“Three course pampering ...” 4 of 5 stars

920 Canyon Rd., Wisconsin Dells, WI 53965   |
Ranked #27 of 80 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Appleton, Wisconsin
“Three course pampering ...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

Returning visit with a girlfriend July 10th was as wonderful as the 1st visit. Our day was quit booked with being pampered. After our 2 hour drive the day would start off with entering the shower, sauna and bath area this area helps to get your body/mind ready your spa day...

Before we headed to our 80 minute Seasonal Body Polish and Massage we had to nab some Jaggery Tea that they serve in the "quiet area"....love it !! I still have not mastered the same great flavor as Sundara :(
With my body polish I requested a deep tissue massage (first one) And probable would not request a deep tissue any time in the near future...But Mel adjusted the massage so I was more comfortable. Usually I don't chat through a massage but I took in lots of knowledge about different types of services that are offer at Sundara (my girlfriend always books so have never looked at the menu) Mel has been with Sundara for years . Would defiantly recommend Mel for anyone wanting a "deep tissue massage" he would be your man...

Meet out in the "quite area again waiting for our next service...which would be a 35 minute Purely Organic Facial.... The product they use "Ama la" love it . I have no idea how a facial can be sooooooo relaxing compared to a full body massage. But Heather in that 35 minutes that I was in your hands, my mind found that perfect place...until you told me I was done...but all good things must come to an end.....I could of slept like a baby...WONDERFUL !!!

Finishing up with our 2nd service we headed to the outside pool area. With being pampered for
2 1/2 hours our bellies were pretty darn hungry. I love going with my girlfriend to restaurants ...she had 5 older brother living at home as a young girl .....she had to fight for her food...LOL Between the 2 of us we have 5 different plates....and can you say yummy and very full ...

After relaxing for 1 1/2 hours outside by the lovely pool area ( weather was perfect) it was time to get our 50 minute Seasonally Organic Pedicure... Lori made my feet and toes .......so pretty and feeling great.

We were only home for a few days when I called up my friend and said "we need to book our next spa day"....So I looked at the menu this time....OMYGOSH what to choose.

Took on the challenge of choosing... and this will be our next service.....

New! Marma Meditation Facial
80 Min.
This service incorporates our “Sundara Sleep Experience” into the facial by adding a feather bed to the table and wrapping your feet in a blanket of warmth. The skin is cleansed, exfoliated and nourished using organic products. You're treated to a massage of the feet, legs, hands and arms and once the facial is complete, the insomnia relief process begins. Marma points will be activated along the neck, jaw line, face and forehead, by using essential oils to induce relaxation and reduce tension. Your therapist will then slip out of the room leaving you time for rest, sleep, or personal meditation. You'll be awakened by the gentle sound of tingsha bells.

We will be receiving this in the first week of August .....very much looking forward to this !!

Almost looking forward to winter...I said almost.. I WILL be getting "The Ultimate Chocolate Experience" . This is under the bath treatments.

Thanks again Sundara.....for pampering us...

DC

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Sarnia, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

My wife wanted to take a babymoon and had been here before. I had never stayed at a spa before and was apprehensive when they made me sign an agreement to keep silent in common areas of the spa. But now I'm a believer. After a massage or two and the cleansing circuit I've never felt better. Nice big rooms, friendly staff and a great location in the woods has me looking forward to my next trip back here. It might be a while though because they don't allow children.

Room Tip: rooms on the front have a screened in porch
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Sun Prairie, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

I spent all weekend here and it was just pure relaxation! They offer such wonderful options from products to spa services. Our room was amazing, and the scenery was exquisite! Everything they offer is pretty much natural and or organic as far as food and products go. It was an absolutely unforgettable experience! Prepare to spend lots of money though...

Green Features: For all the money we spend there I feel like a portion of it should go to some kind of benefit for wildlife. I'm sure there's a very good charitable program that Sundara could easily donate to. They can also sell natural products that donate some of their profits to benefit our environment.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
chicago, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

Spent one night and really enjoyed. Rooms are amazing. Pool area very small but not many guests at hotel. Very clean and great location. Perfect for jogging or walking. I would definitely
stay again. If you want a relaxing stay in the Dells, this is the place.

