“Neatly tucked away and relaxing!!” 4 of 5 stars

920 Canyon Rd., Wisconsin Dells, WI 53965   |
Ranked #25 of 78 hotels in Wisconsin Dells
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Aurora, Illinois
“Neatly tucked away and relaxing!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

A really nice adult retreat! The kids/families can have the water parks!! Here you feel pampered and tranquil. The property is fantastic, surrounded by trees/forest and a golf course. It was a great walk about the property...the rooms were real nice too. The pool was fantastic too - we had lunch out by the pool.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

286 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

A group of my girlfriends and I met at the spa for a day spa experience. Several in the group had been to the spa for overnight visits in the past and had talked up the experience as a fantastic luxury experience. So my expectations were high going in. However, nothing really came close to meting them. I had scheduled their day spa package plus an add on manicure.

The massage was nice, but not great. The masseuse was respectful and considered requests. The treatment room, however, was trying too hard. The music and the waterfall and the overwhelming scents and sheet texture and everything, while trying to be relaxing, ended up at sensory overload.

The facial technician was more going through the motions than making it an experience or even asking questions if i was ok with the scent/pressure/products. At the end of the session, she left me with a 1/4 inch of lip product, with no instructions for how or when or if to remove it, for example.

The mini/pedi were average, the pedi was better than the manicure. I had indicated to the technician that I was trying to grow my nails out, but she cut them to match the shortest on my hands. By the time I realized what was happening, it was too late. The pedicure was nice, but no better that what I get at my local salon, and for nearly twice the price, I would have expected the extra mile.

The pool was nice, but small. If I had been there on a warmer day, it would have been overcrowded. I am tall, so lounge chairs are almost never comfortable, but these were worse than average.

The ritual was nice, but I couldn't breath in the steam room for the over abundance of eucalyptus oil in the air. The cold plunge pool for after the hot tub is set to 72, my local lap pool is cooler than that and while it felt cool on the initial plunge, it shortly felt warm. I did enjoy the sand scrub, and even purchased a container on the way out.

I know it is a resort in a tourist trap, but even with that expectation, I found things overpriced for the level of service and quality. 8$ for a smoothie, 14$ for an appetizer, and the alcoholic drinks were astronomical.

I take luxury cruises every other year (Cunard, Seabourn, others) and was expecting a similar experience for the price and the hype. After tip and a product purchase, it was over 500$ for the day, without even staying at the hotel. In the future, I will be spending my money elsewhere.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We travel to different vacation destinations 2 -3 times each year. Most of our lodging is with our Club Wyndham or RCI timeshares. They are nice, but we have really never found a place that was so perfect we wanted to go back. Our quest is over. We stayed in the 2-br Wyndham Presidential cottages at Sundara Spa. Everything was perfect. Incredible. The best ever. Heaven. Peaceful. Elegant. Restful. Go to the spa. Pricey but superb!

Room Tip: Lots of options, depending on whether you want action near water parks or peace near the spa.
Green Features: As with all timeshares, we receive towel with a no exchange policy. You wash at your convenience in the condo.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Appleton, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Returning visit with a girlfriend July 10th was as wonderful as the 1st visit. Our day was quit booked with being pampered. After our 2 hour drive the day would start off with entering the shower, sauna and bath area this area helps to get your body/mind ready your spa day...

Before we headed to our 80 minute Seasonal Body Polish and Massage we had to nab some Jaggery Tea that they serve in the "quiet area"....love it !! I still have not mastered the same great flavor as Sundara :(
With my body polish I requested a deep tissue massage (first one) And probable would not request a deep tissue any time in the near future...But Mel adjusted the massage so I was more comfortable. Usually I don't chat through a massage but I took in lots of knowledge about different types of services that are offer at Sundara (my girlfriend always books so have never looked at the menu) Mel has been with Sundara for years . Would defiantly recommend Mel for anyone wanting a "deep tissue massage" he would be your man...

Meet out in the "quite area again waiting for our next service...which would be a 35 minute Purely Organic Facial.... The product they use "Ama la" love it . I have no idea how a facial can be sooooooo relaxing compared to a full body massage. But Heather in that 35 minutes that I was in your hands, my mind found that perfect place...until you told me I was done...but all good things must come to an end.....I could of slept like a baby...WONDERFUL !!!

Finishing up with our 2nd service we headed to the outside pool area. With being pampered for
2 1/2 hours our bellies were pretty darn hungry. I love going with my girlfriend to restaurants ...she had 5 older brother living at home as a young girl .....she had to fight for her food...LOL Between the 2 of us we have 5 different plates....and can you say yummy and very full ...

After relaxing for 1 1/2 hours outside by the lovely pool area ( weather was perfect) it was time to get our 50 minute Seasonally Organic Pedicure... Lori made my feet and toes .......so pretty and feeling great.

We were only home for a few days when I called up my friend and said "we need to book our next spa day"....So I looked at the menu this time....OMYGOSH what to choose.

Took on the challenge of choosing... and this will be our next service.....

New! Marma Meditation Facial
80 Min.
This service incorporates our “Sundara Sleep Experience” into the facial by adding a feather bed to the table and wrapping your feet in a blanket of warmth. The skin is cleansed, exfoliated and nourished using organic products. You're treated to a massage of the feet, legs, hands and arms and once the facial is complete, the insomnia relief process begins. Marma points will be activated along the neck, jaw line, face and forehead, by using essential oils to induce relaxation and reduce tension. Your therapist will then slip out of the room leaving you time for rest, sleep, or personal meditation. You'll be awakened by the gentle sound of tingsha bells.

We will be receiving this in the first week of August .....very much looking forward to this !!

Almost looking forward to winter...I said almost.. I WILL be getting "The Ultimate Chocolate Experience" . This is under the bath treatments.

Thanks again Sundara.....for pampering us...

DC

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Sarnia, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

My wife wanted to take a babymoon and had been here before. I had never stayed at a spa before and was apprehensive when they made me sign an agreement to keep silent in common areas of the spa. But now I'm a believer. After a massage or two and the cleansing circuit I've never felt better. Nice big rooms, friendly staff and a great location in the woods has me looking forward to my next trip back here. It might be a while though because they don't allow children.

Room Tip: rooms on the front have a screened in porch
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Sun Prairie, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

I spent all weekend here and it was just pure relaxation! They offer such wonderful options from products to spa services. Our room was amazing, and the scenery was exquisite! Everything they offer is pretty much natural and or organic as far as food and products go. It was an absolutely unforgettable experience! Prepare to spend lots of money though...

Green Features: For all the money we spend there I feel like a portion of it should go to some kind of benefit for wildlife. I'm sure there's a very good charitable program that Sundara could easily donate to. They can also sell natural products that donate some of their profits to benefit our environment.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
chicago, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

Spent one night and really enjoyed. Rooms are amazing. Pool area very small but not many guests at hotel. Very clean and great location. Perfect for jogging or walking. I would definitely
stay again. If you want a relaxing stay in the Dells, this is the place.

Green Features: No thoughts on this practice. I don't have any opinion.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo

Been to Sundara Inn and Spa? Share your experiences!