“You definately get what you pay for!!” 2 of 5 stars

FairBridge Inn Express
811 Wisconsin Dells Pkwy, Wisconsin Dells, WI 53965   |
Ranked #17 of 17 Wisconsin Dells B&B and Inns
Park Falls, Wisconsin
“You definately get what you pay for!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

Spent 2 nights at the Fairbridge Inn the 5th & 6th of July. Staff was friendly upon check-in, and we were given room #22, which was right next to the busy roadway. My first thought was it was going to be very noisy, but that was not a problem at all. Room was dated, but better than expected after reading some horrific reviews. Never even saw the indoor pool, but my grandson really enjoyed the outdoor pool w/slide. Morning coffee from the front desk was a plus, as I don't like screwing around with the in-room coffee maker. Location was excellent. I could have paid double and got a much nicer room, but all we needed it for was 8 hours of sleep. You don't go to the Dells for the hotel room!!!

Room Tip: If you just hit the lottery, stay elsewhere. If you want to spend your ca$h on Noah's Ark, mini...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
MA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

To whom it may concern,

With much anticipated excitement of a family vacation get away that was scheduled to take place beginning on July 20, 2013, we had secured a reservation at the FairBridge Loyalty Inn in Wisconsin Dells, WI for a stay of two nights. Upon arrival to the establishment after check in, however - the vacation took an unfortunate and an un acceptable turn. After arriving at our room - with our family of 2 adults and four children, we were greeted by several un sanitary, un safe and un acceptable elements of the room. Below - you will be provided with a detailed list of the concerns along with photo attachments as supportive evidence.

Entrance way to the room- sides of the walk way lined with poison ivy growth.
A free standing grill with a thick layer of grease and insects along with no available cleaning tools.
A wooden board loose from the main structure of the approximate length of 1.5 feet with two rusted 2.5 inch nails sticking straight up while laying on the concrete.
Inside the main living area, dirty carpets, food articles left on the floor and an approximate 4 inch boarder of strongly built dust along the edges of the carpets indicating a proper cleaning had not been completed.
The kitchenette area- grease lined drip pans covered with tin foil and an excessive amount of grease on the stove area. Dirty oven with build up making it impossible to utilize this kitchen for any food preparation.
Kitchen wall with old crusted food that had not been properly cleaned.
Kitchen cabins broken where long pieces of wood had created jagged edges on the doors.
Beds were positioned on wooden crates that were not only dirty and smelly but also hazardous as sharp edges on the corners were exposed and as walking by our children's hit the corners numerous times and injured their feet.
Mattresses were torn and dirty in all of the beds.
Lack of proper lighting.
Holes in the walls
The door handle came off the second bedroom door upon simply attempting to open the door.
Dead insects on the windows sills.
Filthy blankets and bed spreads with burn marks.

We immediately began a search of alternate accommodations, unfortunately not being able to find anything for the same day. The following morning, we proceeded to discuss our concerns with the front desk. In our discussion with the front desk staff, we were informed that the facility has one individual completing any maintenance related concerns. On this particular morning, he had been trying to fix a 50 year old washing machine. This obviously raises a concern as to even how clean are the bed linens at the property. Additionally, when inquiring if this hotel had been recently inspected by the board of health - we were informed it has been six years since the last site visit. Furthermore, the front desk staff explained that they haven been asking for attention from the owners of this facility to repair and address the multitude of issues- but have been unsuccessful. There is absolutely no excuses on the lack of maintenance, proper maintenance of the facility, or the lack of sanitary conditions. We travel extensively and have never forwarded a complaint regarding this type of concerns.

Not only are we concerned for our family having to endure these un acceptable conditions, but also carry a concern for any other traveller who will be faced with the same concerns. We ask for your cooperation in refunding us the amount spent on the night we stayed - of $113.00. We look forward to receiving a response regarding the concerns stated above along with a reimbursement of the cost of our stay. Shall we not receive any correspondence - we are left with no other options but to contact the Board of Heath directly and forwarding our concerns to the State of Wisconsin.

