“Cheap Room and Tickets, sore back” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Flamingo Motel & Suites

We can't find prices for this hotel
Flamingo Motel & Suites
You added Flamingo Motel & Suites to your Saves list
1220 Wisconsin Dells Pkwy., Wisconsin Dells, WI 53965   |
Ranked #68 of 72 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Palos Hills, Illinois
“Cheap Room and Tickets, sore back”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

We had a two day stay here. The place is not the ritz. It is a basic hotel. Considering that we spent only an hour or two in the rooms before sleep it was more than adequate. The AC worked great, the fridge kept the drinks cold. The room had a hide a bed and it reminded me of the one my parents had in the 70's especially with the bar right across the back. The two queen matress's also need to be retired, I felt the metal springs in my ribs. The plus was that for the six of us staying, we each received a Noah's Ark ticket for each nights stay, this is a good value. If your in one of the newer remodled rooms, it's a good value. If your in the old rooms, bring a blow up matress.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014 via mobile

I would not recommend anybody staying here. ROOM 120 ... moldy, dusty, dirty. ROOM 221 stained carpeting, black bugs of some sort, blood on the air conditioned unit. We didn't even stay we left the night we were suppose to stay.

• Stayed July 2014
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

The air doesn't keep up, they can't fix it. Plus it is noisy. The shower was cold after 1 shower. Not even a long one. Wifi doesn't work. Ice machines don't work.

Nice location quick to get to Noah's ark.

Black hawk was nicer.

Really I have to put 200 words?

Stayed July 2014
Janesville, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

Booked a room at this hotel so we could take the grandson to Noah's Ark for a couple days. The proximity to the park, and deal of free water park tickets was too good to pass up - WE SHOULD HAVE!!!!! After booking a room at this resort, I found terrible reviews on Trip Advisor. I called the hotel directly, and very politely asked about my concerns of unclean rooms and mold. I asked if I could upgrade to a room that would be cleaner, due to the fact that I had a mold allergy. She gave me a family suite for an extra $45 plus tax - telling me it had a queen sized bed, bunk beds, a couch and table, a microwave and refrigerator, and had been totally remodeled over the winter. She also told me she would make a note of my mold allergy to be sure our room was extra clean. We arrived early to get our Noah's Ark tickets, but our room was not ready. She told us to come back anytime after 3:00; our room was paid for and would be waiting for us when we returned from the water park. When we got back to the hotel, the clerk said we got a value room (the $100 rooms they offer), and she told me she had no record of us upgrading plus this value room was now $145. Our room was in a building that one other room was booked - the rest of the buildings looked pretty full. Our room was tiny, the queen bed and one of the bunk bed was made up. One bunk bed was just a mattress with no bedding. The carpet was not vacuumed and the entry way was not swept - there was wet, soggy chips and crackers all over the floor. The sheets on the bunk bed had not been changed and were FILTHY!!!! The bathroom was so dirty that none of us used the shower or sink! We had no toilet paper in the bathroom. Two trips to the office got us no help. There was nothing they could do. The only remodeling was they covered the walls with paneling. This was not the room we paid for!

The next morning as we were leaving (and were the ONLY car parked in this area), a golf cart came screeching around the corner of the building and hit the rear end of our car. The young girl said she did not see us there and the golf cart would not stop. We went to the office, but this girl's story totally changed and she said we hit her. We asked that the police be called because there were several long scratches down the side of the bumper, putting gouges into the bumper and scratching the paint. At the office, the manager took everyone into an office before the police arrived then had the officer join them when he got there. The police officer never spoke to us but told us his report would say our car was in the 'lane of traffic' when she hit us. She had the right of way - WHAT????? No lane of traffic - vehicles; she came from nowhere screeching around the building and actually told us she could not stop the cart and there were no other cars.

Lesson learned - if an offer is too good to be true, IT IS too good to be true. DO NOT BOOK THIS HOTEL! There are several other close-by hotels that also offer free Noah's Ark tickets.

Room Tip: No idea - we upgraded to a (supposedly) much nicer room after reading reviews. If this really was a...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Grand Forks, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

Eva took good care of us. We had last minute reservations and she helped us a lot. What can a person expect when they make plans late in the game? It wasn't the worst hotel I've ever been to--the room was clean, the shower was hot (and not wimpy), and when we threw their leaky coffee maker into the trash, they brought us a new one. But I'll keep the Flamingo in mind when selecting a hotel next time. That's human nature, I suppose, and memories!

Save your money--keep looking, but if you're a last minute planner and they have a room, then pack some patience.

Room Tip: Flamingo South is quieter than the location further north (that has the office)
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
GREEN BAY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

Not going to disagree that this is an old motel and if not for Noah's Ark tie there is very little reason to stay here. HOWEVER, if Noah's Ark is your thing (it is for us), then a basic double room - we stayed in 223 and it was clean and serviceable - with the free tickets and walking distance to the park (so you don't have to pay for parking) it is an average value worth taking.

Stayed July 2014
Wisconsin Dells
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

The only good thing was the location in relation to Noah's Arc. We had several issues with cleanliness. We first discovered a pillow that had blood stains and then the blanket on the bed was soiled. I called the front desk to talk with the manager. The person who answered the phone said the manager would call the next day. In the night I was awoken by banging on the wall. The next day I discovered that several people were fighting in the room next door. The next morning upon returning to the motel (we were at a basket ball tournament) we found several police officers on the grounds. I made two more calls to the manager, and I did not get a call back. I would not recommend this hotel. Part of our team stayed across the street from us and had a much better experience.

• Stayed July 2014

Been to Flamingo Motel & Suites? Share your experiences!