“Wonderful Experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Black Hawk Motel

You added Black Hawk Motel to your Saves list
Black Hawk Motel
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   720 Race Street, P.O. Box 15, Wisconsin Dells, WI 53965   |
Ranked #1 of 80 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
“Wonderful Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

Anyone that knows me knows that I am very picky about where I stay. I decided to give this motel a chance since the rating was so high. Especially having a high rating for being clean. Let me tell you, the rating was right on the mark. This place was CLEAN!! I am somewhat OCD about cleanliness and I was very impressed. My kids LOVED the heated pool and the customer service is Outstanding. We also received Chula Vista and Noah's Ark water park passes free for staying. We did use them and it was so nice to go to a couple of places that we have never been to and didn't have to pay to try them. I would very much recommend this motel to anyone!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (215)
  • Polish first
Plainfield, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

Once again, the Black Hawk Motel was wonderful. The room was clean, the staff and owners are friendly and helpful. And you can't beat the value! We've been coming to the Dells for many years and we've stayed at several other motels and at the big resorts. Now we don't stay anywhere except the Black Hawk Motel - it is perfect!

Shiocton, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

This was a last minute decision to stay overnight as I was looking for discount tickets to Noah's Ark the night before we planned to leave for the Dells. I was extrememely happy with the service we received upon calling and reserving to check out. I was impressed with how clean the room was and all the ammenities this little "mom and pop" motel has to offer. It is conveniently located by downtown dells, no two night minimum and free tickets to both Chula Vista and Noah's Ark for every member staying in your room. It was a deal I couldn't pass up especially at the prices for their rooms! We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Rice Lake, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

I don't write reviews any where I stay, but I have to for this one. This place is great the rooms every thing was clean the workers and the owners are so friendly. My mom and step dad came to Wisconsin Dells for the first time they loved the motel and said they would come again. My husband I and my two kid's have been coming to the Dells for the past 5 years and for the first time stayed at this motel, now we are going to stay here from now on.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

A last minute change of plans left is with a night to fill at the Dells. I read the great reviews of the Black Hawk & was also thrilled there was no 2 night minimum this weekend. The room was nice. The heated pool areas and playground were great for our kids. Noah's ark and Chula Vista passes included as well. Plus we could easily walk into downtown to eat. Staff is friendly and easily accessible if needed. Can't wait to stay here again next summer.

Stayed July 2014
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

Just spent 4 days in the Wisconsin Dells and we stayed at the Black Hawk Motel. This place is great! The rooms were clean and parking is no problem. You are assigned a parking space right in front of your room. The indoor and outdoor pools were a short walk from our room and always clean. They provide free Wifi and now have coffee makers in each room. Can't beat the price for its location.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Marshfield, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

First time reviewer here. I've read a lot of reviews, but selfishly I have never taken the time to leave my comments (positive or negative) for future travelers to use. Since I read several reviews on Trip Advisor for hotels/motels/resorts in the Dells Area before choosing the Blackhawk for our recent last minute get away, I decided this time I would spend a couple minutes in hopes of helping someone else out like those reviews helped me.

First, I am a single father of a 7 year old son. I have a decent job, but I don't make a ton of "extra" money. We had a rather disappointing 4th of July so I wanted to try to make it up to him with a last minute get away to the Dells. Seeing the weather for the weekend was sketchy, I was fortunate enough to get a couple vacation days on short notice so we could enjoy a TH - S trip. I read a lot of reviews online early last week. Many at comparable other places were positive so I did not make this choice lightly or without comparison. After going back and forth, I finally booked our stay at Blackhawk in a Queen "budget" room, room 50 to be exact. Because my son is still small enough, the single bed was not an issue for us and I figured the savings could be put towards taking in another attraction or two. The offer of the two different waterpark passes was also a plus. I LOVE the fact that they offered Chula Vista which has an indoor park in case of bad weather. The last thing I wanted was to come down and not be able to use the Noah's Ark passes comfortably.

We arrived early on Thursday and picked up our Noah's Ark wristbands and paid for the room at that time (not a requirement though). When we got back to check in around 5, I literally had my room key, motel map, and coupon books in 1 minute. Again we had a "budget" room and I did not expect anything fancy. What I found, though not fancy, was immaculate. The room was smaller, but I knew that going into this. And in all honesty if was plenty big for what my son and I needed. I loved the fact that it had the mini fridge and microwave so we could keep and reheat some Rocky's. And I had read about the DVD player so I packed a couple of his favorite shows in case he needed some downtime (which he did!). The bathroom was small, but again, I did not expect anything larger. And it WAS CLEAN. The bed was comfortable and linens were clean. The TV was a newer flat screen. I loved the parking right outside the room. It made loading and unloading so much easier. And I could even leave things in the car that I was not sure I would need and still have easy access to them.

The pools were clean and comfortable. I have read some reviews about water temperature and chlorine levels. I guess in my opinion you can never please everyone. I know my son said his eyes were a little sore on Saturday, but after 3 days in waterparks and hours of time in the motel pools, whose eyes wouldn't be a little sore? Overall I was pleased with the indoor/outdoor option and I enjoyed the sauna while the boy loved the retro arcade games. Yes, some games were not working, but most are 30+ years old and I am sure have glitches from time to time. It was just nice to be able to plug a few quarters in and have him be able to have some cheap entertainment for a little while.

During our two days and three nights, I spoke to three different people at the front desk. Every single one was courteous and outgoing. The cleaning staff was accommodating. On Friday, we wanted to get into our room and they were just finishing turning over the one next door. I asked the gals if they could just replace our towels and make the bed up since the room did not need any more than that. They kindly did just that and we were able to get in a few minutes sooner so we could rest up a little.

I think the best compliment I can give is that I was already online Saturday night when we got home checking rates and availability for a possible August return. We got an AWESOME value for what we paid. If you want four or five star quality, stay elsewhere. But, if you want a clean, family oriented value, this is your place. I can't promise we'll be back to the Dells this summer, but I can promise we will be back. And when we are we will be staying at this motel. Thanks to the staff and ownership for giving us just what we needed and expected and continued success to you in the future.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Been to Black Hawk Motel? Share your experiences!