“Perfect Getaway!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Kenosha, Wisconsin
“Perfect Getaway!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

I try to visit here at least once a year because it never fails to melt months of stress away instantly. The last time I visited was last winter. I was sitting outside in the hot tub before heading to bed for the night, and it began snowing. It was a beautiful scene. The pine trees surrounding the area, and the fire pit nearby made for a very memorable moment. I'm counting down the days until I can return!

Room Tip: Even the cheapest rooms offered are wonderful and have the most relaxing massage shower.
Green Features: I like that this hotel is eco friendly, and has it's own garden to cook with fresh herbs. I especially enjoy the sand scrub made from the Dell's own sandstone. It's a wonderful product and smells amazing.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Madison
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

I can't believe it took me this long to get up to Sundara. A group friends have rented one of their villas for the last few years and this was the first year I was able to join in the fun. The villa was well appointed - full kitchen (that had EVERYTHING! I WANTED to cook on vacation!), king with an en suite, double queen room and a spacious sitting area with fire place. The bath ammenities at the villa were wonderful and the shower with multiple heads was a welcomed treat!

What REALLY made this trip fantastic is the staff and facilities at the main building. The Purifying Bath Ritual and outside hot tub were phenomenal. I don't think I've ever been so relaxed in my life.The staff were out of this world and before I left I wanted to come back. My girlfriends and I joked about "Sundara face" and "Sundara voice" - the effect of pure relaxation and happiness!

Thank you Rick and all of the Sundara team for making this trip absolutely perfect!

Room Tip: The villa very comfortably slept 6.
Madison
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

Terrific way to relax at Sundara! Rick Duarte, General Manager, is phenomenal and always takes the extra time and effort to make us feel welcome and comfortable! Highly recommend it. We go back every year with a group of women friends because we know the quality and service are top notch!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Villa with a group of 6 women.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

I have been so Sundara several times - my girlfriends and I love this place to get together, to catch up and recharge.

The staff is amazing! So helpful, great at suggesting options for spa services and handling little details like putting together a yoga class and suggesting a bike ride around Lake Delton. I had an amazing masseuse and a very knowledgable aesthetician for my services.

The best part is the QUIET. I live in downtown Chicago so I could choose any of dozens of luxury spa experiences. I make the trip to Sundara for walks on the grounds where I can only hear the leaves rustling, for the quiet in the spa areas and for the rejuvenating Purifying Bath Ritual.

It's an amazing experience.

Room Tip: If you have a group, stay in the villas.
Grayslake, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

I asked for my two daughters as a gift, instead of a silly party to get away overnight to Sundara together. My daughters have small children and one overnight is all they can do. What a luxury, as we were upgraded to a great room which we really enjoyed. From the moment we put on the Fluffy Sundara robes to the time we had to take them off and leave the next day, I was in heaven. The Pool was awesome in October, I had no idea how nice and warm the pool is kept, what a treat to enjoy a gorgeous fall day there. The Breakfast is very good and the spa experiences are the best I have ever had. We will make it a yearly trip for the three of us. One of the spa girls in the locker room, Deborah, could not have been more helpful. I came home refreshed and can't wait to go back. thank you Sundara, for the perfect getway!
Ms. Bundalo

Room Tip: all the rooms are luxurious, the pool view have screened in balconies, the regular overlook the wood...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
El Paso, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

Spending the day at Sundara is a unique experience. They are serious about not allowing electronics into the Spa area. It is meant to be relaxing and quiet- so plan to bring a book or to chill out with the magazines provided, or to just gaze at the beautiful grounds. A friend and I spent a whole day relaxing and enjoying the facilities. This includes their purifying bath ritual, quiet room, outdoor pool with standing fireplace and jacuzzi as well as the tranquility garden. We visited in October and found the spa very quiet with plenty of spaces for us to go off to talk quietly. We found the services provided to be exceptional with every employee taking time to make sure we felt care for. we found the food to be very good- better than other spas we've visited that emphasized health to the extent that their food was tasteless. The crab cakes and salmon BLT we enjoyed at lunch were flavorful and nicely presented.

The end of our day could have turned sour as we had forgotten gift certificates back in Illinois, but even that snag was handled with great diplomacy, and we left feeling totally rejuvenated. So, our suggestions to make your day exceptional- plan on no communication with the outside world for a day, bring your swimsuit regardless of the time of year, regardless of the number of spa services you elect to enjoy- spend the day, come during the week rather than the weekend. If that isn't possible at least avoid the holiday season.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

I put off checking out Sundara due to mixed reviews on tripadvisor: most people seem to love it; others find it loud and crowded. After finally spending three nights there with my wife this past week, I have to say that Sundara certainly lived up to all the great reviews though I can see how a few people would have negative experiences. The important thing to know about this place is that the common areas are fairly small, so if you're visiting during a time when the place is full I can see it quickly becoming crowded and loud. We went mid-week at the end of October and it was nothing but quiet and relaxing the entire time. The rooms were amazing (we stayed in a Plush Suite), the spa was great, customer service was excellent, room service was quite good, breakfast buffet was standard hotel breakfast, and the free car service to nearby restaurants was a nice touch. Also, the room rate was a great value - for what I got I would have expected it to be more expensive.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Sundara Inn and Spa? Share your experiences!