“Terrible place to stay” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #23 of 78 hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Onalaska, Wisconsin, United States
“Terrible place to stay”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

We stayed recently and had taken the "jacuzzi suite." What a failure on their part. The staff was average and not very congenial. Our fireplace was broken and the staff didn't know how to fix it nor did they reassure us that we would be compensated for not being able to use the fireplace. There were teenagers that sat right outside our room just chatting and we had to ask the staff to ask them to leave our door side. I've stayed at many hotels and this was one of the worst. I would not recommend anyone staying there. We payed $200 for that room that had tube televisions, cheap bedding, and a non-working fireplace.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

177 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Waukesha
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

This was our fourth stay in past few years. Very clean and comfortable. Good value with an excellent continental breakfast. We had stayed across the road at the Best Western for many years, but decided to try Americinn and have made this our hotel of choice since.

Room Tip: Try the balcony rooms on the backside during fall or spring and watch the deer and other wildlife ou...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

Very nice hotel near downtown Dells and main street EVERYTHING. This hotel is clean and confortable with a nice spread of breakfast items and lots of protien choices. Also, during off peak Dells season, this hotel offers an all you care to eat (till gone) pizza & pasta bar which can be enjoyed by everyone at dinner time. They serve soda, beer and wine for a cost. Rooms are comfortable but are showing some wear. There are plenty of restaurants and bars within walking distance. This place is great for business travelers as well as families since they offer free waterpark passes to Chula Vista which has a great indoor waterpark. The only down side is their fitness room had a non working tredmill and a bike, they could use an equipment update. I would stay here again though for the price.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
McHenry, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

This hotel goes above and beyond. We have been there 2 xs now and will be going again in may cant wait to get back . you need to check it out. OH wait maybbe not i want to keep my room and if the word gets out there my be no rooms for me . so maybe you should stay else where so i always get my room ;). have a nice trip they were awesome

Room Tip: breakfast was hot and good lots to choose form pool is great for kids
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Clearwater Beach,FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

The motel has a great breakfast. Almost anything you would want. Whenever I talked to the staff at the desk, they were very kind and informative about thngs to do and the rewards club. The weekend prices, even thought higher, were not double like some of the motels in the area .
The beds were somewhat hard but that was okay. I would consider this place again if I return to the area.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

I usually like to budget on hotels when I travel, and am not that picky when it comes to where I stay, so all in all I did not think this hotel was that bad. We decided to stay here for our vacation because the free Chula Vista passes were a big selling point for us. I do not regret staying here because we did get a lot of use out of them, and that alone saved us a lot of money. The lobby is beautiful, and the breakfast was very good. I know others have complained about the Wifi in certain rooms, but in ours it actually worked quite well, and at quick speeds. The only things I didn't like about the room were the beds were very, very hard and uncomfortable. We also found a red hair tie on the floor that did not belong to anyone in our room!! There was no door on our safe, which didn't really bother me because we did not plan on using it anyway, but for someone who would, this would obviously be very inconvenient. The people at the front desk were very friendly and answered all of our questions. If you need a quick place to stay and want free water park passes, then this is the place for you. But I know there are a lot of other places in the Dells with cleaner rooms and better beds.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

We stayed here a few years ago, and it has gone downhill since then. The rooms really need some updating. There was mildew all over the white shower curtain. The sheets were scratchy and the pillows were small and lumpy. I asked the front desk for an extra blanket and pillow and she said they didn't have any. Wi-fi does not work in the rooms, the front desk said it is because they are "solid block construction." On a positive note, we enjoyed the breakfast. I think we will stay somewhere else next time.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to AmericInn Lodge & Suites Wisconsin Dells? Share your experiences!