Green Features: No thoughts on this practice. I don't have any opinion.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
WI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

I booked a luxury suite at this hotel for a friend's bachelorette party. The whole party loved this place. The staff were friendly and answered any questions we had. The stay included unlimited use of the bath ritual. We had access to the bath ritual from 8 am when the spa opened, to 9pm when the spa closed. Breakfast was included, which was an extensive all you can eat buffet of breakfast items. Juice, water, coffee milk and tea were also included. Sundara is part of the Wilderness resort, so we had access and free shuttle to all of their water parks. We were allowed to bring our own food and drink into the room. We did not touch the mini fridge in the room since there was a seal on the fridge. If the seal was broken, you would be charged for the items in the fridge. The snacks on the counter were the same. If they were opened or missing, the resort charged the price to the room. We used a cooler to keep our food and beverages cold. The walls were sound proof. There were two floors to the luxury suite and two separate bathrooms. The bathroom was furnished by Kohler. A king size feather bed was on each floor, and there was a screened porch and sitting room with a fireplace. There was a huge whirlpool tub in the middle of the room on the first floor, with a curtain that could be pulled for privacy when using the bathroom. Plush robes and sandals were laid out for use during the length of our stay. There was complimentary turn down service. We had to ask the front desk for the kitchen to bring us ice. There were no ice machines. In the spa itself, everyone was provided with a scrub to apply and wash off with the shower they have in the spa. Then you go into a steam room to sweat our your toxins. After sweating, you take a cool shower to rinse off, then you go into the hot tub infused with aromatherapy oils, then into a cold plunge pool. Cool compresses were provided, along with towels, sandals, a locker and a robe. Swimsuits were required. The spa bath ritual was coed. After relaxing with the bath ritual, there was a quiet room that provided fruit, granola, lemon lime water, coffee and different kinds of tea. The pool was located right outside of the quiet room. An outdoor bar provided alcoholic beverages for extra charge right next to the pool. Overall we had a real relaxing girls night. I would love to stay here again.

Room Tip: Our suite was on the 3rd floor and very quiet.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

We stayed for our wedding anniversary. The room itself looked nice and relaxing. I was hoping for ice. There was no way to get ice at 10:00 pm after the kitchen closed. That is really bizarre to me. I did not like having to walk out of my room at 7:00 am and walk down in my robe from the third floor to get breakfast only served on the second floor. That also was bizarre. As far as the massage and body wrap, they were excellent. But I must say that the most disgusting thing to me which was a huge turn off was all the mildew everywhere. There was mildew in the shower area near the ceiling in our room. There was mildew under the water pillows in the whirlpool. There was mildew on the ceilings in the bath ritual room. There was mildew all over the steam room. There has to be a better way to clean the bath ritual areas at night when the guests are sleeping. There has to be better attention to the guest rooms when cleaning other than just spray and wipe down. it made me think about how clean other areas of the room and spa areas were not maintained. so, mixed reviews.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Saint Paul, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

We went for a girls weekend. 3 night stay. Definitely my only choice to stay at in the Dells! SO RELAXING! Loved the spa ritual which is included with your stay. The room was gorgeous. We had a king with a pull out bed. HUGE bathroom with jacuzzi tub and huge shower. Incredibly roomy, separate couch and 2 chair sitting area. Definitely a suite! DVD players in room, bring your own movies!! The screened in porch was heaven! Breakfast is included better than your average breakfast at hotels but not super fancy. Granola and fruit is set throughout the spa all day. Tea and infused waters are also readily available. The money is well worth it. The pool is gorgeous, fun to eat apps and have a drink at the pool's edge. Everyone wears a spa provided bathroom all weekend. You can make the trip extremely expensive or reasonable depending upon how many services you have done. Massages and facials are awesome. I would skip the manicure and pedicures, they seemed to be pretty ordinary. Free shuttle to their other property, Wilderness. The beds are very nice and comfortable, and nightly turn-down service is provided. I loved it, cannot wait to go back!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Sundara Inn and Spa? Share your experiences!