“Sundara soothes the soul” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sundara Inn and Spa

We can't find prices for this hotel
Sundara Inn and Spa
You added Sundara Inn and Spa to your Saves list
3.0 of 5 Spa   |   920 Canyon Rd., Wisconsin Dells, WI 53965   |
Ranked #21 of 72 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Stoughton, Wisconsin
“Sundara soothes the soul”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

After caring for my Mom through her death, I let Sundara care for me and care they did. .The spa services were wonderful and there can't be anything better than the outdoor hot tub in the snow. The food was excellent and I stood in my window the first night and watched a deer just at the edge of the woods. It was so peaceful and relaxing. As a solo woman, I felt very comfortable and the quiet zones here are appreciated. You can truly relax with no small talk obligations. Yoga, a fire, relaxing bath rituals, feather beds, massages, great food, a good book & soothing music ..........I don't know if I can wait until October when I'm scheduled again.

Room Tip: No tips really. My window looked out on the woods edge, but there can't be a bad view. Thermost...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
SundaraSpa920, Manager at Sundara Inn and Spa, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
I am so moved by your experience, and honored you chose Sundara to care for you during your time of loss. I sincerely hope your stay provided a bit of peace and calm to your healing heart. Be well and be good to yourself. Hope to see you again soon. Thank you for sharing your story!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
milwaukee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

Sundara is truely in the top 5 spa resorts in the nation. Spacious,clean,secluded,professional staff,romantic,and memorable. Money well spent. I only wish we had known about this place years ago. We have been and will continue to tell our friends about Sudara.

Room Tip: Larger is better.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
We thank you kindly for your review and positive comments. Come see us again soon to energize your soul!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

Yes it is not cheap to enjoy Sundara. No, the building is not brand new anymore. Still so worth it. My new favorite is the spa cusine. Available poolside, in the dining area or servied in your room, the food is truly up to european standards like the rest of the resort

Room Tip: The Luxury suite, while pricey offers the most comfort, mini fridge, screen porch balcony overlookin...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
We appreciate your feedback and it's so validating to hear you enjoyed the cuisine (and noticed a change). Our Chef and his staff have all been working diligently to improve the menu and offer more local, organic and seasonally fresh options. We're hoping to release our own cookbook in the future too, so do watch for that! We sincerely thank you for your review and comments and hope to see you again soon.
Mundelein, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

First time vist for me, my wife was there before. Checked in Feb 7th for one night. My wife loved it! Enjoyed the spa treatments, "quiet room", atmosphere, etc...For me it was OK. Sat in the hot tub, cool tub and outdoor pool the whole "bath ritual" process pretty much all day, over and over again. Did not like walking around in a bath robe and slippers all day...very wierd for me. Loudi talking is discouraged and there is no cell service allowed except in your room. The rooms are great! Huge and very comfortable. Food service awesome, try the salmon grilled sandwich for lunch! Staff very nice and professional. I can understand why the Sundara is THE place to go for Spa (if you're into that). Glad I went, very difficult to relax when there is nothing for ME to do.

Room Tip: Had a ground level room, I would prefer to have stayed on the 2nd or 3rd floor, only because of the...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
SundaraSpa920, Manager at Sundara Inn and Spa, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
We're delighted you and your wife enjoyed your visit. In warmer months there are many outdoor activities you might enjoy such as; hiking, biking, championship golf, canoeing, stand-up paddle boarding, rock climbing, zip-line tours and more! In colder months if you enjoy the outdoors we suggest snow shoeing, cross country skiiing, downhill skiiing, and there are even winter rock climbing adventures. Hope to see you again soon!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

What a wonderful weekend we had at the beautiful Sundara Spa. We had a luxary suite there were four of us, plenty of room and we enjoyed the ritual bath several times. I thought it was a bit pricey so can't be a regular, but will definately go again. I had a nice massage, I thought it a bit short for the price plus they add a gratuity but I would do it again. I loved the outdoor infinity pool with the pine tree background. Breakfast was ok also.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
So happy to hear you'll be back and thank you for leaving a review! Check our website often for specials and if you can sneak away Sunday through Thursday the rates are typically lower. We're celebrating our 10 year anniversary this year and will be posting anniversary specials on our website and Facebook on the 10th of each month. Be well and stay energized!
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

We've been visiting Sundara for a few days every year or two since they opened and after this last visit I can honestly say that we won't make the effort to come back. It is no longer worth the three hour drive. First, the peace and tranquility is gone, there are large groups of guests talking loudly and playing with their phones in the public areas. Second, it's nowhere near as clean as it used to be. The bedside tables and wood ledges in our room were covered in a layer of dust. There was even a bobby-pin from some previous guest on the bathroom counter in our room. The spa waiting area (supposed meditation room) had wet cushions and people sprawled-out laying on the couches. There was even a woman picking her bare feet on one of the seating cushions who would alternate between picking her feet and then chewing her fingers...or chewing something she picked off of her feet....yuck. The massage therapist was good, but they automatically add 20% gratuity to the service, so an 80 minute massage cost a total of $228, while the midweek nightly rate for the less than clean room was $269. Lastly, my husband and I both developed sinus issues whenever we entered our room, so my guess is that the maintainance of the HVAC system and filters has probably declined as well along with the rest of the property. My advice - skip Sundara, save your money, and take a trip to Kohler's American Club Resort & Spa in Kohler, Wisconsin.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
We’re so sorry your latest visit was not everything it should have been. I appreciate the specifics of your post and have shared with both housekeeping and maintenance. Preserving the peace and tranquility of Sundara is uppermost in our minds too. Last year we added a conversation-free Tranquility Garden patio adjacent to the pool, knowing guests crave quiet. Our spa staff has been alerted to be more forthcoming in informing guests that our policy is no cell phones in common areas. Am glad to know the massage service was good, as I sincerely believe our therapists are among the best in the U.S. We’ve recently renovated so perhaps that temporarily affected HVAC in your room; I’m checking with our engineering staff on that point. Hoping we can re-earn your patronage. If you’d like to contact me directly, and I do hope you will, please send an e-mail to this address: cscheel@sundaraspa.com.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

I surprised my daughter on her 18th birthday with a day trip to Sundara. We had never been there before. We were rudely greeted after we had taken a picture of the outside of the building on our way in not knowing there was a no picture picture policy. We arrived ina blizzard and they docked us for being 5 minutes late by shaving that off of our massage time. The desk folks definitely need a lesson in customer service and friendliness. The massage was good and the masseuses were very kind. My daughter had a hair in her drink at lunch and could not chew threw the tough steak in her sandwich. The service was slow and there were drips of food down the walls and crumbs on the floor. The bill was $56 for the two of us. No adjustments for the hair. We had a pedicure and manicure that was fine. I sent Sundara a letter explaining our experience over 2 weeks ago, and never received a response. We spent $540 on the day, and felt angry when we left. I would not recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
A birthday spa treat should be special and it sounds like it fell short. We certainly have had more than our share of snow in Wisconsin this winter. In order to maintain the schedule for all our guests who’ve reserved spa services, we do have a policy of ending the service on time. I’m pleased to know the massage and massage therapists were good - that feedback means a great deal to the spa staff. I’ve shared the lunch specifics with our culinary staff. If you would you like to contact me directly at cscheel@sundaraspa.com? It would give me a chance to address your concerns.

Been to Sundara Inn and Spa? Share your experiences!