“Fun story, but I would not recommend, even for the price.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Loyalty Inn Wisconsin Dells

Save Saved
You added Loyalty Inn Wisconsin Dells to your Saves list
Loyalty Inn Wisconsin Dells
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   811B Wisconsin Dells Parkway, Wisconsin Dells, WI 53965 (Formerly Riviera Suites)   |
Ranked #62 of 75 hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Saint Charles, Illinois
“Fun story, but I would not recommend, even for the price.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

We stayed here to save some money on our second night after a wedding at Chula Vista (which is a very nice hotel). The original room that we reserved was not set to a reasonable heat when we arrived, and then we found that the heat sources were not working at all, so the hotel offered us another room which was an upgrade. The exterior needed much maintenance, not a good first impression, but I have stayed at dumping look motels before with no issue so I was not worried. The interior was not much better, the TV worked after several tries, same with the microwave. The hot water was not so much hot but warm. The room came with a heart shaped hot tub (which was a first and cool), but the water was just warmish and took about an hour on full hot to fill. Then water started leaking from the already water damaged ceiling, apparently the upstairs room overflowed their tub and it was leaking down to us. Also this room was very cold to start because the heat was off and it took about 3 hours to warm up. The woman working the desk was very nice and the service was good, but I still would not recommend this hotel. Also the room had several damages all over, nothing that a weekend of work couldn't fix, so I don't expect it to get much better.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

140 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012 via mobile

If this is the only room in town then postpone your visit, sleep in your car or sleep on the sidewalk. The front door would open itself literally when the whirlpool was turned on. I'm writing this at 3:00 am because there is absolutely no way to fall asleep amidst the smelly room, stained bed covers, outside noises you can hear through paper thin walls and doors. I can usually sleep anywhere but sleep will evade me tonight. Do not stay here no matter what.

• Stayed July 2012
Caledonia, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

The woman at the front desk was sincerely nice and considerate. That is the best thing I can say about this hotel!! When we got there she wanted to charge us more than what the MOTEL was worth so she came down on the price. She said she gave us the "nicer" room. well we got in our room and the first thing you see is a dead bug on the bathroom floor!! A roach!! are you kidding?? well we left and went to Mt. Olympus and when we came back the a/c had froze up. I went and told the lady in the office and at first she told me just to turn it off for awhile and she thinks they do that because they are "old" When I informed my husband of this he stated it would take hours for it to unfreeze. There was water dripping everywhere. We did move to the room next door. Under the bed I found drug paraphenila, in the drawer of the little table between the beds was a unsanitary tampon, and once again another dead bug on the bathroom floor. You could tell that whirlpool had not been cleaned, nor the sink.. The pool outside was nice! and so was the hot tub!! actually looked cleaner than the one in our room!! This place is unsanitary and I would not recommend it to anybody.. Especially people with child when you find drug paraphenila underneath the beds!! You can go right down the road and stay at the Paradise HOTEL and it is wonderful and actually cheaper and so much cleaner!! and your passes for the water park are free!! and you can use them again the following day or as long as you are at the hotel..

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

The place is horrible, it smells bad....its old as hell...we found a lot spiders.....PLEASEEE DONT GOOO!!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Alexandria, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

I literally felt like crying after checking into this place. staff was so nice, but place was so scary!!!!!

Room Tip: Go to Mt. Olympus
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Janesville, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2012

Had an enjoyable stay at this hotel. They let us check in early at 10am since we were in town already. The hot tub was not working so they gave us free Mount Olympus Tickets due to hot tub being out of order. Which, by the way, they fixed right away. The room was very spacious and it was a poolside room. They do not offer free wi-fi nor a continental breakfast tho. The beds were comfortable even though they seemed very old. The pool hours during the week are only until 7 unfortunately. Overall we were pleased with our stay.

Room Tip: The double queen rooms are very spacious and include a LCD flat screen tv, fridge and microwave and...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Wyoming, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2012

Our experience with this hotel was our worst experience ever. First of all, I found the hotel online under the name FairBridge Inn Express, not Loyalty Inn, so I was not able to locate these reviews before I booked the room. When we attempted to check in, I saw that the sign also included "Loyalty Inn", which is how I have now been able to locate these reviews. Had I read what I am reading now, I would have never attempted to stay there. Perhaps FairBridge should be added to your hotel description???

The room was described as a 1 king, 2 queen bungalow suite that slept 7 for a mere $99. We were all excited to see our room based on the beautiful, luxurious photos online. NOT!! First of all, it was a motel, not a hotel. I steer away from motels because I just feel safer without direct access to my room from the outdoors. This place was called an Inn, and different things in the description, such as an indoor pool, alluded to the impression of it being a hotel. WRONG!! I was worried before we even went to the desk. Apparently the motel was taken over and given a new name - but the old name (Riviera Suites) still appeared in three places on the outside of the building. I figured it couldn't be a good sign if they didn't even care enough to paint over the old name of the motel!! We checked in and the woman at the desk handed me KEYS!! Really??!! Another sign that things were probably not very up-to-date. We hesitantly open the door to find a room that looked NOTHING like the online pictures!! The ONLY thing that was the same was the design on the bedspread!! There was a jacuzzi and fireplace, as promised, but they were totally out of place with the rest of the room. Everything was wobbly and worn down. The curtains were missing many hooks and did not completely cover the windows. The bedspreads and carpet appeared to be dirty. Although the suite slept seven people, the small table in the room accomodated only two chairs. The kitchen it advertised was actually only an ultra-small kitchenette - if you could even call it that. The "closet", which was nothing more than a small rack on the wall of the bedroom, wasn't even deep enough to hold clothes without slanting them sideways. The sofa and chairs that appeared in the online photos were nowhere to be found. The clincher, though, was the security latch on the entrance door. The screws that held the latch to the door were loose, and when I took a closer look, I saw that they couldn't be screwed in flush because the door jamb had been busted and never properly repaired - probably a sign of a previous break in, I'm thinking. That little ditty sealed the deal. I called around and found another HOtel to stay in for the same price - only this hotel was clean, safe, and included an indoor water park!! I wish I had taken pictures to share the inadequate conditions, but we were so anxious to get out of there that it didn't even cross my mind until after we had left.

Room Tip: ALWAYS look for reviews. I did not find reviews beforehand because of a difference in motel names...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Been to Loyalty Inn Wisconsin Dells? Share your experiences!