I researced just about every single lodging option in the Dells before booking 3 nights at the Blackhawk Motel. My wife and I and 3 kids (7, 5 and 3) were looking to get away for a few days and simply wanted a nice to place to stay and enjoy ourselves. I've never been a fan of the huge resorts in the Dells and in fact I've always supported the 'under dogs' in just about everything. I personally feel that some of these huge resorts have somewhat taken some of the magic away from what was the Dells just a decade or so ago. One of these mega resorts seems to be buying up all the motels and turning them into their own personal 'off site' lodging options to the main resort. Quite honestly they are ruining the Dells in my opinion. The Blackhawk Motel doesn't have a thing to worry about fortunately. This is one of those places that just does it right. From the friendly and helpful staff to the super clean (and in our case newly remodeled) rooms to the immaculate grounds and pools these people just know what's important.
We stayed in room #21 which as I said was recently remodeled. I was surprised that the remodel job was really done well. There were no cheap vinyl floors as they installed beautiful ceramic tile in the entry as well as in the bath area. The walls were perfect and even the paint job was done very well. The cleanliness of the room was very suprising. Although I read reviews that the rooms were clean I never imagined that they were THAT clean. You just don't find people that care as much as they do here.
We did use the pools (mostly the indoor) several times. The water outside was a little cold for me but the indoor pool was like bath water. Our kids had an absolute blast swimming and quite honestly we really never needed to leave the motel (we did of course) because the kids were content there. We played a few games in the cool retro feeling game room and used the playgound a bit as well. Once again all of these amenities were perfect.
We will certainly be back to the Blackhawk. It feels like home when you are there!
- Also Known As:
- Black Hawk Hotel Wisconsin Dells
- Black Hawk Hotel
- Black Hawk Wisconsin Dells
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sealy Encore Plush Beds in all rooms! Choose from 30 different room types, from family to budget, cottages, jacuzzi suites, kitchenettes and two bedroom units. All rooms include Free High Speed Wireless, Fridge, Microwave, DVD/CD player and Reserved parking at your door. Indoor and Outdoor Heated Pools with slides and diving board. Centerally located just 4 blocks from downtown, attraction packages, 24 hour casino shuttle. Family Owned and Operated Since 1945! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Tingo, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Venere, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your Black Hawk Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.