“Great room for the money.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Flamingo Motel & Suites

We can't find prices for this hotel
Flamingo Motel & Suites
You added Flamingo Motel & Suites to your Saves list
1220 Wisconsin Dells Pkwy., Wisconsin Dells, WI 53965   |
Ranked #72 of 80 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
“Great room for the money.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

Good room for the money. We did stay in the recently remodeled rooms. They are still outdated, but they were clean an for the price, a decent room. -Just make sure you ask for the remodeled rooms because the other ones look scary. Location is perfect. Pool is nice!

• Stayed July 2012

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Faith, SD
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

Stayed with a large group heading to the Dells for a basketball tournament. Had about 30 14-16 year old boys and their parents. They advertised 3 outdoor waterparks, Free Noah's Ark tickets large Family Friendly rooms. We got a group rate of $112 / night.

I got to the hotel and the lobby was locked, it was 2:30pm, a sign hung on the door that they didn't open until 3:00pm. I waited, and got my room (#130). When I walked in there was an awful smell, the "Family Suite" advertised 2 TVs, 2 Bedrooms and room to sleep 6. There was no Closet just a rack hanging on the wall, there was 1 TV a 32" Console that was in the Upstairs bedroom. It was extremely hot, first thing I did (after keeping my wife from freaking) was crank the air, These are old window units drilled through the wall. One wasn't blowing air, after further investigation I found it was frozen over. I went to the front Desk and explained my problem w/ the Air, the nice gentleman appologized and said he would upgrade me for the same price and gave me a Suite in another building.

This room was much better but not anywhere near the $112 price, the beds were clean but old, there wasn't the smell the other room had. This room was bigger, and a little better the bathroom was also much bigger and cleaner.

This hotel was adjacent to Noah's Ark waterpark and we walked over there that was nice, but the 3 outdoor pools were a joke, one advertised open until 10pm, so on the 2nd day I told my 4 year old he could swim when we got back to the hotel but at 7pm the pool was closed and would not be re-opened.

The Beds were old and hard, the TVs in the new room were 19" Flat Screens, that were hard to see from the bed.

We stayed 2 nights and there was no maid service, but we did get clean towels.

If you want to rough it, stay here, or rent a cabin. Don't expect maid service, Don't expect the area to be clean or well kept, don't expect the front office to be open, don't expect the ice machine to work. If you stay here you are on your own. I would much rather pay twice as much in a worse location just to get some kind of service.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else, if there is nowhere else rent a cabin, if there are no cabins ask for a newer r...
Green Bay, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

They advertised 3 outdoor pools and an indoor pool with game room. The indoor pool and gameroom were locked the whole time we were there. Our room never got cleaned while we were there. There was nobody in the office at the Flamingo so we had to go to Mayflower if we needed anything. The telephone in the room didn't work. The windows did not open. The bathtub was clogged. We felt like we were put in the back corner in a room that was just thrown together so they could rent it. We talked to the general manager to get a refund so we could stay elsewhere for the second night and she would not offer anything but that we could drive to the Mayflower to swim if we wanted an indoor pool. We checked in early at the Flamingo Motel on Sunday. We received all paperwork but our room key so we could go to Noah's Ark that day. When we came back from Noah's Ark, we found the front office locked with a sign stating to go to the Mayflower. I went to the Mayflower, picked up the room key and went back to the Flamingo. We tried the room key124 and it would not open the door. I called the Mayflower and the front desk told me I had to go back to the Mayflower. I drove back to the Mayflower and was told the worker to fix it already left to the Flamingo so I had to drive back to the Flamingo and met the worker there. He tried the key and pushed hard on the door. It opened and he said that he had just painted it that's why it would not open for us. to eat. When we came back, the kids (I had 4 boys with me ages 14-18) wanted to go to the game room. It was locked as was the indoor pool. The next day, we looked at the pool hours which stated 10-10. We had left the motel at 9 to go to the downtown and do some stuff there. When we arrived back at the motel at 4ish, the front pool was locked, the hillside pool was locked, the indoor pool was locked and the only areas open to swim were the outside pool by the mansion house and the kiddie area. I called up the Mayflower to ask why the indoor pool was not open and I was told that it's dictated by Noah's Ark as to when the pools are open. I asked why there was no sign posted and they stated it was a new policy this year. I asked to talk to a manager, I was told the manager is out indefinately. I stated that there has to be a manager avail. The girl put me on hold and then came back and said the manager would be there in an hour. She took down my name and number and stated the manager would call back. I called back at 6:05, no manager, 7:00 no manager. 7:48 talked to Debbie who stated she was a general manager. She was very rude from the beginning of the calls stating there were 2 pools open all day, the Hillside and Mansion. I told her that only the Mansion was open and asked why the game room and indoor pool was not open. She pretty much told me I was lying that the 2 outdoor pools were open all day and started to argue the fact. I told her had I know that there was nothing for kids to do during our stay, I would not have stayed there. She said we could drive over to the Mayflower to swim. I told her the I would like a partial refund as the website, the brochures and the booklet for WI Dells says amenities include 3 outdoor pools, 1 indoor pool and game room. She said that's all she would do. I also informed her our room was not cleaned Monday morning and we didn't have Kleenex, toilet paper, and the carpet was dirty. She said she would have someone run the kleenex and toilet paper but never apologized for the room not being cleaned. She also stated that someone is going there to open the indoor area shortly. I then asked for her manager and she said she was it. I told her that she must report to someone, She the said she does have a number. I told her I was going to get a pen and she starts rattling off the phone number. I said excuse me, I just told you I needed to get a pen. She said well you are yelling so this is the number. I said I still need to get a pen. She then rattled off the number again and called me a sir. I told her I am a maam and the phone called ended. We waited for the indoor area to open and it never did so she flat out lied to me. This was the poorest service and treatment I have ever received. This was my first time going to the Dells and after this experience, I definately would not stay nor recommend anyone to stay there. When you pay 134 a night for a room, you expect it to have the ammenities it advertises.

