Me and two friends went to the Dells for my bachelorette party over night trip. We booked at Black Hawk based on the excellent reviews and the fact that they had the option of three separate beds. I was not expecting too much since the exterior seems a bit dated when you first pull in, however I sure was surprised! When I checked in, we received a complimentary splash pass (we had been driving around the dells all afternoon looking for a place to purchase one) The gentleman who checked me in was very friendly. He called me by name and even recommended a taxi service when I mentioned we were in town to drink and didn't want to drive. He handed me my room key and I was off to my room. Upon walking into my room, I noticed how nicely done the updates to the room were. If I had any complaints about the room at all, it would be that it could use an extra mirror. (three girls prepping for a night out and only two mirrors was a challenge, but not a deal breaker, ha) The bathroom had excellent tile work that I noticed right away, plenty of clean towels as well! Me and the ladies decided we would check out the indoor pool across the driveway from our room, and we were very impressed. Another awesome shower, a sauna, hot tub spa, and a decent sized indoor pool were located in the building and also a 80's themed arcade with all working machines! Outside was a very clean safe looking play set that my three year old son would have loved! (had he been there) We went for a quick swim, and set back to our room to prep for our night on the town. Although we could have walked downtown (only a few blocks away) we called the taxi service recommended at check in and he arrived at the hotel within minutes. We would have walked if the weather was a bit better, but what do you expect in WI in April? The night out was great, but the night sleep I got on the bed was out of this world! The beds they have are nicer than any hotel/motel I have ever stayed at. We awoke in the morning with plenty of time for a quick swim. We returned to our room, got our stuff together and I went to check out, The gentleman behind the counter must have been the owner and same man from the day before, because when I walked in He called me by name and asked me how our night out was. Very Very Friendly! I was very pleased with my stay! This is by far the best budget motel I have ever stayed at, and I am looking forward to returning in the summer time!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sealy Encore Plush Beds in all rooms! Choose from 30 different room types, from family to budget, cottages, jacuzzi suites, kitchenettes and two bedroom units. All rooms include Free High Speed Wireless, Fridge, Microwave, DVD/CD player and Reserved parking at your door. Indoor and Outdoor Heated Pools with slides and diving board. Centerally located just 4 blocks from downtown, attraction packages, 24 hour casino shuttle. Family Owned and Operated Since 1945! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Odigeo, Travelocity and Tingo so you can book your Black Hawk Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Black Hawk Hotel Wisconsin Dells
- Black Hawk Wisconsin Dells