“They advertise low rates. . .” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Monaco Motel and Suites

We can't find prices for this hotel
Monaco Motel and Suites
1310 Wisconsin Dells Pkwy., Wisconsin Dells, WI 53965   |
Ranked #36 of 75 hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Rochester, Minnesota
“They advertise low rates. . .”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

For 2 nights we spent over $320 - not really that low all things considered. The room was very dated, the carpet had areas of damage, the light over the sink did not work. The TV was old. An engineering degree is required to figure out the air conditioner. The soaps and shampoos are third rate.

As others have said about the sign involving the towels...who would steal them? They were as rough as sandpaper and just as thin.

The beds were ancient and rock hard.

Never going to stay here again.

Room Tip: Choose a different motel / hotel
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

84 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Berwyn, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

Just came back last weekend from another trip to the Dells, and we booked again at Monaco.
There's NO place for us like Monaco. Service is great. We love the owners. They bend over backwards to make your stay as fun and comfortable as possible, which it always is.

The pools are one of our favorite places to hang out with the kids, and it's very well maintained, so is the area around the pool. The beds are very comfortable. The staff is helpful & friendly. They keep up the rooms very well. We just can't get enough of this place.

We're planning to go back again sometime this Summer, just cause of the great experience we've had. We'd never go to any other hotel. Monaco has great prices and location!

If you wanna have a great experience too, we definitely recommend you Monaco!

Zivanovic Family.

Room Tip: Located on strip right next to Noah's Ark. Surrounded by many restaurants.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Homewood, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

Very happy with our room--stayed on 2nd floor overlooking pool close to the road. They have a nice pool with diving board and slides outside as well as an indoor pool with hot tub. We stayed here three nights and in 2012 they were giving passes to Chula Vista water park everyday of your stay which was an excellent deal. We stayed at a modest hotel instead of paying a fortune to stay at one of the water parks but yet able to use it--much better deal. I can't think of anything bad about the stay--would recommend and would stay again probably!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

it was fine the workers where nice the rooms are neat pretty big the pools are amazing the indoor is nice and big i love the location plus they give you free tickets to noahs ark for this year but they change it every year i love the indoor pool the rooms are nice

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

I stood here on June 22 - 26 of 2012 with my daughter and son . I was very pleased with the service and all the Motel ameneties .......I dont like to complain unless really necessary....their location, price , service , rooms , cleanliness is exactly what I expected . people complaining for every little thing should book where they are charged 200 , 300 per night ! I will stay here again in June of 2013 ..

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Aurora, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

Outside area was nice...but only because it got you out of the room.

Outdated is putting it mildly, all amentities on the interior look like they have not been updated since 1970.

Bathrooms had visbile mildew build up, towels were stained and ripped, AC did not work properly (they unplug it to save money so room is exceptionally hot when you arrive), room smelled musty, carpet was supposed to be red, but was black with dirt through the traffic areas, the sheets did not fit the mattress, the comforter was placed on the floor upon our arrival due to its filthy condition. Get the point???

Some words of advice...save some money and stay elsewhere, or stay home.

Free waterpark tickets are not enticing enough to bring us back to this dump.

This was our first trip to the Dells, and unfortunately it was a trip we would prefer to forget because of the Monaco.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

The room just didn't cut it. The outdoor pool was very nice, large, and it looked clean. There was a good size picnic area with grills and we saw families enjoying it. There was also an attractive indoor pool, hot tub, sauna and game room. I felt the water in the indoor pool and it was warm, not icy cold like some motels keep their pools. The location of the motel was also good for families going to Noah's Ark or any restaurants or activities along that strip. When it came to the room, there were some things that bothered me. It did smell funny, and as other reviewers have mentioned, the air conditioner was not running. That was OK, I just plugged it in and it worked great. So great in fact that I woke up freezing at 5:30 a.m. The only way to adjust the air conditioner was to turn on the lights and stand on a chair to see and reach the knobs. That did it! Could not sleep after that. Other things that weren't so great: no clock radio, tiny bars of soap that break into little slivers after only a few hand washings, only one small, thin bath towel per person. (You also got one thin hand towel & washcloth per person). I didn't mind so much that the decor was so outdated, but I minded the stains on the chairs and the stains on the really ugly carpet. The room may have been clean, but the stains made it seem dirty. The blanket on the bed did not even cover my shoulders and I'm on the short side. The second day we were there the maid cleaned up while we were gone. New linens and soap, but she left the plastic glasses that we used and did not give us new ones. We could not even have 2 new cheap, plastic glasses...really? There was a note on the mirror warning guests that they would be charged for any missing towels. I'm guessing that people take towels regularly? Maybe that is why guests get so few? My husband mentioned the towels and soap at checkout and the lady was very pleasant and assured him that they would have brought us more towels and soap if we had asked. Point taken - it is true that we did not ask. We were in the Dells to visit friends who have a cabin on the lake, and we spent all of our time there. We only went to the motel to sleep, and the Monaco was close to their cabin. I thought that we would be OK with the room because I didn't want to spend a lot of money just to sleep there. I was wrong. I want nicer towels and enough of them, a clock radio with a digital display that I can see during the night, soap that is not in little slivers, a blanket that is long enough for the bed, air conditioning that I can adjust during the night without a big ordeal, a shower curtain that does not stick to me as I try to shower, and furniture and carpet that are not so stained that it makes me cringe. I also really appreciate a coffee pot in the room, but I knew that the Monaco doesn't provide one when I booked the room (just saying). I wish that I had spent a bit more and booked the kind of motel room that I would have liked. I would have given the Monaco a lower rating if it weren't for the pools and outdoor area that were maintained well. The Wisconsin Dells motels are pretty expensive during the summer, so families on a budget may want to consider the Monaco for the location, pools, etc. if they do not mind the things that I have mentioned.

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Monaco Motel and Suites? Share your experiences!