“Comfy” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #22 of 78 hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Comfy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

This is a very nice place to stay, clean, nice pool, convenient, etc. We stayed for a gals weekend in the house and it was exactly what we needed. You could pay more and stay at one of the fancier, new resorts, but who wants to stay in their room on vacation anyway ? The staff was helpful and all clean and tidy. A great value for us.

Room Tip: The house is perfect for a large group or family. We had seven women in the 3 BR/2bath. Just right...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

183 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013 via mobile

I have been going to this location since 1998 Anna is the best and most accommodating person I have ever met. The rooms are clean , great price , & if you have a problem with something Anna goes out of her way to make sure you have a great stay.. One year when the whole state of Wisconsin had that beetle problem I was staying at the Indian trail and had a bad room due to the bug issue , spoke with Anna and she took care of me right away... She will always get my business when I'm staying overnight or longer ... Keep up the great service and prices ..

• Stayed October 2012
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

Great Service, staff, friendly, nice area, in the heart of downtown Dells. (Walk about 5 minutes). This was a very good experience, but right in front of the woods so watch out for the bugs! Also, another thing that was disappointing was the breakfast. The staff had told me there was free continental breakfast. Nothing was there, but coffee that is always there. Have been here for 5 years. Great!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Illinois City, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Just had an awesome weekend with 25 family members, we all stayed at the Indian Trail Motel. My husband and I stayed in one of the economy rooms , that has just been remolded. It looked and smelled so fresh! This was our third year with this motel and we will book again for next year.

The only suggestion that I could add is that they replace the old mattress in room 50, and change the old bedspread with with a nice new one.

Room Tip: My family rented 7 rooms plus the whole house, they all were what the web sight described. Very nic...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

I arrived without a reservation and secured a room for one night. Traveling alone, the manager was very accommodating and suggested a room in its own little block of four, as no other rooms were occupied and I wouldn't be woken or bothered by noise from families in adjoining rooms. This was a very nice extra touch, very thoughtful.
The room was freshly renovated and had a brand new door and bathroom. The bed was a little hard, however. Wifi reception was excellent.
For $59 per night plus tax, it was very good value. Great location, walking distance to a number of restaurants. At night there are mosquitoes everywhere outside, although this isn't any fault of the motel.
Both indoor and outdoor pools.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Chicago Suburb, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

My husband and I stayed for 2 nights in the Dells and were very pleased by the Indian Trail Motel. The decor is outdated but as long as that's not a deal-breaker, this is a great place to stay. It was VERY clean, down the street from the Dells' shops, and the grounds were remarkably well kept--it seemed like a safe place to stay. The price was right. It took a while to check in due to someone who called and wanted to know everything about the hotel down to the smallest detail but the service was friendly via phone and in person. And it was QUIET. I could take a pregnancy nap every afternoon without being woken up. Will definitely be staying here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We stayed at this motel the weekend of the big car show in the Wisconsin Dells area and since we booked last minute, our usual motel Dell Creek, was already booked so we decided to give this place a shot. The lady that booked the room was very friendly and helpful. We were arriving very late that Friday night and she was very accomodating by leaving our key in our room and the door opened since the office would not be open upon our arrival. The grounds of the hotel were very pretty and well kept, the room was very old and outdated but very clean. My only real complaint was that the bed was one of the most uncomfortable beds I have ever slept on. My husband and I were staying Friday and Saturday night and neither of us got any sleep due to the extremely uncomfortable mattress and pillows (there were only two pillows on the bed). We both had extremely stiff necks and sore backs after our stay. The outdoor pool was not filled yet and the owners were working on the tile when we walked around the grounds. The enjoyable part of our stay was that there were a lot of the car show contestants staying at our hotel so we walked around and looked at all of the cars on Saturday and that was fun. Also, it was very quiet which is very nice. If it hadn't been for the uncomfortable beds and bed pillows we would probably return. I am giving the hotel 3 stars because of the cleanliness and the kindness of the owners as well as the quiet and nice grounds, unfortunately I am subtracting 2 stars because of the beds. The owner seemed surprised when we checked out and I told her how uncomfortable the beds were. She said that they had just gotten new beds however the bed was like a brick and the pillow was very cheap and not comfortable at all.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Info4Dells, Owner at Indian Trail Motel, responded to this review, June 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our motel. We appreciate your comments. We feel sorry for you, that you didn't have a good night sleep. All of our mattresses are new and 99.9% of customers are very happy with them.

Old mattresses were kind of hard and that's why they've been replaced with better ones. We're doing the same with the pillows.

We're really sorry that your stay with us wasn't perfect.

Anna/Owner Manager

Been to Indian Trail Motel? Share your experiences!