My husband and I spent 3 nights in room 2813 which is a villa suite. We checked in with complete ease and loved the reception area, a complete sense of serenity.
Room: Our villa was gorgeous. Had a full kitchen, fridge, microwave, sink, and stove top. Then a separate sleeping area. The bed was super comfy. The tv was very small and in an odd spot we understand some people don't want a tv during this time but we are big tv watchers so were a little disappointed by this. The bathroom was nice with gorgeous tile everywhere. There was a separate seating room with the enormous jetted tub and a larger tv. This room also had a desk with an awesome journal on it that guests of the room write in. I love this touch. The tub was awesome!!! This room faced the golf course. One issue we had was the construction in the villa next door. Each building had 3 villas and it appeared maybe only 3 villas total in about 4-5 buildings were occupied. So why construction would be scheduled in a villa next to an occupied room I'm not sure. After about an hour of construction noise (saws, scraping, hammering) i called the front desk. Within 30mins the noise stopped so loved they had this stopped. We were grateful but i was a little surprised that #1 it even happened and #2 they were not very apologetic about it.
Spa: loved the bath ritual and enjoyed time in the heated pool and outdoor whirlpool. I had made reservations for the Sundara tranquility spa together package Which includes a hydrating bath followed by massage followed by a facial. We did the bath then did the massage ( mel rocked he kicked my butt and it was awesome) and then we were taken back to the quiet room to wait for the facial. It was 20mins past our appointment time and still no sign of being taken in for our facial. So i went to the front desk and after a few minutes was told "we can't do these services today" needless to say I was not happy. I was told people had called in sick and others were in training. I was told they left us a message in our villa. However we had been at the spa all day so why not have our massage therapists tell us. I just don't get how it was decided that our services would be canceled we spent a lot of money on the villa and also the spa package. I was told they would give us a discount but no clue how much of a discount. When we got back to the villa we discovered there had been no message left like they had said there had been. My husband called later to find out what kind of percentage of discount they were going to give us and it was going to be 50% which I felt was very fair and appreciated this greatly but not sure why we were not told this at the start. And still don't know why ours were cancelled. We could have done the facials the day before or something had we known about being short staffed with people in training.
Other: My husband asked the front desk if they had a recommendation for somewhere to order pizza from since we wanted to have a quiet night in and the two ladies at the front desk both just said they don't eat pizza I was kind of surprised that there was not a list or that they couldn't have asked someone else what they thought. The complimentary breakfast is very good with lots of choices.
Overall a very good experience but was a little surprised with some small details. We were thankful to rest and reconnect.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our 26-acre parcel is lush with sky-high pine trees and natural Wisconsin stone outcroppings. Respect for the natural resources is at the soul of Sundara's green practices. Our heated outdoor infinity edge pool, sculpted fireplace, waterfalls and curving deck connect seamlessly with the tranquil environment. The main building is representative of some of the most striking Organic-style architecture in the Midwest. Inside, the principles of Feng Shui contribute to a soothing environment. Our spa treatments incorporate the finest organic products from around the world. The Sundara Spa signature collection even draws ingredients indigenous to the area for an authentic experience. Our spa cuisine features the fruits of labor of fresh, local, seasonal ingredients. Sundara is drawn from the Sanskrit word for "beautiful." We interpret that as beauty flowing from wellness. Our carefully selected and highly trained service providers are healers at heart and passionate about their work, putting customer satisfaction at the center of all they do. Whether you choose to stay in one of our 26 elegant suites, or perhaps just linger for the day, we hope it will be a transforming experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity and Hotels.com so you can book your Sundara Inn and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sundara Spa Wisconsin Dells
- Sundara Hotel Wisconsin Dells