In a word: this place is great! We spent a total of 9 days there during our summer vacation in July of 2013 and loved it.
The Resort is not your typical hotel. It is rather a number of privately owned condominiums, which are rented out "hotel style" when the owners don't use them themselves. You immediately notice that actual people (not money pinching corporations) designed, built and decorated these condos for their own use and enjoyment. There are 3 building sections arranged around two outdoor pools. A central office building (containing an indoor pool,a spa, a sauna, a game room and a small commissary) round out the compound.
The outdoor pools feature a few kid-friendly items (like a slide, an in-pool basketball goal, a double swing, and a spectacular waterfall) and the water is pretty warm. Two small sand beaches, a boat landing, and a boat launch for use by resort guests occupy the waterfront towards Lake Delton. You can rent pedal boats and canoes at the office and enjoy the lake. No wonder the place is popular with fishermen. The beaches were very popular with our kids, who loved building sand castles there.
The condos come in various sizes. Each has a full kitchen, with range/oven, microwave, dishwasher, fridge and a washer/dryer combination. Knowing we could do our laundry there meant we could travel rather lightly. Coffee machine, toaster, a full set of China and a comfy breakfast area meant we could easily do family meals ourselves, rather than having to eat out too often. Our condo, a 2-bedroom unit in the 600 block, was lovingly adorned with artwork, decoration and knick-knacks. Whoever decorated this place is apparently much more into fishing than I am, but either way, we felt at home in this place in a way we'd never have in a sterile hotel room. High quality appliances and hardware make it obvious that this place was designed by owners for their own use.
This not being a hotel means you won't get daily room service (although there is a "fresh-up" service after 4 days). The office is only staffed during daytime hours, and the staff is very helpful and friendly. And there is no on-premise restaurant (although you can, of course, order pizza delivery). If you can live with these restrictions, the Caribbean Club Resort may just be right for you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Caribbean Club Resort, located on beautiful Lake Delton, will surround you with lush gardens, palms, cascading waterfalls, and romantic sunsets. At the Caribbean Club Resort, you will be convinced you are far away from all earthly concerns, but are only minutes away from everything the Wisconsin Dells has to offer - major attractions, casino, golf, public indoor & outdoor water parks, and top notch restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Odigeo, Agoda and Hotels.com so you can book your Caribbean Club Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Caribbean Club Hotel Wisconsin Dells
- Caribbean Hotel Wisconsin Dells
- Caribbean Resort Wisconsin Dells