“Highly Recommend” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #40 of 75 hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Janesville, WI
“Highly Recommend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2009

Thanks to reviews of this hotel from other Trip Advisor travelers, we saved a tremendous amount of money and had a wonderful stay on Feb. 7th. Normally, when we visit the Dells (at least once or twice a year), we stay at one of the "Waterpark" hotels. This year with the way the economy is, I tried to find a place that was more reasonable. To our delight, we found this great place. The front desk staff were amazingly cheerful and helpful and the rooms were very clean and comfortable. The younger age pool even had waterslides, too. And not only did the large pool have a waterslide, but also giant inflatable balls and basketball hoop to enjoy. The carpets throughout looked new and very clean. Save some money this year by booking your stay here and enjoy the rest of the Dells at this ideal location.

• Liked — price
  • Stayed February 2009, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

82 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2009

We went to The New Concord Inn for a family gathering, there were 23 of us. The staff was extremely hospitable, they did everything they could to make us feel at home; they let us set up a buffet in the lobby so we all had a comfortable place to hang out. The kids loved the pool, not a huge water park, but our kids had a blast. Laid back and easy to keep tabs on everybody. The rooms are basic but clean, and you can't beat the prices, and we didn't spend much time in them anyway. A great time was had by all.

Stayed December 2008
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2008

Our last visit in June, 2008 was great as usual. We travel to the Dells several times a year and always stay here and have done so for the last five or six years. The hotel is centrally located to most attractions in the area, which makes it much easier to get around. The staff has always been very helpful and friendly and we feel like we're with family when we're there. We've always been greeted with smiles and friendliness. The rooms have been updated and have always been clean and spotless every time we've been there, as has the pool area and general areas of the hotel. We're not a "luxury hotel" couple and enjoy the feel of a smaller place. We're looking forward to staying again.

• Liked — Cleanliness, convenience, staff and price.
  • Disliked — No complaints.
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
green bay
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2008

My family and I started our vacation by staying at the New Concord Inn. We were overwhelmed by the number of hotels in Wisconsin Dells with a decent price and an ok pool for our 2 small kids, but as soon as I called the New Concord, the people were so friendly and went out of their way to make me feel comfortable. The hotel was a great price (only $90 a night) and was fine for a one-night stay. The pool was awesome, except the floor on the bottom of the kids pool was very rough... both of my kids ended up with scuffed knees. The room was clean enough and the beds could have been more comfortable. But overall, this was a great place for the price.

• Liked — The pool was great!
  • Disliked — Hotel was a bit run down and outdated. The carpets were also dirty.
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2008

Very nice hotel, didn't know it existed. Really clean and really affordable. Such a pleasant staff. Fun pools for little kids (not teenagers). Had a great stay.

• Liked — Rooms are very clean and staff is very nice
  • Disliked — They need more family suites
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
zion ill
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2008

my husband & myself stayed at the new concord in
wisconsin dells we asked for handicap room
which i thought was not equipped for a person
in a wheelchair. the commode was not for a handicapped
person and also the shower it had grab bars but no way
for him to get into the shower if you only have one leg
i was very disappointed with this hotel

• Liked — i didn't like our accommodations
  • Disliked — not for handicap person
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2008

I just stayed here over the 4th of July! I usually stay away from the Dells completely during this holiday weekend because I tend to grow tired of sold-out hotels. Taking a tip from some of my friends who found this place recently, I was surprised... to say the least, with how great it all worked out. The price was perfect and the rooms were clean and I was 5 minutes to everything. Management and staff had some of the best attitude's and attentive personal on duty. I have stayed all over the dell's and this one blew it out of the water. Staff was excellent. If I was treated great, saved money and had a clean place to stay, I'm going to recommend the place.

People at the front desk even situated me out with activities during the day for my friend and I. They called on our behalf, had friends at some of the places we wanted to go too and helped make the arrangements even easier. Thats a bit more then you'll get at some of these places.

I am coming back in early August.

• Liked — The staff, price and clean room.
  • Disliked — Only one grill and pick-nick area.
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to New Concord Inn? Share your experiences!