“This place is horrible, do not give them service!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park Camp-Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Wisconsin Dells
Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park Camp-Resort
PO Box 510, Wisconsin Dells, WI 53965   |
Hotel deals
“This place is horrible, do not give them service!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

This place was horrible. From the minute we arrived we had problems. The man at the front station did not speak English fluently. We spend 40 minutes trying to check in and he kept trying to over charge. We had tried to make a reservation before getting to the campgrounds and the site didnt register it. I had tried calling to check if the reservation went through and no one answered the phone after trying for two days and leaving voicemails. No one returned a call either. Once arriving the estimate I was told online was completely off. For a site with water and electricity I was quoted $240 and when we got here I was told it would be $350. That is a major difference. I was also trying to get a site near my sister's site for my daughters who were using a tent.. I was told that pop-up sites and tent sites are in totally different parts of the campground. My daughters had to stay at least a five minute walk away by themselves when all the food and coolers were by our campsite. Not mention you're basically paying for a parking spot not a site. There is no room or privacy at all. For a campground aimed towards little kids this was not a kid friendly place. There was no room on the site for the kids to play! The only thing for them to do to get out their energy was to swim to which they have to be constantly supervised and it was chilly some days so there was nothing else to do. To top that off our site had a huge cliff behind it with no fencing whatsoever. This is extremely unsafe for younger children. They would have to be supervised AT ALL TIMES. It would be way to easy for a child to slip and fall. They would get very hurt as this was not a small hill but an actual cliff off of woods with a huge drop off. There was a small park by our site with swings and a plastic play park, they must not have any maintenance because the second my nephew sat on the swing it broke. The swing set was so rusty. The bathrooms were a whole other story. They were far and small. There were only 3 stalls for all the campers in our area and not to mention small children can not hold it for the walk there. When little ones have to go they have to go. It would have been nice for them to invest in more bathrooms spread out even if it's only a few stalls each. The main attraction was the pool areas, which looked amazing from the website. In real life the pool was small and did not accommodate the amount of campers there. The staff was not very friendly even towards the kids during the activities and seemed very unhappy to be there. The person dressed as Cindy bear was a man and he was talking to another staff member out of character right in front of the little kids.. Not very appealing to children who think she is an actual cartoon character in real life. My sister also had the same problems. Checking in was a disaster and they tried charging her extra to keep my car at the ranger station that was actually going to be on the other campsite I was getting for my daughters but the man at the front couldn't understand because he didnt speak English. She also had the "red carpet" package which was supposed to come with electricity, water, a grill, and a free drink. The grill was a small square you would see like the ones at the beach. Definitely not red carpet if you ask me. Also, she never got the drink. You will not be able to sleep because of the noise from the highway so don't plan on it. Also there is absolutely no lights anywhere at night and it's pitch black. Every other yogi or campground like this has has at least lights for the campers or very dim street lights. I have been to other Jellystone parks before and I have never had so many problems as at this one. I recommend the Amboy or Milbrook location much more! DON'T WASTE YOU'RE TIME OR MONEY! Too overpriced!

100 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

This was way overpriced for what you get. Looked great on the website but those must be old pictures. The pool is very small for the size of the campground so it was crowded and no fun. The kids play area was good my 3 yr old liked it. The hay ride was probably the best part. The mini golf area was dirty, over grown with weeds and had garbage and beer cans in the weeds! We paid extra to be in an area where the characters were supposed to walk around to see the kids and I didn't see one the whole weekend. I would not go back to that campground.

• Stayed July 2012
Calamus, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

We made the trip to Yogi Bear on the spur of the moment and called on our cell phone on the way up for reservations. Wednesday was the perfect day to arrive as the park was not crowed. We were greeted at the Park by Yogi and Santa Claus walking down the drive..Wahoo was our 4 year old grand son excited! The staff at the park was always very friendly and smiling, even tho we wondered sometimes if they understood what we said.
The pool was small and had 3 sided basketball hoop and it was frightening to think our child might get hit in the head with the ball,,,so we tried to keep him by the floating log. He did enjoy the children's 8 inch deep pool area with the waterside and various falling water features also...that area did not have any unberellas at all so made sitting in the sun HOT...and watching the semis go by on the interstate was relativily distracting....perhaps some kind of fence around that side of the water park might have been nice for ambience!
Camping we were given a spot right next to the restrooms so used the showers there instead of using our rv. Showers were very hot had tremendous power so previous complaints have now been fixed!!! We stayed inside with our curtain closed in the evening with the air running as that highway noise kept me up all night (even with a pillow over my head)...did not bother my husband at all. If I stayed again I would have to bring ear plugs!
Our child had fun with the other children and his favorite thing was of coarse the log in the pool.
We were amazed with the selection of food, drinks and anything else you could want to buy.
Over all a nice experience for the little one ...and that is why we went!

La Crosse WI
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

We stayed in a camper her for three nights. The check in process was painless although I am glad I didn't have any questions because the employee would have had a hard time understanding them. Our campsite was big enough and the gravel pad was level but the rest of the site was very uneven. It was at least 4 feet below the pad and undulated. The water spigot was a considerable distance from my water intake so I had to buy a longer hose (50 ft). The pool was nice though rather small for the size of the campground but we were there during the week so it was fine. The pool had a bar but the drinks were very overpriced. We did not use the food facility. We knew the campground was by the interstate going into the stay and yes it is a steady noisy background if you are out of your camper. The grounds were well kept and the restrooms were clean. All of the employees we encounter were eager to please but difficult to understand. All in all it is a decent campground if you have young kids. They had costumed characters there every day and the kids there seemed to have a great time with them. My kids are teenagers and weren't impressed. We would not go back for a second visit.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in a yurt at jelly stone. We have stayed in yurts before and they are so cute. This one was interesting. There are real mattresses in there. Like not camping mattresses that are covered in plastic. I'm sorry, but that's gross. Also the fire pit was filled w garbage. The bathrooms are pretty gross looking. And the sound of the highway keeps me up. Not white noise.... Just plain loud. Perks are the pool and water area are fun for the kids and they seem to have a lot of kid activities. I'm not sure we will stay here again. I would rather go to door county and stay in a yurt at wagon trail campground. Better yurts and super clean bathrooms.

Cuba City, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

This was our second trip to Yogi Bear's campground, we were pleased last year and decided to come again this year. Although the noise from the highway was incredibly loud and it was hard to hear each other around the campfire at night, overall the stay was pleasant. The kids loved the playground, "hey ride", and pool activities. The bathrooms and all areas were kept quite clean. If I went back again next year, I would try and get a cabin away from the highway. We would go back as the kid's really enjoyed it. The staff is very nice as well.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

This location is very crowded. The streets are narrow and sites are close together. The are not very level either. We reserved a electric and water site and when we arrived we found out that our only had 20 amp power...we needed 30 amps. They moved us to another site that did offer 30 amp power but the pedestal was broken. After backing into our third site we were finally able to hook up. The site is so unlevel that our campers rear bumper is almost touching the ground (33 ft travel trailer). I would never stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013

Been to Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park Camp-Resort? Share your experiences!