Room Tip: None at this motel! Steer clear!
Bradford, Vermont
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

I was really disappointed in this property. I booked it as part of a road-trip package and it was touted as having "free" passes to the Noah's Ark Water Park. But the "free tickets" made the room price go from 69.00 to 99.00, which was a reduced price for the 2 tickets we got, but certainly not free.
The room itself was large, but that was the only positive thing I can say. The TV was VERY old and got 7 channels, with a remote that did not work. The tub did not drain, the screens in the windows were torn AND there appeared to be a family living in the rooms down the hall (2 or 3 rooms perhaps) and they were talking around freely, as if they were home, if you get my drift. I realized after about a hour in the room that this was NOT going to be a good situation, and tried to call the office, but then realized that i could NOT call the office, as the Flamingo office closed after 3pm and you had to go next door to the Mayflower to get keys, etc. and they could NOT be reached by dialing 0. So I went next door and asked about being moved OR get a refund, only to have another large family come in behind me, also requesting to get refund. They said their rooms were filthy. I think that is probably enough. We did move to another motel down the street, which was lovely and very accommodating to our walk-in needs and ended up with a jacuzzi room with a king bed for 69.00.. I will be reviewing them also.

Room Tip: Don;t go here.
Edgar, Wisconsin, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

Well first things first, the AC was broke/noisy, toilet was not working, bathroom door knob was loose, hot tub broke, they sent us to the may flower, that hot tub had only one working jet, honestly the only two upsides was the Noah ark tickets and upgrade,, if u stay at flamingo as for newer side. Oh yeah and you have to go in office to use wifi.

Room Tip: As for newer rooms
Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Hutchinson
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

If they would remodel the rooms it would not be so bad.....stains all over the carpets and the bedding comforter smelled bad....we got to town late and luckily ran into a Flamingo employee who informed us we had to get our key from Mayfair Motel.......also no blow dryer or microwave....the AC took awhile to get cool too at first we thought it would be an extremely HOT night, but it eventually cooled the room.....but to all bad there is somethings good :) The outdoor pool was nice even with friendly lifeguards and the counter check in ladies were very nice. If your a germ clean freak this is not the place for you, but if your not too picky and want a place to stay it isnt the worst, but a place if I had to choose to sleep in would not.....also beware of spiders....I killed 3 in our bathroom...Im not scared of them, but my daughter is....

Room Tip: IF they are remodeling as another review noted ask for a newly remodeled room
Dubuque, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012

We usually stay here and it's nothing fancy but the rooms have always been clean and the staff has always been friendly. They have new owners this year (the same company that owns noah's ark) and they are remodeling a lot of the rooms. The room like usual was clean the only thing I wasn't a big fan of was when we went to the lobby to check in there was a sign there that says you have to check in at the Mayflower. When we checked in they only gave us 1 key so we asked for a second one and was informed that he would have to go to the Flamingo lobby to get the other one so we told him to just leave it in the room. Before we even got everything out of our van he approached us with the other key. When he gave us the key we asked for 2-3 extra pillows and he told us that wouldn't be a problem. We went out to eat and came back to our room and he gave us 6 pillows instead. The customer service was better than ever. The outdoor pools and the indoor pool was closed while we where there which is ok because we never use them anyway. The day we left they opened the outdoor pools by the lobby and the reason they where closed is because they now staff them with lifeguards. Overall I we had a nice stay here.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Been to Flamingo Motel & Suites? Share your experiences!