Respectfully,

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

My husband and I booked this online on a very busy week-end so it was one of our only choices. Since we were going to be out doing things during the day (and at the Casino at night) we choose this because of the price. On paper it sounded very nice. Good location, microwave,refrigerator, 2 queen beds and coffee maker. I must admitt...we did not expect much. The best we were hoping for was clean. Boy were we surprised! We checked into our room with a very friendly, helpful lady who also gave us some dining advice. Once in the room we stood in the doorway with our mouths open. The room was clean, had everything that was listed and more. There was a beautiful fireplace and jacuzzi. Despite being on a busy road the room was fairly quiet. The only things I could possibly find to complain about would be the decor, it was defiantly dated and the morning light. There was a frosted window in the dressing area and the morning sun came through very bright, very early. I would stay here again but I would bring a eye mask. My husband had not no problem sleeping, but then again he never does!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

I have stayed at many motels and hotels during my vacation stops but this was a horrible stay. I completed my transaction through Priceline.com and got the motel room for $85.76. Not sure how much the rooms are normally but I paid the same price with a whirlpool tub compared to a non whirlpool room.

I must admit, all of the pictures of the rooms that are shown on this website are true and accurate. The owners of the motel are friendly and the lady who greeted me was nice and friendly.

The room that I was placed in was room # 42. There are two parts of the motel and the back half of the property can not be seen by Wisconsin Dells Parkway. Plenty of parking but to enter the back half of the property for parking, you must exit back onto Wisconsin Dells Parkway and turn onto either street that is left or right of the property.

This motel has two pools and a sauna. The outdoor pool can be seen by Wisconsin Dells Parkway and the indoor pool and sauna are located in the separate building that is in back of the first building.

My room once again was # 42 which was remodeled like the pictures in this website. I first walked into the motel room and noticed that the door was hard to open and noticed that the rubber stripping under the door was falling off which was causing the door to jam.

Once I got into the room, it seemed to be OK until I further investigated it. The bathroom seemed to have some type of water damage in the ceiling and there was no ventilation van to remove the moisture from the bathroom. The ceiling seemed to have black mold on it which had been painted over with white paint and some of the paint on the walls and ceiling were starting to bubble. When I walked into the bathroom, there was water in front of the toilet and beside the tub which I cleaned up with a towel. After 5 hours of touring the Dells, I returned and noticed more water beside the toilet and tub and figured that water was slowly dripping from the upstairs motel room and coming down through the light. I did not report this to the managers of the motel as it was not an major issue but I was not expecting water on the floor.

When you stay in the rooms, I would suggest that you open the door from the bathroom into the main room to let the steam ventilate because the bathroom will have moisture all over the ceiling and walls within the bathroom. What a MESS!

The bathroom had another issue where the door was warped and you could barely open and close it. Even slamming the door didn't help much but since you have to keep it open to ventilate the moisture out into the main room, I guess who needs a door!

The room has a small sink, microwave and refrigerator in it but after careful investigation, the cleaning crew didn't throw away the last visitors left over food and the refrigerator stunk like rotten garbage.

The whirlpool tub was dirty as I found a hair sticking to the side of it. It seems the whirlpool tubs are like this in other reviews of other rooms. I also noticed that the stopper that was used in the whirlpool tub was a large make shift rubber maid stopper that you would use in a sink. A knob was also missing on top of the whirlpool tub and water was leaking from it.

I also found out that the walls are VERY thin as you can hear anyone next door. Luckily for us, the party next door shut up after 2 minutes and everything was quiet. Just be prepared to hear your next door neighbors. The beds were just OK but I felt dirty laying in them and the beds were not comfortable and made noises. I was concerned that the bed might fall a part.

I didn't use the indoor pool or sauna but they seemed to be OK but why swim there when you have the water parks to spend time in and other attractions.

I would never come back to this place as there are better places to stay! You get what you pay for but I have paid this same price for other nicer motels on other trips.

This motel was named something else before the Fairbridge Inn & Suites but you take a gamble when you purchase a room at this establishment.

Room Tip: I have no tips because I would not recommend this place.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Hartland, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We have never been so disappointed with motel. From the add on line, we thought we were staying at a Fairbridge Inn & Suites. Fairbridge this is not! The review that gives 10 reasons why they hate this place is right on the mark!

First of all, we walk into the office to check in and find that the outdoor pool is not open. They haven't even started filling it. They were painting the rocks to try and make it look more appealing. We then find out that the WI-FI doesn't work. I did have work that I needed to get done but that ruled this out. When we went to the pool building, to get to our room, the buildings look like a SLUM. Once in the room, my wife sits down on the bed to find that it squeaks terribly. I sat down on it to find that it is like sitting on 2 x 4's with foam rubber covering it. My wife has major problems with her back and I do too. There is no way that either one of us can sleep on this. I called the office and complained. They offered to upgrade us to a 2 bedroom suite with a kitchenette at no additional charge, trying to keep us there.

