“Nice Hotel but would never stay again because the beds were hard as bricks.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of AmericInn Lodge & Suites Wisconsin Dells

You added AmericInn Lodge & Suites Wisconsin Dells to your Saves list
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Wisconsin Dells
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   550 State Hwy. 13, Wisconsin Dells, WI 53965   |
Ranked #22 of 72 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Robinson IL
“Nice Hotel but would never stay again because the beds were hard as bricks.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2009

The hotel is very clean and appears to be fairly new. They do advertise some type of special way the rooms are built to help with noise level and that was accurate. You do not hear anything going outside of your room, That was nice. The beds were so awful we could only stand it for two nights (we were supposed to stay four). My husband jumped on the bed being silly and he thought he was paralyzed for a few minutes...lol...the pool area is nice but only for children. It was very dark for some reason. The bar is a joke, 4 bucks for a beer and 5 bucks for a hard lemonade and they can only serve beer and wine..Don't waste your time going in there. The lobby area was ve ry small but very clean and nice. The one computer was not working most of the time. The breakfast area was very small, the items offered were ok. The tv's in the room were a joke with only 8 channels. They advertise a trout stream. We had a room with a balcony and I never seen a trout stream, just a dirty little creek. Twice I went to the front desk and had to wait for them to get off the phone for obvious personal calls. They were not overly friendly. We told them we were checking out because of the beds and we were never offered a different room, discount or ven an apology. The young man acted like he had heard this complaint many times.

Stayed July 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
North Dakota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2009

We picked this place because I had heard horror stories about some of the other hotels in the Dells and the reviews looked decent. Also, they offer a complimentary breakfast and would guarantee us adjoining rooms (which is hard to find). I really have no complaints about this place. I felt that the price was good if you compare it to some of the comparable hotels in the Dells. The breakfast was pretty good, offering waffles, sausage, hard boiled eggs, cereal, toast and donuts. I would have liked to see some fruit, but, oh well. It was very busy in the dining area but the last 3 hotels I've stayed at have been like that. It didn't help that there was 2 tour buses and all those people were there getting their breakfast as the same time as us. Some other reviews said the beds are hard, I was actually quite comfortable but maybe I got lucky with our room? My friend who travelled with us felt the staff was not very friendly but my experiences with them were quite good. I also was not disturbed by any noises at all, really, a first for me at a hotel! The pool was nothing to get excited about, but good for my younger boys, it wasn't real deep and they had a blast playing water-basketball with some other travelers. The pool area did have quite a bit of seating although it was pretty dark in there. Dark enough that I couldn't read my book while my kids were swimming! The rooms were a bit on the small side. The internet on the hotel computer was down the whole time we were there. Location was good, not too far from most Dells attractions. Most important for me, the hotel appeared very clean and well-maintained. We are planning a trip to the Dells again and I will most likely stay at the Americinn again.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2009

Many hotels in the Dells are "used-up" do to the numbers of tourists who constantly come for short stays. AmericInn appears new; it's very neat and clean. The location is great - right off the highway, by a gas station and about 2 blocks from Noah's Ark water park. The rooms on the "back" side of the hotel overlook a lovely woods. The breakfast has a wide variety of items: yogurt, waffles, cereal, toast, English muffins, fruit, etc. The beds are not the most comfortable in the room (a bit hard), but I am really the princess of pea lore, so for most the beds are probably fine. Cons are: breakfast is REALLY packed - may not be a table available for you; no wi-fi in rooms; computer in lobby was broken; wi-fi in lobby was WEAK; no cell reception in rooms.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with friends
Kentucky
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2009

If you like the "lodge" look, which I love, this hotel is gorgeous!! Rooms are very large, and spacious! The front desk staff we encountered, were all very helpful. They also have a free breakfast. However...as good as all that was....the beds are pathetic! When we walked in my daughter climbed up on the bed and plopped down. She said "uh...Mommy...these beds don't bounce". We decided they want to give the outdoor ambience all the way around...so you feel like you're sleeping on the ground. The worst part though, was the noise. We went to bed about midnight, and many times during the night, we were woke up by laughing and yelling out in the halls.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Fertile, IA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2009

I am a member of the AmericInn VIP club and reserved 2 rooms. Immediately a deposit was taken out of my checking account. Rooms were $89.00 each and we had them for 2 nights. We arrived prior to 6:00 pm and paid for both rooms in CASH. The Americinn in Wisconsinn Dells had already taken out of my checking account $299.00 for one room and $189.00 for the second room. Our entire stay was not equal to that much. Since I used a debit card, this money was 'on hold' in my account for over a week. We certainly would have enjoyed using that money for our vacation. We were also charged an overdraft because I didn't expect that money to be taken out, especially since we paid in cash, and I was short by $5.00; a direct deposit was made at midnight. Never again will I stay at THAT AmericInn. I never had that problem with other AmericInn.

• Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2009

My family decided at the last minute to take a quick trip to the Dells. Wondering what I could find without spending a fortune and with 24 hours notice, I began my search. The pictures looked inviting and I was able to reserve a room with two queen beds for $59. So what did I find? First, the pictures are an exact representation of what it really is! Yes, it is as nice, clean and inviting as the pictures look! We arrived an hour and a half before check- in time. The lady at the front desk told me not to worry and asked if the second floor would work for us. She quickly adjusted our reserved room and in less than 5 minutes we had a key card. The room was very clean and comfortable. Worth noting is that you will need to bring an eternet cable because the rooms are not wireless. There are actually two indoor heated pools, a whirlpool and a sauna. The second pool is a kiddie pool that is really nicely designed for the younger ones. The pool is less than a foot deep and features a small slide, buckets that dump water, and sprayers. The main pool has a basketball net for some fun. They were all very clean and nice! My only complaint with our entire stay was the beds. They are VERY firm and do not give at all. We only stayed for one night so it wasn't too bad. More than one night and you may want to consider somewhere else if that matters to you. I'm not a complainer but they really are firm!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
Orland Park, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2009

Stayed here for one night on Dec. 13. Was not sure about Americinn as we had never stayed at one before. Booked here as an AARP rate was available and the photos of the premises looked nice. I know photos don't always offer a true picture, but these pictures were excellent examples of what was offered. Mom, dad and 2 children occupied the room. Room including bathroom was very clean. Microwave and refrig were clean also. Continental breakfast was decent with offerings of fresh hot waffles, toast, bagels, cereal, hard boiled eggs, sausage links, coffee, OJ, apple juice and select fresh fruit. Pool area was nice even though we did not use it. Nearby stores and shopping.
I am a picky person when it comes to cleanliness and value and this Americinn at Wisconsin Dells passed. Definite value at this Americinn. Would recommend based on our experience and would stay here again.

• Liked — Cleanliness.
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to AmericInn Lodge & Suites Wisconsin Dells? Share your experiences!