“Abysmal Customer Service” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Dell Boo Campground

Dell Boo Campground
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Wisconsin Dells
Dell Boo Campground
Save Saved
You added Dell Boo Campground to your Saves list
E10562 Shady Lane Rd., Wisconsin Dells, WI 53965   |
Milwaukee
“Abysmal Customer Service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2010

When my family attempted to cancel our reservation 7 days in advance, as the website says (it's ambiguous, so we operated under the assumption that we could cancel 7 days in advance), the man on the phone was incredibly rude to me and used vulgarities. For claiming to be a Christian-run campground, I cannot believe that the man on the phone would be speak to me like that. For $150 a night, one should not have to bring all amenities, including bedding! They don't even provide kitchen supplies, like pots and pans, nor is there even a television. I would NEVER recommend this company to anyone! Do NOT stay here!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family

19 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2010

Our Christian Group meets once a year to commune with nature and share our families - eat and just hang out. We need a place that values families and old fashioned values that keep things in order- with large sites that allow for RV's - so we are not situated right on top of the next site. This is a wonderful place to call home for however long our group members can stay. We like that there are games for adults and kids, crafts and chapel on Sunday. How nice to see that the things that matter in old fashioned America are still alive and well at Dell Boo.

P.S. You will never find a cleaner bathroom in ANY campground. I Guarantee! Don't miss this respite from the chaos of Yogi and the rest of the "chains" that advertise like crazy. (Overkill!)

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2010

If you're looking to get verbally harassed and screamed at, come to Dell Boo Family Campground. My family was looking for a campsite to stay at around the area and stopped by here. As soon as we pulled in and drove around to look at the condition of the campsite, a man who I'm assuming was the owner screamed at us and CHASED US DOWN, yelled at my father and got enraged because we drove around the campsite. Now if he was worried about security purposes, I understand. But it was 12 in the afternoon and he could have been a lot nicer about it. I am disgusted and appalled that the owner would speak to potential renters like that. If that is any clue as to how he runs his business, that is PATHETIC. His extremely poor attitude was all it took for us to look someplace else. We want NOTHING to do with a place like this. This man was nothing less than psycho. I thought his head might spin around.
The campsite itself was basically nestled in pine trees. There is no grass or lush green lands, basically just a pile of pine needles. The campsite quality wasn't the greatest, and the owner needs a lesson on how to treat renters and human beings in general. If this is how we were treated for just stopping by, I don't want to know what would happen if we actually did something wrong!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
St. Charles, MO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2008

We and 3 other campers camped at this campground during the week which included July 4, 2008. We tend to camp in state parks and normally avoid private campgrounds due to our less than pleasant experiences with them, but both state parks around the Dells were booked solid several months ahead of time. After driving though both state parks during our visit, I am glad we chose this campground instead. Apparently, Wisconsin state parks are not as well kept as the Missouri state parks we are used to. Dell Boo is far enough away from the state highway that the road noise is very limited. The campground is located off of a low-traffic county paved road which is nice for bicycle riding or walking on. Even at that, the campsites are located a long way from the road. The campground is pretty well sarrounded by wooded land. It appears to border Mirror Lake State Park on the map, but we could not locate any adjoining trails. The best sites are in a pine thicket that are all East of the office, but the rest are ok too. The seasonal campers in the park are all well kept and there seemed to be no "permanent" residences there, just some weekend folks. The staff was very courteous an helpful, and had given a good description of the sites over the phone. The shower houses were some of the best and cleanest I have seen. There was lots of room, and hot water was unlimited. They have quiet time rules and do not allow motorcycles, but they were not overzealoused with them. They just maintained a family atmosphere. There were no bothersome dusk-to-dawn lights in the camping area like you sometimes find in private campgrounds. It was pretty well dark at night in the camping area. They have no problem with campers bringing in wood, as long as it is from the local area. The campground sells wood, but it was expensive. We purchased some wood from someone down the road for a reasonable price. The only cons about the park were that the playground had outdated equipment, and the pool was cold. Although it was large and clean, I'd say the temperature of the water was in the mid 70's. It appeared to have a heater, but I don't believe they had it turned on. We used it anyway and did not complain.

Being from out of state and planning to come back to the area, we drove around to the state parks and some other private parks. We could not find a better place to camp in the area. Beware of some of the other private parks. Their pictures online do not paint a realistic picture.

We plan on returning in the next couple of years and plan on camping here again.

• Liked — Secluded
  • Disliked — cold pool
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Michigan, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2007

I am soooo glad we decided to camp on our trip to the Dells. I'd been putting off a vacation there because I'd heard it was just a big tourist trap now (last time I was there was over 30 years ago). But looking for a new vacation destination fairly close to home (gas is about $3.25 here) made me re-think that.

We had a great time doing some (carefully selected) "tourist" things, and we could just drive away from it all when we were done. It felt like we were driving into peacefullness! The campground is only about 10 - 15 minutes from the main drag, so we could even take a break in the middle of the day.

What I liked - clean, well-maintained pool - nicely landscaped grounds - friendly staff - clean bathrooms/showers - various activities (tennis, shuffleboard, volleyball, etc) - AIR-CONDITIONED camping cabin.

Minor Complaints - camping lots looked a little small (but not bad considering it's a major tourist area) - the newer bath house had timed showers (had to push it on every 1-2 minutes) - playground was adequate, but showing a little wear & tear.

I would definately recommend the campground, and we'll be back in the future. We got the camping cabin, but you DO need to bring all your own bedding & towels anyway, so about the only thing we didn't have to pack was the tent & air mattresses. But it was worth it. We went during the week (Mon - Fri) and there were only a few other campers in the park. Plus it's close to Baraboo, so you can easily do things in both the Dells & Baraboo (we'll probably check that out next time).

A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2003

We recently stayed at Dell Boo Campgrounds and it was a terrible
experience. They over-charged us for our camp sites (according to the
rates on their web site) and would not re-imburse us. They have tons of
rules (which I am all for), but they don't follow them themselves. For
example: Dogs must be on leashes at all times, except theirs and you
can't play a ball game on your car stereo while you are sitting in the
car, but they can have karaoke with speakers bigger than mountains!!
Plus they have "police" that are very rude to you. Fires are suppose to
be attended to at all times, which we abided by except for about 5
minutes when my husband had to go to the bathroom. I had to watch my 1
year old and the "police" came over to me and started yelling at me for
not watching the fire. I asked my husband to hurry back out there, but
he thought I was being rude for not going over there myself right that
minute. So much for a "family" campground!! I will never go there again
and with my husband in the RV business, we will tell everyone we know
not to camp there.

Been to Dell Boo Campground? Share your experiences!