“Nice at first glance, but that's where it ends” 2 of 5 stars

FairBridge Inn Express
811 Wisconsin Dells Pkwy, Wisconsin Dells, WI 53965   |
Ranked #17 of 17 Wisconsin Dells B&B and Inns
Antioch, Illinois, United States
“Nice at first glance, but that's where it ends”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

So, we pull up to this dilapidated building that is a sorry excuse for anything more than a slum, but we were at least greeted with a smile and a courteous attendant so that much is a plus. Our room was ready about 2 hours early for us to check in... another plus! We walk through the building we're in and are led outside into another building, passing what appears to be a couple more ghetto buildings on the way. I'm seriously waiting for gunfire at this point.

Then, we enter the rear building to be somewhat surprised by an indoor pool in the center of the building with rooms around the perimeter. Okay, not so bad. Open the door to see that the rooms have been somewhat updated with newer countertops, showers, tiles and a few other cosmetic touches. First glance is where the impressive qualities ended. Further inspection revealed some serious flaws.

Let's start with the fact that we had adjoining rooms with the other couple we went with. While this is a plus, some privacy is a must in the event you want to be intimate. Well, this door doesn't lock from either direction so I guess "mi casa es su casa" has never been truer.

Let's move on to the inspection of the beds because, hey, no matter what the building looks like, as long as there is a cozy bed, I'm a happy camper. Well, uncomfortable doesn't even begin to describe these pieces of garbage that they passed off as beds. Springs poking you in every direction, so loud, creeky and squeaky that you can't move without waking/scaring your partner out of a dead sleep. These aren't beds, these are pieces of plywood with rusted springs between each of them and a 1/2" layer of cotton balls sprinkled on top. I'm writing this review 3 days after my return and I'm still disgusted with the beds.

A few other quick notes of things that were a problem: the chairs in the room were so rickety, I was afraid to sit on them, the hair dryer didn't work, the drain in the shower wasn't operational and there were stains on the comforter. Also, the floors felt dirty and downright slimy in some areas.

Upon our departure, I made mention of our disgust with the room to the front desk. They seemed hardly interested in the fact that we weren't pleased with our stay and went as far as telling us that the buildings AND beds were new. Ha! Yeah, right! I was born at night, but not last night. This was an absolute joke! Oh, and after our one night stay, I wake up the 2nd day to realize I have a bunch of what appear to be bug bites on my left leg. Bed bugs? I dunno, but a possibility! My final advice? Avoid this joint and splurge for one of the nicer places. We went as couples this time, but we plan to return with my 5 year old step-son next Summer. We're definitely going to pony up the extra cash to stay at one of the nicer resorts. The savings in this case most definitely weren't worth the discomfort.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

FairBridge Inn Express is located centrally to all Wisconsin Dells and Lake Delton attractions. Both indoor and outdoor pools are easily accessible. The staff was friendly and helpful. The air conditioner is a bit loud, but I slept SO well, perhaps because I appreciate the white noise. I'd gladly stay there again!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with cheaprooms.com

South Milwaukee, WI
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

I recently took a trip to the dells with my fiance, and it was a spur of the moment trip so I quickly booked a hotel that was fairy inexpensive, and I learned my lesson. First of all, the name of this hotel alone is confusing. It says here it is called "FairBridge Inn Express" but when you get there the sign has "FairBridge Inn Express, Loyalty Inn" on it, and all the paperwork you recieve in the hotel "binder" and what not all say Riviera Suites on it. Our first impression was pure discust, this hotel looks like one of the ones you make fun of on your way to a nice resort. We were in room #44 in the "back building." The whole outside looks really run down, yet the inside looks newly remodeled, yet unclean. The whole place is just dirty, the stairwells were dirty the floors were dirty, and the hotel room smelled. It was a faint drywall type smell. The beds were the most uncomfortable thing ever, and were noisy with only the slightest of movements. The sheets on the beds were wrinkled, and on one of the queen beds there were a few hairs. LOTS of hairs in the shower drain. Paper straw wrapper was stuck to the bathroom floor, a few small peices of toilet paper. The only good thing I have to say about this "hotel" is that the inside and outside pools and hot tubs were nice, and that is about it. I would not reccomend.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Alexandria, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012

The first thing we see when we walk in the room is a spider..... The hotel managers have a rule that if you leave your stay early, they do not reimburse you anything. I paid over $500 and forfeited it ALL. And I do not regret it - I'd pay $500 to NOT STAY there, and pay $500+ to stay at Hotel Rome. If you stay at Hotel Rome, it's the same price AND you get free passes to all Mt. Olympus' parks. Hotel Rome is AMAZING. Loyalty Inn (AKA Fairbridge Inn Express) will leave you incredibly disgusted.

Room Tip: Hotel Rome (A Mount Olympus Hotel)