“Huge Disappointment!” 3 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Wisconsin
“Huge Disappointment!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2009

First of all, even though our room was ready, for some reason, they refused to let us in until right at 3 o'clock. Give us a break, we were only there ten minutes early! And I'm going to assume that the average people who like this motel either have no kids or only a couple. We, on the other hand, had a group totalling nine, with six of them being kids and teens. The management made it clear right away that they didn't care for kids. The manager, or I'm assuming that's who he was, came outside to where we were when we came, as we were waiting for our room, and started pacing and glaring at us. Ok... I don't know what we did, but it appeared to me like he didn't want us on his property, even though we could've been in the rooms that WE payed for if they had just let us in ten minutes early!!! The game room is a joke. Ok, the kids thought, wow, cool, a game room. Calling it a game room is like calling a Super 8 a resort. It was a hole-in-the wall room, almost a last-thought sort of thing, with three games, two of which didn't even work. We didn't try the third one, though. For a hotel, though, the pool wasn't terrible, except we were afraid to enter the building because of the 'mean management'. I kid you not, they were afraid to go swimming because of him. The swingset was in bad condition, and you could almost feel it beginning to break as you swung on it. Who knows what management would've done if we had broken it! Trust me, look elsewhere if you have children.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2009

I want to say that first of all the female owner of the hotel was very very nice when we got there she was at the desk and she had on a beautiful dress that looked really well on her. She was a bit worried because she had expected us a day earlier but the whole while that we were there the staff and the both owners were very nice and polite to us. The hotel was very retro. We loved the pink and white tiled bathroom, the room was clean and nice. We were there during the off season but we found the whole experience to be wonderful. I called my son while I was there and told him that this was a good place for a family vacation. I will recommend this hotel to anyone that wants a nice place to stay where the staff is attentive and care about the people that are spending their money. I forgot to mention the jacuzzi and pool wow...My husband and I enjoyed that too.
I am late with this review but here it is. I loved it and will recommend it to anyone that needs a new place to visit for a vacation. THANK YOU .......BRENDA AND JOHN MORTON. KENTUCKY

• Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2008

We stayed at the Indian Trail for the Autumn Harvest Fest. The place is clean, really clean, and simple. I looked for a place within stumbling distance of all the Downtown stuff, and this was it. It is about 6 blocks from the first restaurant/bar. If you like screaming noisy kids, go stay at a $100 plus per night water park. This place won't facilitate fifty kids in the pool. The Indian Trail is a great deal in an excellent location. 58 bucks after taxes and a clean big room. It's all good.

• Stayed October 2008
chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2008

Hi everyone! Just back from the Dells and stayed at the Indian Trails Motel on the recommendation of several trip advisor readers. I was not disappointed. Even though the motel rooms are in need of a serious upgrade it was super clean, the air conditioner worked wonderfully and it had everything I needed. (Frig, micro, hair dryer). I stayed in an economy 1 bed room. The economy rooms are located in a 4 room unit which sits behind the motel. It reminded me of a summer camp cabin, but so what? You're there to spend your money on other fun things, not sleeping. The majority of the motel faces Broadway Street and is about 4 blocks from downtown dells. My son and his girlfriend walked downtown several times a day just for the exercise. I loved the sheer land that the motel sat on . A beautiful nature trail, outdoor/indoor swimming pool and nice landscaping. Also, there is a restaurant that sits on the grounds. The motel is stocked with plenty of info on the dells activities and restaurants. Personal favorite was Famous Daves which is located downtown on Broadway. Just be prepared when you check in to pay your bill up front.

Crystal Thornton
Chicago, Il

Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2008

Second stay in two years at the Indian Trail Motel, Wisconsin Dell, WI.
Still Great!
Clean, quiet and well maintained.
Good staff and great pools, lanscapping and location.
Better news: They have upgraded their internet (WIFI) in all areas of the motel buildings and is fast and free.
STAY HERE WHEN YOU ARE IN THE DELLS!

• Liked — Great Motel Americana!
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Staten Island, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2008

My boyfirend and I stayed at Indian Trail for one night while in the Dells. Our room was great! It was spacious and clean.The bed was comfortable and we liked being able to park right in front of our room.

We were in a building facing the outdoor pool which looked great but we did not have time to use it. We did enjoy the indoor pool and hottub. They looked brand new. The pool and hottub had plenty of room and the temperture of both were perfect!

The overall appearance was wonderful- clean- and well kept grounds. We wish we would have had more time to enjoy the property.

The workers were kind and accommodating and seemed to care about each visitor.

The price was a deal and I would definitly stay here again and recommend the property to everyone.

Location was conviently located from downtown dells but yet far enough from the noise and craziness.

Can't wait to go back to Indian Trail!

• Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2008

This place was perfect for our family trip. The rates were low and they have a Noah's Ark package (four free tickets with two nights stay). Going here was like stepping back in time, in a good way. The room, including the bathroom, was super clean. The indoor and outdoor pools were nice. I even used the laundry facilities and they were clean and cheap. The only complaint is that our AC unit in our room produced a very musty smell. We only needed to run it at night, so it wasn't a big problem. You do have to drive through downtown to get here. That can be a plus or minus depending on how you look at it. We enjoyed it, because we wanted to spend some time downtown anyway. Staying here allowed us to spend money on activities and great food.

• Liked — Super clean, package deal, low prices.
  • Disliked — Stinky AC unit.
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Indian Trail Motel? Share your experiences!