In a scurry , I bring up my trip advisor app and start calling hotels close to me based on rating. I am always looking for a Jacuzzi suite with easy access to outside to smoke. Called here based on rating not really paying a lot of attention, as soon as I heard a room with a Jacuzzi and three queen beds I booked just on the novelty. I am glad I did. On a 15 day trip this was the best value and best time we had. I am so not a motel a person, but this has totally skewed my opinion of small motels and can only hope I stumble upon more gems like this one.
The complex is rather large with most units surrounding a common area with indoor/outdoor pool, sauna, whirlpool, laundry room, playground and brick grill. Most rooms had lawn chairs outside. Love that. We stayed just past this area in a quiet little nook with private detached cottages. Parking directly in front of room. In room 68. With a real key...
Our area only had a few units and another playground and brick grill for use. Our room itself was great. Huge Jacuzzi, fridge, micro sink area, loveseat coffee and end table and one queen bed in the front room. This bed a mirrored ceiling !!!! Mirrors around Jacuzzi as well.
In the back was a bedroom with two queen beds, area to hang clothes. air conditioning and tv. Bed were comfortable and the air was cool.
The only thing I didn't like was the small bathroom and that the sink was outside the bathroom with no counter space. Not very good water pressure but had plenty of hot water.
The game room is crazy large, pools were clean. We did do laundry here and its just not a washer/dryer in a corner but a rather large comfortable room with 2 washer/dryers seating area and tv. I loved the grills for traveler use.
This is like a campground, the folks we ran into grilling were sociable and it felt natural to strike up a conversation, won't get that at a Hampton Inn.
It is walking distance to older end of strip but it is a couple blocks away. If you have smaller kids it may be a little long. We walked after dark to dinner and felt completely safe.
This motel deserves it ratings and I wish them much success.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sealy Encore Plush Beds in all rooms! Choose from 30 different room types, from family to budget, cottages, jacuzzi suites, kitchenettes and two bedroom units. All rooms include Free High Speed Wireless, Fridge, Microwave, DVD/CD player and Reserved parking at your door. Indoor and Outdoor Heated Pools with slides and diving board. Centerally located just 4 blocks from downtown, attraction packages, 24 hour casino shuttle. Family Owned and Operated Since 1945! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Black Hawk Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Black Hawk Hotel Wisconsin Dells
- Black Hawk Wisconsin Dells