“Quiet, clean and affordable” 5 of 5 stars

Twi-Lite Motel
111 Wisconsin Dells Pkwy. S., Wisconsin Dells, WI 53965   |
Ranked #37 of 78 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Saint Cloud, Minnesota
“Quiet, clean and affordable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

My family was spending a lot of money to stay at the Dells Water Park. I made a reservation at Twi-Lite and was very pleased. I had stayed there about ten years ago and it is still as clean and comfortable as it was then. Ma and Pa operation away from the hustle and bustle, although there was a lot of road construction and difficult to find at first. I hope I can stay there the next time I visit The Dells.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Crivitz, Wisconsin, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

Had an upstairs room. Could see light through crack in door-jam to the next room. Thin walls, room smelled old. Was not clean, there was a thick layer of dust on outlet behind dresser. Got the password for WI-FI but it would not work. There were people who lived there outside on the balcony talking loudly & partying. Their voices and music kept my husband and I awake. Owner was friendly. My husband is very casual about our hotel stays and even he commented that it was not clean or the best stay.... My advice is to go somewhere else. Won't be going back.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

I have been coming to the dells with my family since i was 6 years old and every time we would go there we would ONLY stay at one place and thats the Twi-Lite. Over the years the owner has became pretty much like family to us. She makes you feel welcomed everytime and always has great deals on her rooms. The place is pretty much ran by family so you can always feel right at home. The rooms remind me of a cabin, all the walls are wood so it gives a different feel to it compaired to other motels. They have a nice outside pool and a wooden play set that have been there since i was a kid! Its located in a very convenient location, with Moose Jaw across the street and my personal fav. Marys next door, you'll never go hungry! Please be advised that the picture that is up is not the property.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Wabeno, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

We did a family vacation this year,there was 10 of us,so we decided to stay at the twilight motel to save money,it was a good price,but the rooms were a big disappointment,very musty smelling no phone,my daughters room had no light bulbs in the lamps.we had a big problem wth fruit flys an flys in our rooms and when i told the owner she came in with a can of spray and sprayed aroud each window,which did no good so we had to go out and get our own spray.very run down,it needs alot of inprovements..the good thing was the pool.

Room Tip: check out other motels
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
WI
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2011

Stayed here to save money so we could just do some attractions--didn't want a water park this year... anyway, we had printed up a coupon from the internet stay 2 nights get the 3rd for half off---well, the owner wouldn't take it--said that it was supposed to be 3 nights 4th for half off and that they messed up on the internet... didn't believe her but oh well... the pool was fun for the kids and we really only needed it to sleep... it was clean but the one room had a weird smell. We had adjoining rooms---the bathrooms were clean just showers no bath... the airconditioning units had tape on them and the fridges in both rooms worked but not real well.. Overall it did what we needed and that was just a place to sleep but probably wouldn't stay here again.. We saw a bunch of other motels and hotels that looked better...

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Waukesha, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2011

The motel is old and pretty run down. It is in major need of updating and the rooms have a funny smell. The price is pretty cheap and discounted attraction tickets are available which is the only good thing about the motel. My family and I stayed 2 nights and both nights we were kept awake until all hours of the morning with loud banging, running, and pounding above our room. The first night we mentioned the noise problem to the owner and she said she would take care of the problem. The second night was worse. I guess what we paid to stay for 2 nights was not important enough to recify the problem with the people above us since they were paying to live there!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Woodbury, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2011

My friends and I just recently stayed at Twi-Lite Motel and we loved it. Yeah it's not as fancy as the other hotels around the Dells, but Twi-Lite is super cheap and you get great discounts on water park tickets. We got discounted tickets for at Noah's Ark and she also has discounted tickets for Mt. Olympus too. And for us going to a water park all day, it didn't really matter if the room was fancy or not. We are definitely coming back here next year for our next Noah's Ark trip!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Twi-Lite Motel? Share your experiences!