“Ok for the money and location. Poor for Sleep!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Flamingo Motel & Suites

We can't find prices for this hotel
Flamingo Motel & Suites
You added Flamingo Motel & Suites to your Saves list
1220 Wisconsin Dells Pkwy., Wisconsin Dells, WI 53965   |
Ranked #72 of 80 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Plainfield, Indiana
“Ok for the money and location. Poor for Sleep!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

It is an older hotel. The price is not terrible when you take into account that they offer waterpark tickets included with the stay. Sleep quality is terrible on the first floor. Older hotels tend to have noisy plumbing as well as less insulated walls, this hotel is no exception.

If you are going with a family, and you are on a tight budget, you can make this work... only if you are going to the waterpark. Otherwise, I would suggest another location.

Room Tip: Second floor
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Chicago, Illinois, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

I stayed here for a triathlon that was close by, but the convenience was not worth it. This place is filthy, stinky and full of black mold. When we complained the answer was a shrug and " it's a motel, you knowp- what did you expect?". For the over $130.00 per night we paid I would at least expect it to be clean and safe and it was neither!! Exposed fan in bathroom wall and filth and mold everywhere. No early checkout allowed or we would have been gone! we complained to the tourism dept but they said they don't govern the motels. I tried to dispute it on my credit card, but they said since we stayed, we have no recourse. My husband was so disgusted with the way it was handled he never wants to go to the dells again!

Waukegan, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

We have been booking at the Flamingo for the past four years now (once each summer). Our initial visit was alright but our visits have progressively worsened each year. This hotel is located right next to Noah's Ark, which is a great location to be. Other than the location & free Noah's Ark passes, the staff is rude, the carpets are indeed dirty, & the beds are uncomfortable & sink in the middle. If you're barely going to be in the room & don't care so much about maintenance, I would say this is an OK place to book at. If you are looking for cleanier rooms & quality service, I definitely recommend looking elsewhere.
We noticed that our visits got worse each year, particularly during the last two years. The office staff members are rude & don't seem to care about their customers at all, except for one guy, who was actually nice to us. Whenever we or anyone asked them a question, they huffed & puffed as if we were causing them such a great hassle. They don't keep up with maintenance on their rooms. They really do need to clean the carpets better. Our toilet ran three out of the four times & we found hair in the shower the last two times. (Gross). We kept our flip flops on the entire time because the carpets were dirty. I STRONGLY suggest keeping your shoes/slippers on. Their beds cave in & we always woke up sore with back aches. Their pillows are not comfortable either. Their pools seemed to be clean but their jacuzzi wouldn't fill all the way & was on the dirty side. ALL of their grills are rusted out & falling apart. (Literally). My boyfriend barely touched two of the grills & they were caving in & started falling. They are not usable.
Bottom line, I recommend reading the reviews & just being aware of what you're getting in to. The location is great, the free Noah's Ark tickets are a nice perk, but you will NOT be receiving quality, let alone decent, service here. They also obviously jack up the rooms because of the Noah's Ark tickets. After this last trip, we decided that we will no longer be booking at the Flamingo. We've had enough with their nasty attitudes & cheap rooms. I recommend staying at the Bridgeview Motel. I came across them on this site & read their reviews. Based on those alone, we just booked over Labor Day weekend & absolutely loved it! Although they are farther away from Noah's Ark, we still chose to stay there. They give you free Mount Olympus tickets & the owner is extremely accommodating & kind! They will be receiving our money from now on. Flamingo needs to get it together!

Room Tip: Great location but crappy rooms & horrible customer service!
Ephrata, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

I WOULD NEVER recommend this hotel to anyone! We ended up going through 5 rooms in 2 days. The first that they put us in had chex mix under the beds, the floors were filthy, dead flies everywhere, the air conditioner was a window unit, the room smelled horrible, and the worst part was the tiles in the bathroom that used to be tan were BLACK with mold!!
NEVER STAY IN ROOM 122!!
My husband had to check out 4 other rooms before he found one that he was willing to sleep in. When we got to that room the toilet wouldnt flush, and the towels had flies in them (The new towels).
I WOULD never go here again. The fact that they even would put people in the first room we stayed in speaks volumes about there hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Appleton, Wisconsin, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012 via mobile

This hotel was awful! Our room was dirty, the bed literally sagged to the middle, the patio didn't lock, there are very bright lights outside the patio doors, quiet time is after 11, there's no hotel staff to enforce this, we reported broken glass at the foot of the stairs to three digreeny people, but it wasn't cleaned up until the following day. When I shared my displeasure with the hotel desk clerk she shrugged & said "stay somewhere else next time." You can bet that I will!

• Stayed August 2012
Loveland, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

It was definitely worth the free tickets to Noah's Ark. Our first impression though was not so good. The man at the desk hardly acknolwedged I was there. Our room had a torn curtain you could see from the outside. When we went in, it was just fine. It's not fancy but had a comfortable bed and uncomfortable pillows. The pools were nice and clean. The two lifeguards by the indoor pool looked like they were getting over a hangover and hardly spoke or moved. We did have a different front desk person in the evening that was very polite and helpful (also another lady in the morning). We had a nice sleep and it was quiet outside. Even though it was not perfect, I would stay there again. You just have know what you're getting and why you are going there.

Chicago, Illinois, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

Let me start off by saying OMG!! There service sucks, the office people are even worse!I just got back from a 3 day stay with my family.We rented 6 rooms there paid over 1,000 to stay there and it was horrible.Each room had an odor in it,unreal one room had dirty underwear left behind in it. rugs were just filthy.ac barely worked.had to beg to even get our room cleaned the next day!!We thought that they might have been under staffed which was not the case they were just lazy scum people who didn't want to work!!! And the pool was filthy too POOR SERVICE ....... THEY SHOULD BE CLOSED DOWN....

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Flamingo Motel & Suites? Share your experiences!