“Nice Break from Water Park” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Type: Ski/ Snowboard Areas, Outdoors
Burlington, Vermont
6 attraction reviews
“Nice Break from Water Park”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

Took advantage of perfect winter weather to spend a few hours snow-tubing at Christmas Mountain. Nice break from spending time in indoor water park over the Christmas holidays. Pluses - snow tube hill is awesome. Staff was very friendly. Price was great - free since we were staying at Mt. Olympus. Cons - incredibly crowded. Understaffed - line to purchase tickets was incredibly long. Tried one day to obtain snow-tube tickets and by the time we got to the head of the line, we were told that they had sold out and the best they could do was put us on the wait list and phone us when spots were available. Decided to change our plans and showed up very early the following day to make sure we had tickets. On the day we visited, the line of people waiting to pick up rental snowboard/skis was incredibly long. All in all, great break but be prepared to wait in long lines.

Visited December 2013

Park City, Illinois
7 attraction reviews
“peace full”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

we own a time share here. We love the serenity. The cotage we stayed in really needs to be upgraded which there are doing. One thing I do not like is they always try to get you to go to a meeting and when you say no they just keep trying which just irritates me no means no.

Visited October 2013
Manteno, Illinois
5 attraction reviews
“THE BIG OUTDOOR HOT TUB IS BEST”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

My in-laws own a place on Christmas Mountain, so my experience is only in staying at their place, we have not rented our own unit yet, so I can't speak on the cabins, other units, etc. Also, I have never been in winter for the ski season, but I would love to as I hear it's great!

There has been a LOT of upgrading here and it is beautiful. The new landscaping is such an improvement. My favorite thing to do while here is for my wife and I to immerse ourselves in the big outdoor hot tub. Talk about relaxing! Ahhhhh. The mini golf is fun and there are other things available like sand volleyball, horseshoes, bags and so on.

There is a fantastic golf course too, but I am sorry to say I have never golfed in my life, but this course sure makes me want to try.

I love waking up on an early morning with the dew still wetting the grass, hopping in the in-laws golf cart and just driving around the mountain, saying hello to the wonderful people who stay there.

Christmas Mountain to me is a new family tradition that my wife introduced me to right before we got married, so it will always hold a special place in my heart. Why don't you go ahead and try the place out? You just might find a new tradition for your family too.

Visited July 2013
Minneapolis, Minnesota
3 attraction reviews
“Worst beds ever, you won't sell timeshares this way!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

Pros:
1.We were guests of an owner, although we have been told that "all this" will be ours someday. We were not bothered to sit through the timeshare presentation. We were asked to do so, politely said no, and it was not brought up again.
2. We stayed in a townhome, and it was very clean. I did note that they need some heavy duty limescale remover in the bathroom.
3. Cozy and country, very "ski lodge" type of feel.
4. Staff was very polite, check in was timely.

Cons: Bed was small, but the room was too small for a bigger bed, like a king. My husband slept with his feet hanging off the bed every night as a result. Our backs were sore every morning. Seriously the most uncomfortable bed I've ever slept in, including an air mattress.
2.We had very poor cell reception while at the townhome, We could get text messages but not calls. Since we had boarded our pets, it was important for us to be able to receive calls.
3. Poor design--we couldn't use the fireplace because of the placement of the only chair in the living area. This was not a big deal to us, but it seems like a wasted amenity if patrons can't use it. There really wan't any place else to put the chair to use the fireplace.
4. Only the indoor pools at the reception center were available for use.
5. Construction appears to be rather poor. The floors creaked when we walked and the walls were paper thin. For just after Labor Day, you'd think they could spread people out a bit more. We could hear every step from the adjoining side.
6. No views to speak of, and there were tons of windows. If we kept the blinds up, we could have spied on our neighbors all day long.
7. The ceiling fan in the bedroom clanked away, we had to turn it off and we both prefer to sleep with the fan on at night.
8. Cheap, although functional and clean appliances. It was impossible to watch a movie with the dishwasher running. We could hear our neighbor's dishwasher, washer/dryer, and every shower or hot tub they took.
9. One of the lamps had a short in the cord, rendering it unusable, will request this be fixed now, but we didn't want to worry about anyone coming in while we were gone.

Since this was meant to be a romantic get-away, we were not dissatisfied with the stay, however this was not the area to put a guest in if you are trying to sell timeshares. If I was an owner, I'd be pissed off that this is all I got for my money. The beds were the worst part. We're pretty go with the flow type of people, but since we have a family member we did look with a critical eye.

Visited September 2013
Fort Wayne, Indiana
“nice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

we stayed in a newly remodeled unit and it was great. three tvs, full kitchen,tennis,basketball. 2 pools, and best of all our unit was separated from others. great stay

Visited June 2013