“Don't Waste Your Money This Place Is a Dump!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park Camp-Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Wisconsin Dells
Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park Camp-Resort
You added Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park Camp-Resort to your Saves list
PO Box 510, Wisconsin Dells, WI 53965   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
$45 W/E Campsite!
Hartland, Wi
“Don't Waste Your Money This Place Is a Dump!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2011

My family and I planned a vacation here based on the information and pictures given on the website. We were very excited about the trip until we pulled onto the camp grounds. Our Ranger Family Lodge was literally falling apart, the bottom half of it was caved in and cracked. There was trash around the fire pit and area outside our lodge. We thought we would check out the pool area and mini golf, trying to be optimistic for the kids, which both had scenic views of I-94 (the freeway) and looked dirty and broke down. Nothing about this camp-resort was how it appeared online. We were so disappointed, my kids were crying begging not to stay here. I talked with the owner and he refunded us 75% of our stay. We booked 3 nights here, and I lost out on $135.00 which made me even more upset. I do not want to give one dollar of my hard earned money to this place. I paid $135.00 to drive through this camp to get all our hopes up and listen to crying kids. Along with that came the stress of finding a place last minute in the Dells that had occupancy for us. The website is extremely deceiving and nothing is how it looks. This camp is a joke, and a complete waste of money if you are looking to enjoy a relaxing stay. The Ranger Family Lodges are all lined up in a row just feet away from each other. No camping feel about this place, looked like a broke down trailer park. The staff was difficult to understand, and it was very frustrating trying to get a hold of the person I needed to talk to. This was a terrible start to a very much looked forward to vacation, and gives a terrible name to the JellyStone Park Brand. Dells JellyStone did not stand up to any expections they promised on the website, and did nothing but cause me and my family problems and disappointment. Due to this experience, I can promise that we will never be booking another vacation at a JellyStone Park Camp Ground. I would like to assume not all are as bad as the Dells location, but it is unfortunate that we had this experience here. I can not imagine ever recommending this place to anyone I know.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Waterloo, Iowa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2011

This was the most over priced dump that I have been to. We came in on a Thursday after staying in a hotel for a couple days and I sent my kids up to the laundry room to see how many washers and dryers they had. Of the two washers one worked and of the four dryers, only one worked. The bathroom at check in was nasty and dirty. No TP in any of the stalls and the sinks were disgusting. The boat rentals are not within walking distance of our campsite. The sites are cramped over priced. Our sewer was full when we went to go hook into it, our water was in the neighbors site and their electricity was in ours. The staff was ok, but refused to clean up some vomit at the side of the hot tub. The bugs were nasty, they could easily put down some pesticide to help!
Pool was ok, but very crowded, life guards had no clue what was going on. Most didn't understand English. Free Internet didn't work 75% of the time that we were there. WILL NEVER go back!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2011 via mobile

We had stayed at a Yogi Bear campground in Virginia it was an awesome experience, lots of things to do for the kids a real family oriented enviroment. This one however was the exact opposite. The staff were under trained and just plain RUDE. Other problems were the fact not enough activites for the kids. And the activities they did have cost extra, that's after paying over 300 dollars for a cabin which has not heat, air, or running water. It was so bad we actually left a day early and ain't the extra nights fee.

• Stayed May 2011
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2011

Me and my family had a blast at yogi bear this summer, we rented a boo boo chalet and it was fun. There are tons of things to do for the kids like
• swimming
• mini golfing
• golf cart riding
Great service and friendly staff!!!!

• Stayed July 2010
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2010

I was nervous to go camping here because of all the bad reviews, however I had a great time and experienced none of the negative things that were stated in these reviews.

I didn't find the campsites to be too small or close together. We easily fit a very large and a small tent and 2 cars in our camp spot with lots of extra room for chairs, a table etc. We had a corner spot so there was only one person next to us and there was plenty of distance in between.

Yes, the campsite is near a highway and there are some spots that are literally next to the highway. However, we chose a spot that was furthest away from the highway and didn't hear any highway noise. If you going to camp here I'd recommend you ask for a spot that is not by the highway when you make your reservation.

The bathrooms were kept clean and there are lots of activities for kids to do here. They also have store with everything you need and they sell firewood, ice etc which was nice.

I saw alot of people saying quiet time was not enforced. But, around 10:30 the ranger did come around and let everyone know it was "quiet time" and asked us to turn off our radio. From then on it was very quiet around there...it seemed like everyone went to sleep pretty early except for us!

There are 2 pool areas: a regular pool with a water slide and a kiddie pool area. Yes, the regular pool was crowded but still enjoyable. There were several lifeguards on duty and we found the staff to be helpful. Just a side note: I saw alot of complaints about the workers being foreign...that's how it is in the Dells! Most of the workers come in from other countries for the summer through a college exchange program...deal with it!

All in all this is a great place to camp for people who have kids or for people who want to camp without "roughing it" too much. I'd definitely come back!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
Beloit, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2010

The sites are too small for tent and car!! There was rotten food in our site. The waterpark was too small and no lifeguards on duty. The camp site had a horrible odor. Someone kept running by and shining flashlights in the tent. The management didn't care and said it was our responsibility to call for maintenance and security. Management was rude just like the rest of the staff.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Springfield, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2010

We stayed here with a 27 foot travel trailer with a slide out. The sites are small and your neighbors are on top of you. The quiet hours are not enforced and we had a sight that backed up to the highway. The noise was very loud at night. The activities for the kids were great. They had a great water park for younger children age 5 and 11. I'm not sure the older kids would enjoy the small slides. They had mini golf and other activities as well. The campground was clean. We would stay here again and request a site away from the highway.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

Been to Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park Camp-Resort? Share your experiences!