“Nice place” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Aloha Beach Resort & Suites

We can't find prices for this hotel
Aloha Beach Resort & Suites
1370 E. Hiawatha Dr., Wisconsin Dells, WI 53965   |
Ranked #7 of 77 hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Appleton, Wisconsin
“Nice place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

We stayed 2 nights in a joining room with friends. We had a nice time. The rooms and beds were clean and comfortable. The area is nice by the lake and has canoes and paddle boats available free of charge. There are several fire pits for use and wood for sale in the lobby. The staff were very, very accommodating. 1 indoor pool and hot tub, 1 outdoor pool and hot tub. Conveniently located.

133 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
  • Polish first
Winneconne, WI
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

For starters we only spent one night. We were able to get a 2 room king suite for $125 supposedly normal rate was $170. Decorations were nothing to speak of. The only ice machine was located in the lowest level. Typical for the dells there was no breakfast. We did have a balcony with a minimal view of the lake. To be fair I don't spend much time in the dells and I think this hotel sums up why. The hotel did have two nice pools and a beach. The only guests we crossed paths with we're a foul mouthed 14 year old girl and 4-5 wasted adults. If I want to stay on the lake it will be in northern Wisconsin not the dells. Staff was very nice.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Milwaukee, WI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

A large group of friends/family from Milwaukee have been staying at Aloha Beach each July for 5 years. The layout of the resort is perfect for us ... outdoor grills, lake activities, fishing, indoor pool, outdoor pool, fire pits. The grounds and buildings are very well maintained. Even though the resort is off of the main drag, it only takes a few minutes to get to all the restaurants, shops, etc. It is right next to the "Duck" trails, so you get to see them pass by on their tour route. The recent face-lift to the rooms was much appreciated.

Milwaukee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

We just came back from a four day stay at Aloha Beach and once again we had a great experience. The rooms were clean and had been newly painted. The staff was very helpful to our group and made sure our stay was enjoyable. The indoor and outdoor pools were very clean and well maintained. There is something to do there for all ages. I would recommend this place as it is off the main road and is more quiet with much less of the traffic headaches. We will definately be going back again next year.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

My family and i where really happy with our stay @ aloha beach resort it a friendly and clean resort we have a tradition of going to the dells every other year ! And i have not being so happy of my stay in a
reasonable price
clean place
And fun and the best thing is that you can a little of the felling of camping as well!
I love it !
Totally recommended

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
New Lenox, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

Used to come here as a kid (mid 1990s) and have many fond vacation memories here. Came back for the first time as an adult this summer, along with my wife.

I'm aware that smaller places like Aloha are battling against the Mt. Olympus entity that is slowly taking over all the of the Dells -- and I'm rooting for places like Aloha. That said, the place could use a little bit of a facelift.

Bed furniture or pieces of the wall that are dented could be updated. In a hotel, I don't like to be reminded that the bedding has been used by hundreds of other people. The stained bed spread was disgusting and the various spots on my sheet were unsettling. This, I have a hard time getting past.

That said, overall, the place is kept up. The pool area appears clean (even if the outdoor lawn furniture is old... not a bother to me necessarily, but something my wife observed) and the rooms despite a few minor dents are in decent shape. If you are going to be at the Dells, you shouldn't be in your room much anyways...

The place has low rates... I would just like to see them update their bedding more often. Other then that, it's a nice place to stay for vacation. Right on the lake and away from the strip, but close enough so that you're not isolated. You're also supporting a mom and pop type of place by staying here... helping to keep the Dells from being monopolized by corporate entities such as Mt. Olympus.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Milwaukee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

Just returned from Aloha Beach Resort. Nice place, great location, beautiful views. We stayed in the Tiki room just outside the hotel itself. This was a great choice as we walked out our door and into the park like setting with views of Lake Delton and easy access to the pools. I think the outside pool needed more attention, goggles showed it's true condition, but with a lot of kids in and out all day I guess it's hard to keep up. That was the only downside for me. Our room was a standard size with a mini refrigerator and microwave. We brought our own small propane grill and cooked out on the beach. They do supply weber grills, and there seemed to be many of them through out the park area. The fire pits are in a great location right on the water's edge and were very much enjoyed. The fire pits are first come first serve, and the office does sell firewood.
The playgrounds are very clean and look new. The staff was friendly. The ice machine didn't work too well, so we bought our own at the store just a mile away. This place is in a beautiful location but the resort is a little run down. The bathroom floor was a little outdated, water logged, but nothing that would sway me away from this resort. Downtown Dells is not far at all, and staying here is a nice, quiet get away from all the noise and traffic. We never saw the indoor pool or game room because we were too busy enjoying the outside activities. Great park area for picnics. I will be booking this resort whenever I go to the Dells in the future.

Room Tip: Tiki Rooms I believe are the way to go at this resort. They are located just outside the main hotel...