“A definite favorite in the dells” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Black Hawk Motel

You added Black Hawk Motel to your Saves list
Black Hawk Motel
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   720 Race Street, P.O. Box 15, Wisconsin Dells, WI 53965   |
Special Deal
FREE DUAL WATERPARKS!
Ranked #1 of 73 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
“A definite favorite in the dells”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014 via mobile

I have been to the dells many times with my family, extended family, and family friends multiple times while growing up and mostly stayed at big motels with water parks, and this was my first time coming with my own family.

My husband and I brought our 3 girls (6 year old and two 2 year olds) and was nervous because I relied on all the reviews on tripadvisor, and I am SO GLAD I did so. The staff (office and cleaners) were very friendly and the ENTIRE place was extremely clean. They placed us in room 48 or 49 (I think) at the end in the corner and also 71, also end and corner. Which was awesome because we have 3 kids and they are loud I did not want to disturb any more other guest than I had to. We had 2 different rooms because I booked it two days before, and there was no problem, they even offered to move our luggage so we could enjoy the day with FREE included waterpark passes at chula vista and Noah's ark.

Black hawk motel has a lot to offer and it's in the perfect area, very close to the gas station, grocery store, park with great playground, and 10 minute walk (which took us about 45 minutes because the area is beautiful) to downtown dells.

The playground at the motel is separated into 4 sections and was very clean, up to date, and they have rubber chips, not woodchips on the ground which was another plus!.. the pools were clean.. bathroom was very clean, kitchenette was clean and appliances included were clean.. with 3 young children I look for cleanliness and this place absolutely exceeded my expectations in every way.

I am so glad I found a great place my whole family loves. We are definitely coming every summer.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Carleen M

Ottumwa, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

We stayed here - me, my husband, my 20 year old son, his girlfriend and my two daughters. We had plenty of room. Very nice and clean! We was very impressed. We stayed in #70- it was like your own little house. Plus there was even a grill and play area outside. In the main part there was the indoor and outdoor pools and hot tubs. There is even an arcade with a pool table and juke box! Pretty neat! On top of that the front desk staff were very friendly and we got free water park passes!! We will definitely stay again!

Room Tip: I don't know about the others but #70 was like your own separate house!
Winnipeg
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

Very nice little motel! Clean and spacious rooms. Great service. Our only issue was the wifi was a bit wonky. Our kids loved the retro arcade games and the pools.We arrived really early (10:30 a.m.) and our room was ready along with our free water park passes.

• 4 of 5 stars
      Sleep Quality
    • 4 of 5 stars
1 Thank KathyWinnipeg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

I had read the reviews and thought it was time to give Blackhawk a try. Loved the retro atmosphere, but the professionalism was first rate. Everything is clean and perfect. Pools and grounds are well-maintained. Passes to the water parks were wonderful and we used both. I don't have a single complaint. Don't think twice about Blackhawk. If you need a bargain family hotel with option for famous water parks--look no further.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Anne W
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

My wife and have stayed here several times over the past six years and we always find the accommodations reliably clean and comfortable. There are numerous types of rooms to choose from depending on your needs and preferences. The hotel is conveniently located near the attractions and downtown Dells. The price is reasonable and includes a pass to a couple of water parks. They also have both an indoor and an outdoor pool.
This family owned hotel is our "go to" place to stay when we go to The Dells and this year we brought family along to share this great find. We'll be back and so will they.

Room Tip: We like the rooms with a kitchenette so you don't have to eat out all the time. We also like the...
      Sleep Quality
2 Thank DinChicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

We have stayed at the black hawk many many times over the years. We visit at least once a summer and often numerous times through out the year. Black hawk is our prefered accommodations. We have stayed at the wilderness, hotel Rome, diamond, flamingo and various motels in the dells. Black hawk beats them all. So clean, so friendly, so comfy, so convienent! My only complaint this trip is our once secrect awesome spot is filled every weekend we attempt to reserve! Everyone now knows how great they are and are a very in demand spot! Good for them as a business but sucky for us because we know anything else will disappoint. Black hawk has set the bar so high that even the high end resorts can't compare.

• Stayed July 2014
      Cleanliness
2 Thank DellsandDisney4me
Marinette, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

The stay was absolutely perfect from check-in to check-out! First off, I was very happy that I was treated with respect even though I am a college student as many hotels frown upon people my age staying at their establishment. I went with a few of my friends from college and had a blast. We were pleasantly surprised with how nice our room was. An especially nice perk was having two sinks and two mirrors as it gets a little hectic with four girls getting ready in the morning. The tickets to both Chula Vista and Noah's Ark were just the cherry on top. The only complaint I had was there was some strange goop on one of the bedspreads in room 27; But in the grand scheme of things, that was just a little thing and didn't inconvenience us in any way. I will definitely be returning!!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends