“Feels like home” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #21 of 80 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Beaver Dam, Wisconsin, United States
“Feels like home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

I have been staying at Indian Trail Motel for 7 years now, the owners treat you like family and make you feel at home. There are not many places in the Dells anymore that have such a beautiful setting as the Indian Trail. I will continue to stay there every year.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Info4Dells, Manager at Indian Trail Motel, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
We appreciate your nice review. We try to please everybody who is staying at our motel. We look forward to seeing you this summer again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

We stayed on Aug 26 and Aug 27 of this year. After a 13 hour drive our family managed to check in around 9:30pm and the owner at the front desk was friendly and courteous and gave gave us our keys to our room. She also gave us all the promised items in the Noah's Ark packaged that we upgraded to.

However we had more family members coming that didn't arrive yet and I noticed that the office closes at 10:30pm so was concerned for them not to arrive time to get there keys. She gave us our family's keys and said that they can check in the morning if they are late!

Now, I have to admit that the rooms are very dated with the wood panelling, old furniture and carpets, something out of of the 80's but it is however very clean and well kept. Rooms were cleaned, sheets and towels were changed daily when we stepped out. The kids loved the open green areas as well as the shuffle board and outdoor table tennis areas. There was also an outdoor pool and as well as an indoor pool that we didn't use, but looked clean and well kept. The owner definitely has some pride of ownership in her property.

Motel is located about 15 minutes from Dells downtown, and parking directly infront of the room is extremely handy to load and unload the care.

Definitely a great value hotel and we would not hesitate to use again in the future!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Lexington, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

The motel has a really nice location, not close to the noise but still not far away from all the attractions and water parks. What I like most about this particular motel is the presence of lots of green areas and its closeness to the woods which makes it perfect for making barbecues and outdoor activities. My room was very neat and cozy and it was very well cleaned when I entered. I didn't spent much time in the motel, just the nights, but I can't complain of any noise or problems. The owners are a really nice couple and I can asure you will get the best service from them! I also have to mention that the housekeepers are really nice and are doing their job perfectly without disturbing the vacation time of the people. And they are really cute, too :D

Room Tip: Choose a room not looking at the street if you want to get away from the noise for a while.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

this motel continues to be a clean, well runned establisment. we enjoy the pool a great deal, due to it's 11 foot depth. I would however, next time, steer clear of any of the package deals offered for such things as Noah's Ark, as you may be able to find coupons or discounts along the strip at a better rate. We will return next year for our yearly Wisconsin Dells outing.

Room Tip: be mindful that you may not be able to access your room until 3pm, if you arrive sooner in the area...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

The guest service agent was awesome and very very sweet. They helped me and accommodated me as we were a really really late check-in. The lady was very professional and their office was very clean and tidy. The owner was very professional and attentive to our needs. For example, I informed them that the soda machine was not working properly and they immediately assessed the situation and gave me back the 75 cents that was taken by the machine from me. Every day our room was serviced while we were gone. The rooms do not smell like bleach. They smell clean like fresh blankets. There coffee and tea was great. The beds were comfy. The price was right being that it was right on the strip of a main tourist attraction downtown Wisc Dells... I will stay there again if I ever travel to Wisconsin from California. Thank you for showing us such a great time..........

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012 via mobile

I love this place been here twice this year.For fourth of July and then for memorial day and Labor day. To bad it's not open all year long because I would go there over the winter also.And the owners are the best easy to get along with. Family P from Des Plaines :-)

• Stayed August 2012
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012 via mobile

Ive always rented rooms from Indian Trail motel in the past but its now under new ownership and the new owner is an immature and unprofessional man. First of all, I was overcharged on my credit card for the room and they told me that they could adjust the rate if they wanted to. I ended up paying 85 a night for a very small room with one bed. I should have just left then. Now this is a very low end Motel! This room was very dirty and the comforter smelled really bad. They tell you that you can have the fire pit lit till 12pm but the owner himself,not staff, put out the fire at 11pm. The owner was drinking and talking loudly with a group of russian men and women on the porch that we shared with another room. He was very rude to us. They were very loud. This motel used to be cute. There was a dead roach behind the toilet and hornets nest on the porch. I will never stay there again

• Stayed August 2012

Been to Indian Trail Motel? Share your experiences!