We went here for three nights to recover from some tough emotional times. They are very quiet and helpful. The spa ritual felt great and we enjoyed the pool all day in Nov. a treat.
We had a villa and with the kitchen had space to make a dinner. The only problem with the middle style villas is they have no chairs or place for outdoor seating. We did not want to sit by the pool at times. Two simple chairs would have been nice as the end villas have seven.
The day spa people wear these brown robes and guests wear white. The relaxation room was full of the brown robe people and I did not like that people were laid out sleeping, feet and sandals on the furniture that someone else may later want to enjoy. Perhaps they shoud go to all rocking chairs to avoid this "shelter" type of appearance. I needed a new dry robe after being at the pool and I did receive one but only after a look that was not friendly and being told "we do not keep white robes here". I was a guest and not a day guest. It was not good, this brown and white arrangement.
As we have now looked at our bill, we find a $15 per day resort fee plus the room fee. Plus .75 to make a phone call. Plus the morning breakfast was cold, cold eggs and burnt bacon.
This type of relaxation came at too high a price and I doubt that we would return. We found the Dells area to be too crammed with family venues and we were happy that we went in the off season.
Thank you Sundara for three restful nights.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our 26-acre parcel is lush with sky-high pine trees and natural Wisconsin stone outcroppings. Respect for the natural resources is at the soul of Sundara's green practices. Our heated outdoor infinity edge pool, sculpted fireplace, waterfalls and curving deck connect seamlessly with the tranquil environment. The main building is representative of some of the most striking Organic-style architecture in the Midwest. Inside, the principles of Feng Shui contribute to a soothing environment. Our spa treatments incorporate the finest organic products from around the world. The Sundara Spa signature collection even draws ingredients indigenous to the area for an authentic experience. Our spa cuisine features the fruits of labor of fresh, local, seasonal ingredients. Sundara is drawn from the Sanskrit word for "beautiful." We interpret that as beauty flowing from wellness. Our carefully selected and highly trained service providers are healers at heart and passionate about their work, putting customer satisfaction at the center of all they do. Whether you choose to stay in one of our 26 elegant suites, or perhaps just linger for the day, we hope it will be a transforming experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity and Expedia so you can book your Sundara Inn and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sundara Spa Wisconsin Dells
- Sundara Hotel Wisconsin Dells