“Cheap and Clean” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #35 of 78 hotels in Wisconsin Dells
cherneyben
“Cheap and Clean”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2007

We stayed four week nights during the peak season and it only cost $193. The staff was friendly and rooms were clean. The building decor is out of date, but if your someone looking for a cheap, safe place to stay while enjoying all the dells has to offer this is it. I don't know why people waste money on an expensive room when so little time will be spent in it. This place is was just fine as far as I'm concerned.

• Liked — The service and price.
  • Disliked — They decor is out dated, but thts no biggy.
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

16 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2006

My partner and I planned a three-night stay in the Dells (which we had been to many times before) and wanted a cheaper hotel as we had a limited budget for this trip up. Of several motels that my partner looked at as really cheap, she decided on the Twi-Lite as our destination of choice. All in all, for the amount we paid per night, I can't complain too much. I didn't expect a lot and my expectations were (for the most part) met.

The room was clean throughout our stay and, although we thought it might be too small upon first glance, the room size didn't bother us much since we only spent time in the room to sleep anyway. There was a functional fridge and microwave and a TV with a rather robust channel lineup. Lighting in the room was good and the only real complaint I had with the room was the bathroom. There was very little shelf space to put toiletries in the bathroom and the sink was all-or-nothing on the strength of the water flow. Additionally, and this was one thing that really hurt my opinion of the Twi-Lite, was that part-way through our stay, we ran out of toilet paper and there were no spares in the motel room at all! I had to go to the office in the early morning and get a fresh roll. I think that if the staff could replace the bedsheets and towels in the bathroom, they could have checked if we had enough toilet paper as well. Additionally, and this is a more minor point, there was no shampoo supplied by the motel either, but they did put out two little soaps for our use.

The location is rather nice, right on Parkway across from the Moosejaw Pizza and Brewing Co. It is the Dells, and it is right on Parkway, so if you want a quiet, out-of-the-way stay, this may not be right for you. However, my partner and I love the sounds of traffic going by and had no problem sleeping at all.

Additionally, when we stayed we received a free Wisconsin Dells Fun Card (worth $10!) that we got a lot of use out of and saved a fair bit of money with the buy-one-get-one-free offers on it. There were many brochures and coupons inside the office for attractions and restaurants as well.

It wouldn't be my first choice for a place to stay in the Dells, but if I were on a tight budget I wouldn't be uncomfortable choosing or recommending the Twi-Lite in the future.

• Liked — Very cheap motel
  • Disliked — Noticable lack of toilet paper
  • Tips/Secrets — Pretty good motel for the price, but bring a spare roll of TP.
  • Stayed June 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Madison wI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2006

Helen is a very nice Russian single mother whom i have been doing business with since 2000. She is very pruod of her motel and does keep it in decent shape given it's age. I have stayed there several times in those years and every time, Helen is SOO nice, she always gives me the off season rate, even when I go in season and she has always welcomed me there. When i got married in 2005, i took my husband there and even HE liked it!
I recommend this motel to anyone who is trying to experience the dells WITHOUT the high price tag and WITH all the service that most 5 star hotels don't give you!

• Stayed May 2005
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2003

We just returned from 3 nights at Twi-Lite Motel. We had a great rate with a 3ft fridge and microwave. The small pool was warm, had a slide and diving board. There was plenty of tables and chairs around the pool and outside your room to relax in. This is a very small property and very quiet. The owner, Helen, is very accommodating for any requests. Will definately stay there again!!

Been to Twi-Lite Motel? Share your experiences!