“Overall a positive experience” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Aloha Beach Resort & Suites

We can't find prices for this hotel
Aloha Beach Resort & Suites
You added Aloha Beach Resort & Suites to your Saves list
1370 E. Hiawatha Dr., Wisconsin Dells, WI 53965   |
Ranked #7 of 80 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Illinois
“Overall a positive experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

Agree with other posters that the people running the place aren't overly enthusiastic. The hotel is dated but we found it to be clean. There are 2 playground areas which were a hit with our kids. Location is great. The "water view" was really blocked by trees but still pretty. Indoor pool had cold water but it was warmer outside. My only complaints are that there was no clock in the room and they don't supply towels for swimming.

• Stayed August 2013

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Polish first
Elk Grove Village, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

I was able to bring the whole family on this trip and with 2 teenagers and 2 little ones it is hard to find a place that works for everyone! I was able to get two rooms right next to each other and it worked out perfectly. The kids got to stay in one room while my husband and I had a room to ourselves.

The balcony over looks the pool so we were able to see the kids play while we relaxed a far enough distance away to not ruin our kids "cool" persona. There is also free canoeing and paddle boating on Lake Delton, and an optional fire pit for the evening activity on the lake shore.

There were plenty of towels and when we needed more (and we did!).We were able to get it from the reception. The beds were in good shape and the air conditioner works great. I would recommend staying in the hotel section when you have kids, so they are easier to watch in the pool from there, but the motel section seemed to be in demand as well.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

We stayed 4 days and 3 nights at this hotel. We got the family suite that sleeps 5 the only room they had available was the lower level near the indoor pool. The staff was average not as friendly as people say in other reviews. The room was very average with a wall separating the beds, the only way to watch tv if you were on the other side of the room. I did like that the sink was outside of the bathroom. But the room wasn't very clean it had an odor of mildew, there were dirty Q-tips and tissue on the side of the bed by the night stand, the room phone was very dirty and the fridge had mold around the outside rubber gasket. It kind of grossed me out! The sheets and the pillows had an odd smell to them as well. As for the sofa sleeper it was shot, my 5 year old said it was very uncomfortable, you know that's bad they sleep anywhere. I had a horrible nights sleep because I could hear water running every time someone above used the washroom. I went to speak to the manager about these issues. She tried to see if she had another room available, she did but only for one night and I needed two. She said, she would have the clean girls check everything and clean up the room thoroughly. She said, they were young and only want a pay check. Well, they were young ladies. In the dells, they hire many young students from different countries and pay them very little. So you get what you pay for...The manager did come down to see about the issues in the room. She said, she would fix them and they were in the process of buying new sofa beds for the hotel, but that wasn't going to help my 5 year old. We went out and came back the room was in better shape and the sheets didn't have that odd smell to them. But, I still could smell the odor of the room. Other reviews mentioned the sheets coming off the bed, yes they do! I can see this is a hotel that likes to go cheap, no irons, coffee pots, or blow dryers in the rooms. Yes, they do have a nice indoor and outdoor pool, with the beach, grills, paddle boats, and fire pits. But was it worth a good place to stay where I felt comfortable, not really. I will stay some where else next time, first impressions are everything. If I could have gotten my money back I would have and stayed somewhere else.

Room Tip: Don't get lower level rooms
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Appleton, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

We stayed 2 nights in a joining room with friends. We had a nice time. The rooms and beds were clean and comfortable. The area is nice by the lake and has canoes and paddle boats available free of charge. There are several fire pits for use and wood for sale in the lobby. The staff were very, very accommodating. 1 indoor pool and hot tub, 1 outdoor pool and hot tub. Conveniently located.

Winneconne, WI
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

For starters we only spent one night. We were able to get a 2 room king suite for $125 supposedly normal rate was $170. Decorations were nothing to speak of. The only ice machine was located in the lowest level. Typical for the dells there was no breakfast. We did have a balcony with a minimal view of the lake. To be fair I don't spend much time in the dells and I think this hotel sums up why. The hotel did have two nice pools and a beach. The only guests we crossed paths with we're a foul mouthed 14 year old girl and 4-5 wasted adults. If I want to stay on the lake it will be in northern Wisconsin not the dells. Staff was very nice.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Milwaukee, WI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

A large group of friends/family from Milwaukee have been staying at Aloha Beach each July for 5 years. The layout of the resort is perfect for us ... outdoor grills, lake activities, fishing, indoor pool, outdoor pool, fire pits. The grounds and buildings are very well maintained. Even though the resort is off of the main drag, it only takes a few minutes to get to all the restaurants, shops, etc. It is right next to the "Duck" trails, so you get to see them pass by on their tour route. The recent face-lift to the rooms was much appreciated.

Milwaukee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

We just came back from a four day stay at Aloha Beach and once again we had a great experience. The rooms were clean and had been newly painted. The staff was very helpful to our group and made sure our stay was enjoyable. The indoor and outdoor pools were very clean and well maintained. There is something to do there for all ages. I would recommend this place as it is off the main road and is more quiet with much less of the traffic headaches. We will definately be going back again next year.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Aloha Beach Resort & Suites? Share your experiences!