“Scared for my life” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Diamond Hotel

Save Saved
You added Diamond Hotel to your Saves list
Diamond Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1630 Wisconsin Dells Parkway, Wisconsin Dells, WI 53965   |
Ranked #73 of 78 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Chicago, Illinois
“Scared for my life”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

Before you read:
This hotel is so bad, that I had to create an account on here and tell about my experience here. This is from the eyes of a 16 year old boy.

We stayed at this "Hotel" from July 22-24. My family and I did not read the reviews before coming here (if you've stayed here before, that should be obvious to you). When we got here to check in, the lady behind the desk started going through the check in process like usual. She didn't speak English the best, but we managed to get through this. When we got our room, we proceeded to go check it out and see what we'd be living in for the next two nights. As it would turn out, we got the wrong room. Twice. Now as for the pool, if you love swimming in filth, jump right in! Let's fast forward now to my 2nd night here, which just so happens to be tonight. People next door keep banging on the walls, I can't sleep because I'm afraid for my safety. There were people outside who kind of looked suspicious. Some of the people here looked like they were on some hardcore drugs. My dad even told us to bring our stuff with us when we went to Noah's Ark because he just did not trust these people. I don't blame him. I can't wait to get out of this place. This place is nasty and I had to make sure our door was completely locked all the way because I'm actually scared for my life here.
I urge you to not come here. There is nothing good about this place and the whole time I've been here I've had a feeling of uneasiness. Even if every other place is booked, do not stay here. This place needs to be closed down and reported immediately.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Eldridge, Iowa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

We stayed there July 11th - 13th, 2014 weekend. We reserved two nights and we were charged for three and I'm still waiting for my refund. The WIFI was shotty but that wasn't the worst part. We walked into the room, it had never been vacuumed, the shower had long black hairs and the mirrors were dirty. I had them come clean the room. Later that night (as we were disinfecting the room), we pulled back the covers and there were more long black hairs. I had to call again, for them to change the sheets! We ended up going to Walmart to buy bedding and towels. The towel had blood stains on them and there were crickets in the room on the second floor. Unfortunately they have a 72 hour cancellation policy, so I was not able to move to another hotel. This hotel is NOT worth $180 they charge and they are NOT worth a "STAR".

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Hillside
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

My family and I stayed at this hotel for the 4th of July weekend. We reserved 3 rooms and first of all they had told us that two of the rooms were going to connect with eachother and when we got there they didn't! The service was horrible! We have been going to the dells for like 5 or 6 consecutive years and this was the worst place we have stayed in. The people were rude and the rooms were not clean. The bathrooms had no toilet paper and out of the two nights and three days we stayed there the room service did not clean the room at all! My mom had to go to walgreens to buy Lysol and Clorox wipes to clean! To top it off the wifi sucked!! We were not able to connect not even once!! Also the TVs in two of the rooms did not work at all and after we complained at the front desk they said they were gonna go check it out and they never did! Also the rooms smelled disgusting when we got there and the AC was horrible! The outside areas are also in bad condition the tables are falling apart and the "volley ball" court is totally unusable!! There's like a hole almost in the middle and the grass "if you can even call that grass" was not cut! One of the rooms had a HOLE on the wall! The bathroom wall!! Definitely this place was so not worth our money!!! We had always stayed at pine dell motel and we loved it but mt. Olympus bought it so we switched but not even if this is the last non-bought hotel we aren't staying here ever agai! Also their page says heated inside and outside pools? Lies!!! One of the pools was even empty and the outside pool all dirty! Please don't keep giving these people money! I wish I would of checked this reviews before!! :,(

• Stayed July 2014
Sylt, Germany
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

We have been there last November. There were many Hotels closed and we went to the Diamond Hotel. WIFI was important for me, because my family un Europe need to get contact to me, as my old father was very ill.
So first i asked for WIFI. The Mangaer "Paul" promised that, but in reality, they had no Wifi. After 1 hourm paul always told me, he was fixing it,I checked out and wanted my money back. "Paul" told me, he had given the money to the owner. Sure that was a round lie.
His promise to send me the money to my US-adress. Sure he did not!
By the way, he did not want CC, only cash and put the money in his private wallet.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

My family and I stayed at the Diamond Hotel last month and we reserved 3 rooms. My room was DISGUSTING! You could tell no one bothered to clean it up before check in. My room had no phone for room service, no toilet paper, and no soap. My girlfriend was so disgusted, she went to Walgreens to buy Lysol wipes and clean our room before we took our clothing out. I called front desk with my cell phone and the manager apologized for not having toilet paper and soap. I went to check out my brother's room and their door was messed up. They had to lift the door and pull hard in order for the door to close.
We left and came back later that night, and we were about to go to bed, then we saw the sheets. They were filthy with hair and all other kinds of things in it! Again, I called the manager, and he came and apologized and gave us new sheets for us to change for the bed.
Our AC was filled with dust, we could'nt use it during my stay, because my girlfriend is an asthmatic.
DO NOT STAY HERE! NOT WORTH IT!!!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Minneapolis, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014 via mobile

Avoid at all cost. All the negative reviews on here are real. We read them a bit too late. In addition to what others are saying, our bed sheets and towels are stained with blood. It looks like an underground fight club. Paul was rude, didn't care about our concern. Let's keep this hotel out of business. It needs leveling with the ground, fixing it would be too much.

• Stayed June 2014
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014 via mobile

I just went to the Dells this weekend and spent 2 nights here with my family. We had a group of 7 people a total of 3 rooms. My in-law's room had their own room and their water pressure was scorching hot! There was no cold water to shower with. My brother-in-law's room had a broken door. It would not close unless you lifted it up in order for it to lock. My room was the worst! There was no trash can, toilet paper, soap in any of the dispensers, or phone in the room. I called up the front desk twice from my cell phone in order to get service. The beds were filthy and who ever "cleaned" did a good job hiding their mess very well. The sheets and blankets were covered in long hair strands. I bought some cleaning supplies to wipe down the entire room. I was completely grossed out! I am an asthmatic and was so disgusted with the amount of dust, cobwebs and dirt on the rug and bathroom floors. To top it all off, the AC's filter was hanging out filled with dust and broken. I took it out to fix it but when I tried to put it back it cracked. I called the manager up and had to tell him everything and he said none of his cleaning crew showed up and will try to get the rooms cleaned as soon as he could. Overall, aside from the attractions I would not want to go back!

• Stayed June 2014

Been to Diamond Hotel? Share your experiences!