Spending the day at Sundara is a unique experience. They are serious about not allowing electronics into the Spa area. It is meant to be relaxing and quiet- so plan to bring a book or to chill out with the magazines provided, or to just gaze at the beautiful grounds. A friend and I spent a whole day relaxing and enjoying the facilities. This includes their purifying bath ritual, quiet room, outdoor pool with standing fireplace and jacuzzi as well as the tranquility garden. We visited in October and found the spa very quiet with plenty of spaces for us to go off to talk quietly. We found the services provided to be exceptional with every employee taking time to make sure we felt care for. we found the food to be very good- better than other spas we've visited that emphasized health to the extent that their food was tasteless. The crab cakes and salmon BLT we enjoyed at lunch were flavorful and nicely presented.
The end of our day could have turned sour as we had forgotten gift certificates back in Illinois, but even that snag was handled with great diplomacy, and we left feeling totally rejuvenated. So, our suggestions to make your day exceptional- plan on no communication with the outside world for a day, bring your swimsuit regardless of the time of year, regardless of the number of spa services you elect to enjoy- spend the day, come during the week rather than the weekend. If that isn't possible at least avoid the holiday season.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our 26-acre parcel is lush with sky-high pine trees and natural Wisconsin stone outcroppings. Respect for the natural resources is at the soul of Sundara's green practices. Our heated outdoor infinity edge pool, sculpted fireplace, waterfalls and curving deck connect seamlessly with the tranquil environment. The main building is representative of some of the most striking Organic-style architecture in the Midwest. Inside, the principles of Feng Shui contribute to a soothing environment. Our spa treatments incorporate the finest organic products from around the world. The Sundara Spa signature collection even draws ingredients indigenous to the area for an authentic experience. Our spa cuisine features the fruits of labor of fresh, local, seasonal ingredients. Sundara is drawn from the Sanskrit word for "beautiful." We interpret that as beauty flowing from wellness. Our carefully selected and highly trained service providers are healers at heart and passionate about their work, putting customer satisfaction at the center of all they do. Whether you choose to stay in one of our 26 elegant suites, or perhaps just linger for the day, we hope it will be a transforming experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com and Expedia so you can book your Sundara Inn and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sundara Spa Wisconsin Dells
- Sundara Hotel Wisconsin Dells