We always appreciate our arriving guests that give us call because they are running late, as it informs us that they are safe and on schedule to arrive for the check in night they reserved. I thank you again for giving us a quick call, it was a pleasure checking you in late and thank you so much for taking the time to write us a review! We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and found us to be an excellent value. Have a great day and we hope to see you again soon! Sincerely, Brad
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

2 friends and I just stayed at this motel. We enjoyed the spacious 3 double beds, updated décor, friendly staff, and the great value. The beds were comfortable and the refrigerator and microwave were clean and in good working condition. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends
TheBlackHawk, General Manager at Black Hawk Motel, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Hello Karen, Thanks so much for taking the time to write us a quick review in regards to your recent stay with us! We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our rooms with 3 double beds (rooms 19 and 20) are a couple of the most popular of our 29 different room types that we have. They are great for larger families of 6 or 4 and perhaps the most popular for 3 adults who all want to sleep separate. We hope to accommodate you again soon and have a wonderful rest of the fall season. Sincerely, Brad
Norwood, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

A friend of mine and I were in Wisconsin Dells with our church group (UCG). I chose this motel because it was rated #1 by TripAdvisor for 2013! Well...I figured they'd surely want to keep up that kind of reputation, so I made reservations! I have to say I loved this place and won't think twice about going back again! Brad & Tena are very personable people and the staff was very patient & kind about not being able to get into our room to do their jobs because my friend was ill the 7 days we stayed there. The room was larger than I expected and had a very comfort-
able bed. I needed an iron & ironing board which they let me keep in the room everyday/no extra charge. There was another church group staying here, so as far as noise is concerned...I have no complaints, it was peaceful. I wish Brad & Tena many, many more years of continued success!! Their hospitality won't be forgotten! ( :

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends
Hello Korrine, Thank you so much for taking the time to write us a review and for choosing the Black Hawk for your week + stay in Wisconsin Dells. We truly appreciate all our guests and try our best to accommodate them on their schedule as time allows. It really means a lot to Tena, I and our staff for your best wishes for our continued success. We certainly plan on being here for years to come and with the Black Hawk name. Thanks again and we hope to see you again next fall, if not sooner. Sincerely, Brad
Oshkosh, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This year was our third annual stay with the Black Hawk with a group of friends (we are in our late 20s/early 30s), and it is absolutely perfect for us! Within walking distance to downtown restaurants, bars, and attractions, and we love the indoor pool/hot tub/sauna because our trip is always in mid-October. The motel offers many different styles of AFFORDABLE rooms, depending on the different needs of their guests. The rooms and facilities are always clean, the staff is friendly, and the owners are refreshingly personable and accommodating. We love staying here and plan on doing so for years to come!

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for your review and more importantly for being one of our many repeat guests. We are happy to hear that we are your choice for accommodations while attending the annual Wisconsin Dells on Tap and Autumn Harvest Fest. We do offer 29 different room types to choose from and our indoor pool is ALWAYS open until at least 11:30 pm each night. We look forward to seeing you again next year and have a great rest of the fall season! Sincerely, Brad
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 weeks ago

I've been vacationing in the " Dells" since I was Six yrs old. Now that I have my own family I needed to find a place in town that would suit the needs of my developmentally disabled son. The larger "resorts' were simply too noisy and crowded. The Black Hawk motel was perfect for my large family. The house we rented was very clean, and the beds were comfortable. I personally preferred the nostalgic feel of the motel, in comparison to the larger waterpark resorts. The Blackhawk reminded me of what the hotels/motels were like before it became a battle of the waterparks. If you are looking for resort style accommodations this is not the place. If you are looking for a clean, well priced, family friendly place to stay this is it. I'll be back next year.

Room Tip: The Two Bedroom house is nicely equipped, and a short walk to the indoor pool.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your review and for choosing the Black Hawk! We are happy to hear that we offer an alternative to the mega water park resorts. We have many guests that tell us that we remind them of family vacations they use to take while they were kids. Many of our guests want their children to have the same experience. So happy our two bedroom house worked well for you and your family...it's one of our most popular rooms. We hope to see you and your family in 2015! We will be offering both FREE Chula Vista Water Parks and Noah's Ark for all registered guests. Sincerely, Brad
Racine, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 weeks ago

This place really lived up to its excellent reputation. We were visiting the Dells with 5 kids and needed a family friendly hotel. This worked wonderfully. The kids loved the whirlpool in the cottage we were in. They also have an indoor and outdoor pool that they enjoyed. Comfortable beds and super clean rooms. Friendly staff. We will definitely be staying here for future trips to the Dells.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your review! Our Whirlpool Deluxe (cottage #68) is a popular room for families that also want a bit of privacy. It has two Sealy Encore Plush beds in the back bedroom w/ TV and AC and a privacy door and the front of the unit has a Sealy Encore Plush Queen bed and large whirlpool, TV and love seat. We are so glad this room worked great for you and your family. We hope to see you again for our summer season in 2015. Have a great fall and winter! Sincerely, Brad

Been to Black Hawk Motel? Share your experiences!