The bed was better so we agreed to it. When I was transferring our belongings from the 1st room, while I was still outside I could hear her laughing. I walked into the so called suite and found her holding the toilet seat like a frame around her face! The toilet seat had fallen off as she was trying to use it!

I went to get some ice and asked at the front desk why the fireplace didn't work. She informed me that I needed to remove the lower grate to be able to flip the switch on. She offered to come and show me. When we walked into the room, we found my wife wiping the Jacuzzi tub with toilet paper. It came out totally black. The gal then went and got some sanitizing cleaning product and cleaned the tub out. While it was a kitchenette, there were no plates, glasses, silverware or pans. The outlet in the bathroom was not a GFI and didn't even work! We had to stretch the cord to the kitchenette sink area to use the hair dryer.

The blanket on the bed didn't even cover the top of the bed. I've seen better at Goodwill! There was black mold on the window frames, walls had multiple holes with minimal repair. The doors locked but I don;t think they would have kept anyone out that wanted in. We heard every step the occupants made and the Jacuzzi in the upstairs room was so loud, you felt like it was in your room.

The office was advertised to be open until 11 PM. The ONLY Ice machine, was in the office area. On Saturday night, the office was locked up by 9:30. On Sunday it was 10:30. I guess the young man at the desk had hot dates both nights! So much for ICE!

My wife went over to check out the pool Sunday night only to find that the Hot Tub was roped off and closed. When she asked at the office what was going on, she was told that the pump had burned out. When we went over to the pool to swim, she went into the women's bathroom only to find that someone had barfed all over the room and no one had cleaned it up.

When looking closely at the water in the hot tub, it was very obvious that someone had gotten sick in there and that was why the hot tub was closed.

There also was a pair of men's underwear laying at he bottom of the swimming pool.

I would believe that this Motel is a Health Hazard to humans! DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY STAYING HERE. NO MATTER HOW CHEAP THEY OFFER IT, it is not worth it! ! ! !

Room Tip: Avoid this place at all costs. I wouldn't stay here again if it were FREE!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
wausau, wi
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

I commend the friendliness and hospitality of the woman who checked us in..they were experiencing computer problems and she simply handed us our keys and said...."we'll take care of it tomorrow"...awesome. After that we easily found our room and easy parking.....pool looked nice...hot tub too.....room was fine...lil' old, but expected on my part....I must say after reading all the bad reviews I was a bit apprehensive...but overall it was a large room with a small bathroom, but the wetbar counter outside the bathroom made it roomy enough. The in room hot tub was waaay cool...it had a lighting feature that changed colors and just made it Las Vegasy....TV worked fine...bed comfy....noise...no issue....in all honesty would probably not stay again...simply because of the price.....I bboked online and I do expect tax and some addt'l charges...but when it goes from 79 to almost a hundy I guess I have a problem with that. I do not begrudge them their price....and it was my choice to book online......done again I would for sure do differently.
We did hit a pizza buffet...called Pizza Ranch a short 2 blocks from the premises....9.25 a person...go hungry if you want to get your money's worth....but overall was an ok choice....Tried to tell hubby it was just like the Shakey's that left our hometown 20 yrs ago...but did not equal up.
Regardless....it was a good nite of visiting with daughters and food and a peaceful nite's sleep....You take it from there.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Plymouth, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

We recently stayed at FairBridge Inn for 2 nights. We were in the "new" back building. To be honest, from the outside..it's a little rundown. Needs a new coat of paint. But the inside (for the price) was not bad at all. We had a King w/ Hot tub....it was very relaxing.
Pluses
-Location
-Parking (well lit, plenty of parking)
-Fireplace
-Newer TV (however the remote was missing ...luckily we don't watch tv much!)
-Hot Tub
-Nice Decor/room colors
-Shower actually had power to it!
-Indoor Pool right outside our door

Minuses
-Could have been a bit cleaner (this is me being picky)
-TV remote missing
-Pool outside room (people loud at night)
-Bed was a bit noisy
-Some wallpaper/paint peeling in spots (mostly around hot tub)
-No WIFI

I would stay here again for this price with the hot tub in the room. (that is why we went with this motel)

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple