“Great Place for family or couples!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Black Hawk Motel

You added Black Hawk Motel to your Saves list
Black Hawk Motel
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   720 Race Street, P.O. Box 15, Wisconsin Dells, WI 53965   |
Ranked #1 of 80 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Loveland, Colorado
“Great Place for family or couples!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2014

We stayed at Black Hawk Motel for only 1 night over labor day weekend, TRUST ME we would have stayed longer but My husbands work schedule would not allow! I was excited to stay here because of all the great reviews on Tripadvisor. What a great place. Staff was super friendly, and my daughter and I took advantage of the FREE waterpark Passes while my husband spent time at the Casino, at which he won $500 paying for our ENTIRE trip plus some!!!

I have stayed at quite a few hotels in my time, and let me assure you I am not exaggerating when I say this is BY FAR, the CLEANEST place I have ever stayed!

Out of Curiosity My daughter and I read some of the very few Negative reviews on tripadvisor just to see what people could possibly complain about!? with that said let me tell you now, If you are a high class, hoity toity type that needs top of the line EVERYTHING and feel like you need to stay only in 4 star and above hotels Black Hawk may not be the place for you! Yes it is an Older Motel with some things slightly outdated. But if you are a down to earth family like us these are the "charms" that you will love about Black Hawk Motel. We loved the "front porch" fell complete with the "vintage" chairs and bright green astroturf! We LOVED the game room with the Classic video games, like Pac Man and Donkey Kong. The outside pool was a little busy which was to be expected on Labor Day weekend but my daughter still enjoyed a quick dip and I REALLY enjoyed Monday morning when I saw a young kid who work for the Motel get into the pool and scrub down all the tile around the edges! I'm not kidding when I say this place is Clean. the indoor pool looked very nice but we did not get in, as we spent most of our time at the Water Parks. Pirates Cove was a super fun Mini Golf place and with our splash pass that Black Hawk motel gave us we got a discount!! then went for buy one get one free margaritas at the Mexicali Rose.
Breakfast at Mitzis was good. Decided on Monks downtown for dinner/ burgers, Maybe its because we are from MI and have experienced the "Blimpie Burger" in Ann Arbor but this place didnt really blow our skirts up much. (my father in laws analogy) it wasnt BAD but it surely WAS NOT a Blimpie Burger!!!!!!!!!!!!!
All in all it was a great trip and we will definitely come back to Black Hawk Motel for our "adults only" weekend in October.

Room Tip: we stayed in unit 49 a two queen room! it was VERY nice and right across from the pool! A/C worked G...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (215)
  • Polish first
Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2014

We are so thankful for the Black Hawk Motel! We had booked a room at the Flamingo Motel which was a big mistake. The room was filthy and appeared to not have been cleaned in years. The only positive was that the person at the front desk refunded our money. We drove around The Dells stopping in a couple of places then came upon the Black Hawk. They had a room for our long Labor Day weekend vacation, so we took it. Best decision ever! Clean rooms and classic motel atmosphere. The kids loved the heated indoor and outdoor pools along with the classic arcade room. Great location and we appreciated the water park passes. The staff was friendly and attentive. We were glad to hear they are keeping the family business alive and well after so many years. We'll definitely be back for another stay!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2014

So I was doing my hotel homework, and I came across Black Hawk and was sold with all the positive reviews. We took a chance and so pleased we did. The rooms were clean, reserved parking a plus, the staff friendly and helpful. Loved the indoor and outdoor pools. I even took advantage of the sauna room, while the husband and kids played in the retro arcade room. We used the grill there to cook up some burgers and dogs. I've never been to a Motel with such great amenities, and just blocks away from the strip. We enjoyed the perks of visiting two water parks and discounts on the Original Ducks Tour and the Riverside Train Ride. The Best Dell's vacation ever, Thank you Black Hawk Motel, we'll definitely be coming back. Keep up the Wonderful work!

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Wisconsin, US
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2014

This was our first stay at the Black Hawk and it will NOT be our last. I've only heard by word of mouth (from friends) about this and saw that they had excellent reviews. We needed a quick overnight in the Dells before our kids went back to school and booked here. I won't go into great detail about everything, but the location is great, walking distance to downtown Dells, the room was very clean (we saw a lot of cleaning staff the next morning / attention to detail) the pool areas are very well kept, the grounds are clean and the owner was there at check in and check out. He was very friendly and asked how everything was. The price is right, especially that you can go to both Noah's Ark and Chula Vista if you'd want to (for the water parks). I know we were all pleasantly surprised. We have an 11 and 12 year old who have never experienced a Motel and they liked it! It's quaint and not overcrowded like the big hotels in the Dells. I am very happy that a mom and pop place like this can still exist among the large money hungry places nearby. They have a personal touch that you don't get at those places. Kudos to the Preissel family! KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!

Room Tip: Get in the "U" if you wanted to be close to the pools.
Rolling Meadows, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2014

the hosts were very helpful and friendly. We got one of the smaller rooms for 4 people but was fine for a little relaxing and sleeping. Very clean rooms. They offer Chula Vista and Noah's ark passes for free each night and we went to Noah's ark which would have cost us more than we paid for the room.

Indianapolis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2014

This was our second stay in the past year. Property is very clean, room was spotless, bed was comfy. Our room had a small kitchen and double whirlpool tub and was pretty much separated from the rest of the motel. You drive up and park at your door. Very convenient. Quiet as it is just far enough away from downtown but not too far to be inconvenient. They treated us like family returning! Would stay here again and highly recommend!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Faribault, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2014

This is our second stay at Black Hawk and we are once again thrilled with our visit. The staff and owners treat you like family, the hotel is just a couple of blocks from the main downtown area, and we got BOTH Noah's Arc and Chula Vista armbands every day we stayed and the day we checked out!

Room Tip: There is no bad room location here but it is fun to stay in the main horseshoe. If you review the ro...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Been to Black Hawk Motel? Share your experiences!