When we decided to visit Wisconsin Dells, I checked TripAdvisor - and was so glad I did! The Black Hawk Motel, highly praised for cleanliness and old-fashioned service, was our choice because of the reviews on this site, and we had an even more excellent vacation because of it.
We stayed in a queen whirlpool suite, which turned out to be one of a row of small freestanding cinderblock rooms. Having a tiny yet well equipped kitchen made the room an excellent bargain, as we were able to save by having some of our meals at "home." Recently replaced mattresses, while not luxurious, were comfortable, and linens were clean and fresh. On days that we had a "do not disturb" sign out, we received a call in the afternoon asking if we wanted the room serviced, extra towels, or anything else. We haven't received that level of personalized service except at 4 & 5 star hotels with club or concierge service.
Although definitely not luxury class, the cleanliness and friendliness more than make the Black Hawk an excellent place to enjoy the Wisconsin Dells.
- Also Known As:
- Black Hawk Hotel Wisconsin Dells
- Black Hawk Hotel
- Black Hawk Wisconsin Dells
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sealy Encore Plush Beds in all rooms! Choose from 30 different room types, from family to budget, cottages, jacuzzi suites, kitchenettes and two bedroom units. All rooms include Free High Speed Wireless, Fridge, Microwave, DVD/CD player and Reserved parking at your door. Indoor and Outdoor Heated Pools with slides and diving board. Centerally located just 4 blocks from downtown, attraction packages, 24 hour casino shuttle. Family Owned and Operated Since 1945! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Tingo and Otel so you can book your Black Hawk Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.