“A good value stay - beware of reservation reliability” 4 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1013 E. Broadway, Wisconsin Dells, WI 53965   |
Special Offer
Free Noah's Ark Passes!
Ranked #16 of 72 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
“A good value stay - beware of reservation reliability”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

I stayed at the Indian Trail with my Wife and Toddler son this past weekend.

The biggest problem, which turned out to be a non-issue for me was an issue with my room reservation:

I made my reservation on Expedia several weeks before my stay. I called two days in advance of my stay to confirm my reservation. The man I spoke to told me he did not have a reservation for me, so I gave him my Expedia confirmation number. He told me he looked it up on Expedia and, sure enough, he can see my reservation with the motel, but it was in an "unconfirmed" status on his end (everything looked normal on my end, like I had a room booked). He told me that he would get it straightened out and that I would have a room ready for me when I arrived. I arrived on the day of my stay and checked in at the front desk. The woman working the desk told me I did not have a room booked. I told her the story of my phone conversation with the man - she told me "there's no man here, only a woman" (OK lady, then who did I speak with . . .) I showed her my Expedia confirmation on my phone and she found a room for me. Luckily, there were vacancies otherwise I may not have gotten a room. This issue will make me very hesitant to book a room with them in the future. At least I won't do it with a website, I'll just call them - old-school style.

The room:

The room was sufficient for our needs. We aren't terribly picky, though. The flooring and decor was dated - pink toilet & tub, for example. There was a cheap, but functional fridge and microwave. There was a tube-style TV (that we never turned on). There was a queen size bed and an old two-seater sofa. There was enough room in the Bedroom/living room area for a Pack & play to be set up and a perimeter of 2 or 3 feet around it in any direction. There's a wall-unit Air Conditioner. Good enough.

The biggest issue we had with the room is that there are translucent windows beneath the main windows which aren't covered by curtains. This lets a lot of light into the room during the night (from outdoor lighting). We like it dark in the room, so this was annoying.

The Amenities:

There's an outdoor pool, which is nice, but our Toddler didn't really like it other than to play on the steps. Other locations have more toddler friendly splash and play areas. There's an indoor pool and hot tub, but we didn't use that stuff. There's an american-style restaurant next to the motel that looked nice, but we didn't eat there. There are supposedly charcoal grilles somewhere, but we didn't see any.

Summary:

All in all, the place is sufficient for a weekend family getaway to the Dells. The place was cheap enough ($360-ish for 3 nights Thurs-Sun in the early summer) that I can overlook the shortcomings. My biggest concern, as noted above was their ability to take and hold a reservation (kind of important). Next time I come to the Dells, I'll probably shop around for a different motel, but wouldn't have a problem staying here again if they are significantly cheaper.

Room Tip: Book your room by calling, not using a website like Expedia.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Info4Dells, Owner at Indian Trail Motel, responded to this review, October 26, 2014
FlatBot – I’m incredibly sorry about the confusion with your room reservation. Please know that what you observed is not normal for us and does not meet with the expectations we have set for providing exceptional guest service. The issues you brought forward have been addressed with Expedia. Lastly, thank you for the detailed feedback regarding your room. This helps us to determine which areas to improve on so your next stay is perfect. We hope your family will choose to stay with us again in the future. Take care.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Elkhorn, Wisconsin, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

I cannot begin to express what a value this motel really is. To start, they offer passes to the best water park ever for every person during your stay from the day you check-in to check out. The place is beyond neat and tidy, its totally immaculate. Each room has a great sense of space and smell better than any motel I have ever visited. On top of all of that the accommodations they offer with your stay are amazing. An outdoor pool and an Indoor experience which includes sauna and Jacuzzi. I mean, there is no beating the value and quality this motel puts forth for the price. It was a stay truly beyond my expectations.

Room Tip: Jacuzzi suite is awesome
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Hi Hope, your review brought a smile to my face! Thank you so much for sharing. Sounds like you had a blast staying in the Jacuzzi Suite and also enjoyed the complimentary Noah’s Ark Water Park passes. Likewise, so great to hear you were happy with everything from your room to the pools and sauna. We strive to deliver the best experience possible by providing a clean, comfortable room with many on-site and in-room amenities, deals on Dells attractions included, all at an affordable price. Thank you again for taking the time to write such a thoughtful review. I do hope we can see you again soon! Take care!
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

Only stayed one night on the way back from MN to OH. Location was great, older motel, well kept for the age. Near most of Dells attractions, walking distance of city center. Worth the price, well kept grounds.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
wdk1937 – Short and sweet, right to the point. Love it. Thank you for choosing Indian Trail Motel as one of the stops throughout your journey, and for taking a moment to write us a review. We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see the family again soon on an impromptu adventure!
Westmont, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014

We love this motel! It has great prices and great location. Its just a couple blocks down from the downtown shopping, restaurants and bar area! Which is very convient and cheap to walk back if yoy chose to go b out and have some drinks : ) But close enough to the main strip where the water parks and everything are! We have stayed at other motels and some of the water park hotels, but definitely prefer this place. Plus you get the noahs ark water park passes for every night you stay!... comes to be alot cheaper than the other places! We are planning a stay there this summer!

• Stayed June 2013
Info4Dells, General Manager at Indian Trail Motel, responded to this review, May 25, 2014
We appreciate your response and look forward to seeing you again. Thank you for staying with us.
Oshkosh, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

I received a confirmation email the day after I booked my room & was charged for the first night. Over a week after receiving the email, I get a phone call telling me they don't have any room available and basically too bad. They offered me nothing other than I'm sorry, mistakes happen. Wow! I will NEVER try to book this hotel again!!!!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Info4Dells, Manager at Indian Trail Motel, responded to this review, May 25, 2014
We apologize for the inconvenience. But we were going through a reservation transition and because of that we had a problem with your reservation.
ontario
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

My family and I stayed here for 2 nights July 2013. The rooms are dated but we were only there to sleep. The grounds are kept beautifully with plenty of space for the kids to play. There are 2 pools one indoors and one outdoors which is great when the weather isn't cooperating. The location is great !!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Info4Dells, General Manager at Indian Trail Motel, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to write us a review and more importantly spending your vacation time at our motel. We have always maintained our property to keep it clean to allow our guests the comfort they are looking for. We hope to see you again for our 2014 season as this year we will be including Noah's Ark Water Park Passes for all our guests everyday of your stay along with a Free BOGO Discount card.

Sincerely, Ed
Chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

We stood at one of the rooms that were in the back of the main hotel. It was clean but the furniture and drawers were old and dingy. The owners are nice but super busy and really dont pay attention to what you are asking.
The room was small and butt right next to the airconditioner in window.
The towels smelled of strong clorox and were hard.
The grounds was nice and so was the indoor pool and sauna.

The location is great and removed from the strip.

Coffee was free and available every morning.

Room Tip: Choose one of the rooms located up front and by the outdoor or indoor pool.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Indian Trail Motel? Share your experiences!