“Great way to relax and unwind at Sundara!” 5 of 5 stars

920 Canyon Rd., Wisconsin Dells, WI 53965   |
Ranked #28 of 78 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Madison
“Great way to relax and unwind at Sundara!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

Terrific way to relax at Sundara! Rick Duarte, General Manager, is phenomenal and always takes the extra time and effort to make us feel welcome and comfortable! Highly recommend it. We go back every year with a group of women friends because we know the quality and service are top notch!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Villa with a group of 6 women.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

I have been so Sundara several times - my girlfriends and I love this place to get together, to catch up and recharge.

The staff is amazing! So helpful, great at suggesting options for spa services and handling little details like putting together a yoga class and suggesting a bike ride around Lake Delton. I had an amazing masseuse and a very knowledgable aesthetician for my services.

The best part is the QUIET. I live in downtown Chicago so I could choose any of dozens of luxury spa experiences. I make the trip to Sundara for walks on the grounds where I can only hear the leaves rustling, for the quiet in the spa areas and for the rejuvenating Purifying Bath Ritual.

It's an amazing experience.

Room Tip: If you have a group, stay in the villas.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Grayslake, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

I asked for my two daughters as a gift, instead of a silly party to get away overnight to Sundara together. My daughters have small children and one overnight is all they can do. What a luxury, as we were upgraded to a great room which we really enjoyed. From the moment we put on the Fluffy Sundara robes to the time we had to take them off and leave the next day, I was in heaven. The Pool was awesome in October, I had no idea how nice and warm the pool is kept, what a treat to enjoy a gorgeous fall day there. The Breakfast is very good and the spa experiences are the best I have ever had. We will make it a yearly trip for the three of us. One of the spa girls in the locker room, Deborah, could not have been more helpful. I came home refreshed and can't wait to go back. thank you Sundara, for the perfect getway!
Ms. Bundalo

Room Tip: all the rooms are luxurious, the pool view have screened in balconies, the regular overlook the wood...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
El Paso, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

Spending the day at Sundara is a unique experience. They are serious about not allowing electronics into the Spa area. It is meant to be relaxing and quiet- so plan to bring a book or to chill out with the magazines provided, or to just gaze at the beautiful grounds. A friend and I spent a whole day relaxing and enjoying the facilities. This includes their purifying bath ritual, quiet room, outdoor pool with standing fireplace and jacuzzi as well as the tranquility garden. We visited in October and found the spa very quiet with plenty of spaces for us to go off to talk quietly. We found the services provided to be exceptional with every employee taking time to make sure we felt care for. we found the food to be very good- better than other spas we've visited that emphasized health to the extent that their food was tasteless. The crab cakes and salmon BLT we enjoyed at lunch were flavorful and nicely presented.

The end of our day could have turned sour as we had forgotten gift certificates back in Illinois, but even that snag was handled with great diplomacy, and we left feeling totally rejuvenated. So, our suggestions to make your day exceptional- plan on no communication with the outside world for a day, bring your swimsuit regardless of the time of year, regardless of the number of spa services you elect to enjoy- spend the day, come during the week rather than the weekend. If that isn't possible at least avoid the holiday season.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

I put off checking out Sundara due to mixed reviews on tripadvisor: most people seem to love it; others find it loud and crowded. After finally spending three nights there with my wife this past week, I have to say that Sundara certainly lived up to all the great reviews though I can see how a few people would have negative experiences. The important thing to know about this place is that the common areas are fairly small, so if you're visiting during a time when the place is full I can see it quickly becoming crowded and loud. We went mid-week at the end of October and it was nothing but quiet and relaxing the entire time. The rooms were amazing (we stayed in a Plush Suite), the spa was great, customer service was excellent, room service was quite good, breakfast buffet was standard hotel breakfast, and the free car service to nearby restaurants was a nice touch. Also, the room rate was a great value - for what I got I would have expected it to be more expensive.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Pleasant Prairi
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

I have stayed at Sundara for many years and I love the setting and amenties of the pool, pine trees, jacuzzi and atmosphere of being outdoors in all weather, just magical. Over the course of these stays, at least 1x per year, I have voiced concerns over the LOUD talking and LOUD people in the QUIET areas of this pricey spa. These people do not understand what a spa getaway is all about and are destroying the introspective soothing need to decrompress that brings people to a spa. If you want to drink and blather loudly, go to a water park where no one can hear you. Also, the rooms are not fully cleaned, they only cleaned 1/2 of myt room and it felt 1/2 done. The pillow was on the floor when I arrived??? Things are missed and missing in the room (like robes!!). They room service was good, the food was average, nothing spectacular. The breakfast is the same thing every day, and only so so. The spa services are average and due to the 20% tip pre-set, the people seem that they do not care to provide an excellent service. The massages are light and done 1/2 way. The staff seemed to be in a big rush to get you in and out and on to the next person, it was not relaxing at all. I am disappointed as I truly love the setting and pool area. I keep requesting a fix to the LOUD problem, but nothing is ever done. Sundara is a fabulous setting, with average amenities and services. It is a sad disappoitment to what could be a 5 star spa experience.

Room Tip: Room facing the woods.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Rogers, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

Wyndham has recently purchased some villas that are part of Sundara Inn and Spa. With a stay at one of the villas through Wyndham, you get free access to the spa and pool facilities at Sundara Inn and Spa. The massages are an extra fee. In addition, you get access to the Wilderness Resort Water Park that is about one mile away. The three bedroom villa (two bedroom unit with the attached lockout) that we stayed in was incredibly nice. It was very spacious with high quality amenities. It was a very quite location on one of the golf fairways. I enjoyed the spa facilities, with the many different showers, hot tubs, cold plunges and steam rooms. The aroma scents and mud/gravel rubs given complimentary were very invigorating..

Room Tip: The rooms are assigned at check-in. Some like the end units of the row of condos for more privacy.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to Sundara Inn and Spa? Share your experiences!