We planned to stay at the Diamond Hotel for Auto Motion 2013 & booked 6 rooms in advance. The rooms were just adequate & ours even had a mini fridge. BUT....there were a few things that made us cringe & ultimately leave early getting no refund.
-Male ejaculate spot on couch
-Tiny bug on the pillow! (bed bug, tick?)
- Eyelash on the clean? pillow case
- Orange spots all over the extra pillowcase
- Black fuzz all inside the clean? sheets
- No parking. Literally, no spots & no space on the grass. Yes, this was Auto Motion, but we had 6 booked rooms & not 1 spot to park in. Our only option was to leave expensive race cars in some other lot & walk back. No thank you.
But would you want to leave your car in a lot where beer bottles are being flung from the balconies & burnouts are being done in the parking lot, shopping carts being zip tied on top of cars & the drunken screams go on throughout the night? Spring break in steroids-and the fun kind of spring break. Oh, and the walls are paper thin.
We read the poor reviews & thought it would just be a cheap hotel in a good location. We left unable to park, forfeiting our money. What a waste.
No refund or partial refund. No concessions made.
GO SOMEWHERE ELSE! We all warned you!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the Waterpark Capital of the World, the Diamond Hotel is directly across the street from the Mount Olympus Theme and Waterpark, tickets included Memorial Day through Labor Day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Diamond Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.