We stayed at Black Hawk Motel for only 1 night over labor day weekend, TRUST ME we would have stayed longer but My husbands work schedule would not allow! I was excited to stay here because of all the great reviews on Tripadvisor. What a great place. Staff was super friendly, and my daughter and I took advantage of the FREE waterpark Passes while my husband spent time at the Casino, at which he won $500 paying for our ENTIRE trip plus some!!!
I have stayed at quite a few hotels in my time, and let me assure you I am not exaggerating when I say this is BY FAR, the CLEANEST place I have ever stayed!
Out of Curiosity My daughter and I read some of the very few Negative reviews on tripadvisor just to see what people could possibly complain about!? with that said let me tell you now, If you are a high class, hoity toity type that needs top of the line EVERYTHING and feel like you need to stay only in 4 star and above hotels Black Hawk may not be the place for you! Yes it is an Older Motel with some things slightly outdated. But if you are a down to earth family like us these are the "charms" that you will love about Black Hawk Motel. We loved the "front porch" fell complete with the "vintage" chairs and bright green astroturf! We LOVED the game room with the Classic video games, like Pac Man and Donkey Kong. The outside pool was a little busy which was to be expected on Labor Day weekend but my daughter still enjoyed a quick dip and I REALLY enjoyed Monday morning when I saw a young kid who work for the Motel get into the pool and scrub down all the tile around the edges! I'm not kidding when I say this place is Clean. the indoor pool looked very nice but we did not get in, as we spent most of our time at the Water Parks. Pirates Cove was a super fun Mini Golf place and with our splash pass that Black Hawk motel gave us we got a discount!! then went for buy one get one free margaritas at the Mexicali Rose.
Breakfast at Mitzis was good. Decided on Monks downtown for dinner/ burgers, Maybe its because we are from MI and have experienced the "Blimpie Burger" in Ann Arbor but this place didnt really blow our skirts up much. (my father in laws analogy) it wasnt BAD but it surely WAS NOT a Blimpie Burger!!!!!!!!!!!!!
All in all it was a great trip and we will definitely come back to Black Hawk Motel for our "adults only" weekend in October.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sealy Encore Plush Beds in all rooms! Choose from 30 different room types, from family to budget, cottages, jacuzzi suites, kitchenettes and two bedroom units. All rooms include Free High Speed Wireless, Fridge, Microwave, DVD/CD player and Reserved parking at your door. Indoor and Outdoor Heated Pools with slides and diving board. Centerally located just 4 blocks from downtown, attraction packages, 24 hour casino shuttle. Family Owned and Operated Since 1945! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Black Hawk Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Black Hawk Hotel Wisconsin Dells
- Black Hawk Wisconsin Dells