“I love this place” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 77 hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Chicago, Illinois
“I love this place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

I have read the reviews and I think this is a Very nice comfortable,safe not prejudice as other's have put on here. I love it. I and my partner are african american and have visited with Sunset several times. I think that they corrected the problem by giving him a free night. i understand all the arguing back and forth but you missed a treat. sure it's not where the dells are. that's the part i like about it. It's so many things i want to compliment them on. Very clean and the guy is up like 6-7 am cleaning it is clean by the time most ppl wake up. A nice quiet into yourself/partner to enjoy. They named it right SUNSET's are great i use them as my sceensaver to remember. i'll be back really soon Sunset cause the hustle and bustle from chicago i need a get away right now.. i'm about to click my heels and see what happens. Life is what you make it. thanks SUNSET.you're doing alright by me pool, private beach,grills quiet.

Room Tip: we have had several rooms upstairs and down by the pool. corner's
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

349 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Vancouver, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

We recently stayed here as part of a large family reunion, and were very pleased with the helpful, friendly staff, and comfortable accomodations. There is a variety of room types to choose from to meet everyones needs. The Canyon Room, which we had reserved, was perfect for our group gathering spot. The location is near restaurants and activities, but in a quiet and relaxing setting - not in the middle of the hectic waterpark strip. We enjoyed the outdoor pool and the lakeside setting.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012 via mobile

We picked this hotel based on the wonderful deal we got. We received so many bonuses for our money. It was quiet and away from all the noise and crowds of the dells but close enough that the drive wasn't bad.

• Stayed July 2012
Issaquah, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

We greatly enjoyed our recent stay at Baker's Sunset Bay Resort for a family reunion. The resort is conveniently located and well-maintained. The staff was pleasant and very accomodating with our special requests. The Canyon room was perfect for a gathering area which we had access to our entire stay. The condos we stayed in were clean and very comfortable. I highly recommend the Baker's Sunset Bay Resort if you are looking to stay at a location off of the main Wisconsin Dells drag.

Room Tip: We stayed on the first floor and our room was very quiet. You couldn't hear the neighbors at al...
West Lafayette, Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

I stayed here last month and immediately upon driving in, I thought the property was pretty nice. When I went to check in, they told me my price was much higher than the email confirmation I had received, one of the office women, was very rude and degrading, I don't know if the fact I was African American, had something to do with it, but it was very discouraging. They didn't have a receipt for me in the system and she kept shoving a book in my face saying "this is the accurate price, what you've been quoted is wrong". I had to pull the receipt via my phone email to prove to her the accurate amount. When I went to speak to the owner the next day, she said the worker was new and gave me a refund of one of my nights. (I checked out immediately the next morning). The rooms were OK, a bit dated, and the property was nice, a bit far from everything in the Dells, but I was very uncomfortable here.

Room Tip: I think the newer large suites are probably very nice.
, Owner at Baker's Sunset Bay Resort, responded to this review, July 12, 2012
Mr. Dixon,
I am so very sorry that you had that experience at our hotel. The person that checked you in was new but that is no excuse for making you feel uncomfortable. I don't know how your rate got changed in our system and that is not something that we do. I'm sorry you left and wish we could have made your stay more of what you expected.
Dawn Baker
Owner / General Manager
Sunnyvale, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

Enjoyed the experience at your resort. The rooms were comfortable and spacious. Your attention to our needs for time we were there was much appreciated. Any time we had any special requests, they were granted quickly and timely. The location was just what we were looking fo. Close to the attractions, but far enough away to be quiet. We were made welcome at all times.

Room Tip: The condo units we had were excellent.
Indianapolis, IN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

If you want to be away from the hustle and bustle of the Dells main drags, but near enough for convenience, and you appreciate having a beach and a view of the lake, this is a great place for you. Everyone we encountered was nice. The indoor and outdoor pools were both nice, and had good hours (7am to midnight). Free tickets to the Kalahari Indoor Theme Park (the one with a rope course and go karts -- lots of fun, but note this isn't a water park); free use of kayaks, rowboats, and ping pong. The beach is large enough for volleyball, teatherball, ping pong, with space enough for folks to just hang out or build a sand castle.
The rooms were clean, but older furnishings, appliances, and accents. The entire property either had a strong citrus smell from the cleaners they use or else a slightly musty odor, so avoid this place if you are a pregnant woman. One day it took them until after 3 to clean our room, but it got done and they left us lots of supplies.
Overall, a great stay/'value. Would go back again.

Room Tip: The king suite is where we stayed and they are all good, because they are all on the top floor with...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Baker's Sunset Bay Resort? Share your experiences!