“Misquoted rate by 100% verbally- awful management” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Flamingo Motel & Suites

We can't find prices for this hotel
Flamingo Motel & Suites
You added Flamingo Motel & Suites to your Saves list
1220 Wisconsin Dells Pkwy., Wisconsin Dells, WI 53965   |
Ranked #72 of 80 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
A TripAdvisor Member
“Misquoted rate by 100% verbally- awful management”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2005

The management couldn't even get my reservation straight - that is how disorganized, and perhaps dishonest this establishment is. I was misquoted a roomrate by 100% (rate doubled after I hung up and got my confirmation number)-management would not honor a verbal agreement. Tried for 2 days to reach them to straigten this mess out only to find "our phones were down". My advice - get your room information in writing - not verbally!

Stayed May 2005

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Andover, MN
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2005

I stayed there 2 years ago with my family. After reading other reviews I had to write and also warn others. I too was lured by the free tickets to Noah's Ark. Mind you, it is only 4 tickets-regardless of how many are in the room (you could purchase extras for a discounted price). The room was so bad, my niece and I started a list while we were there of all the bad things. The fridge in the room would not shut unless a chair was placed in front of it. Our "view" out the window was the employees smoking area in the back. The bathroom was moldy and very small. There was a window in the BATHTUB which looked out to the door of the maintainence room (right next to the smoking area). The carpet was never dry and we noticed after the cleaning crew was there, the bugs were still on the ground. As far as security goes, there wasn't any. The room locks were the old standard simple keys with the room number engraved on it. They had 3 COLD!! outdoor pools, although only one had lights. The only indoor pool had no supervision. I have reservations for a different Wisconsin Dells hotel and I hope to have a much better time.

• Stayed August 2003
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2005

Stayed at the Flamingo for 3 days and had a good time. Great location close to all the great attractions. Will definately go back.

• Stayed June 2005
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2004

It was an average place to go, the children loved the swimming area. The sofa mattress was uncomfortable to sleep in, but other than that.. it was a clean room to stay in. The housekeepers were very friendly as well as the office staff.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2004

Flamingo is a great place. It allowed us to stay in a clean hotel at an affordable price.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2004

Do NOT stay here. Disgusting rooms. Terrible service. We left the Dells early - even thought the Flamingo wouldn't actually let us check out! - because it was so bad. Noisy. We felt unsafe - an outside door with only a push button lock on the knob. I could go on and on. Don't ruin your vacation - find somewhere else!

1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2004

Our first trip to Wisconsin Dells and our hotel was just terrible. We paid $120 a night for a "deluxe family suite". I should have known the price was too good to be true but I at least hoped for a clean room to stay in for my family of 5. The minute we opened the door my heart sank. The carpet was filthy, the room smelled like a locker room, the service was marginal. I asked for a couple extra pillows and was told I could only have one. The desk clerk couldn't recommend any good restaurants. The bad weather meant we were stuck in this awful place and so we ventured out in the monsoon if only to get some fresh air. I had planned a 5 day stay but left in disgust after only 2. Worst vacation ever. The dells has a lot to offer but avoid the Flamingo at all costs.

Been to Flamingo Motel & Suites? Share your experiences!