“Book ahead! ” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Black Hawk Motel

Save Saved
You added Black Hawk Motel to your Saves list
Black Hawk Motel
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   720 Race Street, P.O. Box 15, Wisconsin Dells, WI 53965   |
Special Deal
FREE WATERPARK INCLUDED
Ranked #1 of 78 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
“Book ahead! ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

This motel is so amazing be sure to book ahead of time so you have options of rooms to select. My husband and I waited pretty last minute (spontaneous vacation on our end). However they were able to get us into a queen economy room which was very clean and great location right by the office, pools, jacuzzis and ice machine. The bed was nice and comfy! Free Noah's Ark tickets were an excellent bonus for us and the location is great. Just a little past the dells downtown were it is nice and quiet but close enough were you aren't far from all the activities. We will be staying here again!

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (215)
  • Polish first
La Crosse, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2014

My favorite Wisconsin dells hotel. Clean, quiet, friendly, and affordable. This is a retro motel but with all the amenities necessary for today's travelers. This is a place for all generations. I'm so happy I found it several years ago. I will continue to go back.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014

We have been going to the Blackhawk since a friend of ours recommended it to us 20 years ago.
The Blackhawk always has the best staff! The rooms are not fancy, but very clean. Pools are well kept.
Thank you Blackhawk, for your many years of service and enjoyment!

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2014

Initially I did not want to stay here and was searching for the Kalahari/Wilderness-- so HAPPY I decided to stay here, not only did we get free waterpark passes and an awesome room...every worker I encountered was SO friendly. We stayed in a whirpool/kitchenette room and it was actually a stand alone unit which was even more than I could have hoped for. You can't find another place for the same quality and money in the dells! Only negative- horrible internet reception.

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2014 via mobile

I loved this place! It has such a home-y feeling to it, and it was really relaxing. We had a 10 minute walk from the downtown area so that was convenient. I liked how they gave passes to Chula Vista and Noah's ark. You never get bored because you can go to either water park, or you can enjoy the heated pools there at the hotel. I did not want to go back home on the day of check out, I can't wait to come back!

• Stayed August 2014
Royalton, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2014

We stayed here the end of July and loved this place. If you are looking for a clean comfortable place to stay this is the place for you. We went to the big parks during the day and came back in the evenings. There is a place to BBQ we had many families so it was not always convenient to go out to eat, this place was perfect. The owners were so nice, I would stay here again for sure. Its only a few blocks from downtown we walked there 2 times.

Room Tip: They have many room options of families of 4 to families of 10! Perfect place for families who don...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Ripon, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2014

I've never stayed in the Dells much over the years because I couldn't find a place I thought provided good value. I read all of the reviews here on TA and couldn't find a bad one. I called them up late one morning; they had one room left and gave it to me at a discount. Talk about getting off on the right foot! I've stayed at many motels over the years and I think a lot of people expect 5-star hotel-type accomodations when checking it at a motel. You won't find that here. You'll find clean rooms, good beds, and a pretty good crowd of people. When my wife proclaims a room clean, you'd better believe it! The pools and hot tubs were great and we had a good time. I'm hooked!

Room Tip: Be sure to go to the website and check out the rooms. They have quite a selection.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Been to Black Hawk Motel? Share your experiences!