The room just didn't cut it. The outdoor pool was very nice, large, and it looked clean. There was a good size picnic area with grills and we saw families enjoying it. There was also an attractive indoor pool, hot tub, sauna and game room. I felt the water in the indoor pool and it was warm, not icy cold like some motels keep their pools. The location of the motel was also good for families going to Noah's Ark or any restaurants or activities along that strip. When it came to the room, there were some things that bothered me. It did smell funny, and as other reviewers have mentioned, the air conditioner was not running. That was OK, I just plugged it in and it worked great. So great in fact that I woke up freezing at 5:30 a.m. The only way to adjust the air conditioner was to turn on the lights and stand on a chair to see and reach the knobs. That did it! Could not sleep after that. Other things that weren't so great: no clock radio, tiny bars of soap that break into little slivers after only a few hand washings, only one small, thin bath towel per person. (You also got one thin hand towel & washcloth per person). I didn't mind so much that the decor was so outdated, but I minded the stains on the chairs and the stains on the really ugly carpet. The room may have been clean, but the stains made it seem dirty. The blanket on the bed did not even cover my shoulders and I'm on the short side. The second day we were there the maid cleaned up while we were gone. New linens and soap, but she left the plastic glasses that we used and did not give us new ones. We could not even have 2 new cheap, plastic glasses...really? There was a note on the mirror warning guests that they would be charged for any missing towels. I'm guessing that people take towels regularly? Maybe that is why guests get so few? My husband mentioned the towels and soap at checkout and the lady was very pleasant and assured him that they would have brought us more towels and soap if we had asked. Point taken - it is true that we did not ask. We were in the Dells to visit friends who have a cabin on the lake, and we spent all of our time there. We only went to the motel to sleep, and the Monaco was close to their cabin. I thought that we would be OK with the room because I didn't want to spend a lot of money just to sleep there. I was wrong. I want nicer towels and enough of them, a clock radio with a digital display that I can see during the night, soap that is not in little slivers, a blanket that is long enough for the bed, air conditioning that I can adjust during the night without a big ordeal, a shower curtain that does not stick to me as I try to shower, and furniture and carpet that are not so stained that it makes me cringe. I also really appreciate a coffee pot in the room, but I knew that the Monaco doesn't provide one when I booked the room (just saying). I wish that I had spent a bit more and booked the kind of motel room that I would have liked. I would have given the Monaco a lower rating if it weren't for the pools and outdoor area that were maintained well. The Wisconsin Dells motels are pretty expensive during the summer, so families on a budget may want to consider the Monaco for the location, pools, etc. if they do not mind the things that I have mentioned.
- Also Known As:
- Monaco Hotel
- Monaco Hotel Wisconsin Dells
- Monaco Motel Wisconsin Dells
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Monaco Motel is located right in the middle of all the action on Wisconsin Dell's strip. We are right next door to America's largest Waterpark, Noah's Ark! We are also walking distance to many restaurants and attractions. Our property has indoor and outdoor swimming pools, game room, playground, and picnic area. Each room has microwave and refrigerator and comes with free wi-fi. We have standard rooms and also family suites to accommodate everyone. Our mission is to make sure your family has a memorable and fun vacation here in Wisconsin Dells! Monaco Motel offers specials for our guests all summer long. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Monaco Motel and Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.