We've stayed here before, but this is the first time since having children. It's still a fantastic place for adult couples to get away from it all! The theme of "feng shui" and health & rejuvination seems to have relaxed quite a bit since we first stayed several years ago (4?). This may not be a bad thing, since some of the health & wellness atmosphere could have been interperated as "overwhelming" by someone new to the spa expirience. The food and beverages are excellent and well-prepared a full menu is now offered. We never had to use "the driver" to take us to dinner. We stayed right at the pool and ate! **Much praise to the staff for being exremely accomodating to my wife's gluten allery!!!***
A wider selection of adult beverages is also now offered at the pool bar. This helps to relax the previously "stuffy" health & wellness atmosphere, and I think it's a good thing. But Sundara should be careful to keep tabs on the drinking and maintain the quiet, meditative atmosphere in the pool area. During our stay there were several "girls weekend" groups, and one of the members was all but passed out on the pool furniture after "trying every drink on the menu." The bartender said that happens a lot. A bit comical, sure, but that would have never been allowed to happen at the Sundara during our first stay several years ago.
The use of the room key for charges (standard resort proceedure these days) was great. But be careful! Menu items can be percieved as "pricy": In the midst of "relaxing," food and beverage charges to the room during your stay can be a surprise at checkout, bringing back all the stress you worked so hard to get rid of during your stay!
We did not stay at the "cottages" this time, but noticed that many of them are rented through Wynndam. We're Wyndam owners, so of course this may be a good thing, although we understand kids are allowed in the Wyndam cottages now. Not sure how that's gonna work out. We also sensed a little apprehension with the staff when discussing the Wyndam partnership. No one seems quite sure it's a positive thing.
We are planning a trip back at the end of the summer to spend more time taking advantage of the additions to the resort like the "tranquility garden", 'hammocks' and 'bike rentals'. The day we stayed, they were completely booked, and we only got a room because of a last-minute cancelation. But, aside from a few more people at the pool, it never seemed packed or busy. The Sundara Spa did a fantastic job once again taking the stress away from this weary couple. It was a great "quick getaway" from the kids!
- Also Known As:
- Sundara Hotel
- Sundara Spa Wisconsin Dells
- Sundara Hotel Wisconsin Dells
- Sundara Spa
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our 26-acre parcel is lush with sky-high pine trees and natural Wisconsin stone outcroppings. Respect for the natural resources is at the soul of Sundara's green practices. Our heated outdoor infinity edge pool, sculpted fireplace, waterfalls and curving deck connect seamlessly with the tranquil environment. The main building is representative of some of the most striking Organic-style architecture in the Midwest. Inside, the principles of Feng Shui contribute to a soothing environment. Our spa treatments incorporate the finest organic products from around the world. The Sundara Spa signature collection even draws ingredients indigenous to the area for an authentic experience. Our spa cuisine features the fruits of labor of fresh, local, seasonal ingredients. Sundara is drawn from the Sanskrit word for "beautiful." We interpret that as beauty flowing from wellness. Our carefully selected and highly trained service providers are healers at heart and passionate about their work, putting customer satisfaction at the center of all they do. Whether you choose to stay in one of our 26 elegant suites, or perhaps just linger for the day, we hope it will be a transforming experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Fareportal so you can book your Sundara Inn and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.